[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Can you check out my character and let me know where to get upgrades and such ? Character is RuinnzzHCL
Last edited by ryanruiner on Mar 7, 2017, 7:24:29 PM
how should i upgrade my items ? can i go crit without the ring ?
Last edited by trigger31 on Mar 7, 2017, 9:40:18 PM
Okay, I got