[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

I see 2 skill points in power charges in the tree, how do you produce power charges in the build?
Don't see anything that gives power charge
"
cronx wrote:
I see 2 skill points in power charges in the tree, how do you produce power charges in the build?

Tree node called blast cascade
"
wenlock wrote:
"
cronx wrote:

Tree node called blast cascade

Oh thanks! no longer confused
Cool build, as a new player Im running this in HC and doing well. (70 atm)

I have a question regarding sustain to spam mines.. I plan to go acrobatics and will rely on mana instead of blood magic.

How can I sustain these 120+ mana mines on bosses.. Vaal clarity does the job well on maps but during Act bosses I run into mana issues all the time and it will probably get worse.

Do i just need to invest into alot of mana regen or is there some nifty way to do this without blood magic ? Or is there some way to get mana leech .. tried warlords mark but it seemed bad.

So, I'm still a poe noob, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway:

What do you mean by "helmet enchantment?"
the +28 strength on the helmet?

but I saw people mentioning exalted orbs, so I get the feeling I'm missing something...The vid mentioned getting helmet enchantment on the unique robe? And the path of building item list has +28 on the helm in white, so I assume that's what you guys are talking about? But the robe doesn't have any white on it?

not to mention...it's a robe?
I'm so confused.

And yeah, I've been having mana issues for bosses too. (level 53, I got the unique robe but don't have at least 4 linked slots yet so I'm kind of sol for now... I think I'll just stick to the build though. blood magic sounds cool) I'm still having fun, though. I just switch to normal clarity for bosses for now. Not sure why the adds that bosses spawn don't count for vaal clarity, but whatever. xD
Last edited by Momopooka on Aug 8, 2017, 6:35:36 AM
"
Momopooka wrote:
So, I'm still a poe noob, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway:

What do you mean by "helmet enchantment?"
the +28 strength on the helmet?

but I saw people mentioning exalted orbs, so I get the feeling I'm missing something...The vid mentioned getting helmet enchantment on the unique robe? And the path of building item list has +28 on the helm in white, so I assume that's what you guys are talking about? But the robe doesn't have any white on it?

not to mention...it's a robe?
I'm so confused.

And yeah, I've been having mana issues for bosses too. (level 53, I got the unique robe but don't have at least 4 linked slots yet so I'm kind of sol for now... I think I'll just stick to the build though. blood magic sounds cool) I'm still having fun, though. I just switch to normal clarity for bosses for now. Not sure why the adds that bosses spawn don't count for vaal clarity, but whatever. xD

Helmet enchantment is the implicit mode that makes FNM repeat 2 more times. You have a chance to get this enchant at Uber lab (repeat 2 more times) or Merc lab (repeat 1 more time)
The Covenant is used to make a 7-linked FNV and making it use life instead of mana to cast.
And... I didn't understand your question about exalted orbs xD
The robe can't get any enchantment or craft, because it's a Unique Item. It only can be corrupted using a Vaal Orb (if you are luck you can get +1 lvl to socketed gems. If you are unlucky, you will lose your unique)
And mana issues, well, link FNV in covenant and spend life instead of mana to cast it xD
"
I'm having a problem, I'm following the build but have fallen in love with fire trap, don't like the concept of delayed action with the Careful craft or whatever node and find myself hardly using the FNM skill due to it being clunky and me not being super tanky while running around dropping the mines (though the damage from them is amazing and I love the effect)

At this point I'm almost ready to forget FNM and use the build as a template for fire trapper. I don't see any trap builds and I'm wondering why (do they scale terribly?)

I'm still low level, but I'm looking at the FNM set up and wondering how it all goes from clunky run/drop/detonate into something that plays smooth where I'm not standing there tanking everything before detonation...with fire trap I can play a more cautious HC viable game and thus far (act2) everything pretty much dies instantly from the trap or walking through the ground effect.

I'm sure this is too wordy for anyone to read and respond but id like a little feedback on fire trap, and what exactly is going to make FNM less of a clunky 3 step process in a game where I can potentially die in one shot vs dropping a trap and not getting touched....why are there no fire trap builds, will your template more or less suit fire trap instead of FNM, what differences would going fire trap involve and when/what would make FNM less of a clunky risk in HC.

I haven't played a Fire Trap build yet, but friends have and they tell me Fire Trap is really shitty in endgame, it doesn't scale so well. If you use decoy totem before laying down the mines, you won't have to tank any damage. But if you feel that you hate the mechanic itself, it's probably better to find a new build. Mines are not for everyones playstyle. You should just know that it gets smoother and smoother with ascendancies and points in the skill tree , via less delay while rearming mines and laying them down.

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Managed to grab a sweet weapon!

Thats a sick Weapon ! Grats bro !

"
Normanobot wrote:

Loving the build as i posted before. What do you think of my gear Kiko? It's just a startup gear for early maps.

Your Gear is awesome , I loved playing with that helmet. The boots are incredible cheap. I think they cost like 2-3c which blows my mind since they are so good. I can imagine your life is pretty low, seeing your rings and your belt. You should try to focus on max life on every rare since you are using so many uniques. Once you get enough life on your yellow stuff , you should try to get a shield with crit, I guess you are not crit yet, but once you switch to crit , you need crit on weapon and shield.

"
Cool build, as a new player Im running this in HC and doing well. (70 atm)

I have a question regarding sustain to spam mines.. I plan to go acrobatics and will rely on mana instead of blood magic.

How can I sustain these 120+ mana mines on bosses.. Vaal clarity does the job well on maps but during Act bosses I run into mana issues all the time and it will probably get worse.

Do i just need to invest into alot of mana regen or is there some nifty way to do this without blood magic ? Or is there some way to get mana leech .. tried warlords mark but it seemed bad.

Even if you go acrobatics , I would still go for the covenant chest. It's just way to convenient to run this build on life and get rid of all your mana problems. However I can understand that the covenant sucks since you probably wanna go full evasion and chest could give you tons of evasion.
So if you wanna play it on Mana , go for Eldritch Batter (ES -> Mana), Zealot's Oath (Life regen -> ES regen) and use a Stone golem for extra Life aka ES aka Mana Reg .

I played that way to 95 in HC and it worked out fine. You also have to use Vaal Clarity.
In the end I would really recommend you to use the covenant. You have to spend way too many points in the tree to run it on Mana.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 8, 2017, 7:46:57 AM
KikosLive, why do we have to use Vaal clarity instead of normal one? It seems to me normal is more practical, esp. on bosses. No?
"
Even if you go acrobatics , I would still go for the covenant chest. It's just way to convenient to run this build on life and get rid of all your mana problems. However I can understand that the covenant sucks since you probably wanna go full evasion and chest could give you tons of evasion.
So if you wanna play it on Mana , go for Eldritch Batter (ES -> Mana), Zealot's Oath (Life regen -> ES regen) and use a Stone golem for extra Life aka ES aka Mana Reg .

I played that way to 95 in HC and it worked out fine. You also have to use Vaal Clarity.
In the end I would really recommend you to use the covenant. You have to spend way too many points in the tree to run it on Mana.

Interesting I kinda like that approach.... quick question when you say "too many points in the tree" .. to skill both Zealots oath and Eldrich battery is a total of 5 points -- is that too much in PoE terms cuz those 5 points can be used to access other things like jewels etc ?
"
"

Interesting I kinda like that approach.... quick question when you say "too many points in the tree" .. to skill both Zealots oath and Eldrich battery is a total of 5 points -- is that too much in PoE terms cuz those 5 points can be used to access other things like jewels etc ?

Yes, and Jewels come into play once you reach lvl 96 + which is a long way to go. Spending points on Mana Management just sucks in general.

"
Azimuthus wrote:
KikosLive, why do we have to use Vaal clarity instead of normal one? It seems to me normal is more practical, esp. on bosses. No?

As soon as you go Blood Magic (covenant chest) , clarity doesn't do anything for you, while Vaal Clarity lets you cast for free for about 15-18 seconds.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 8, 2017, 1:31:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info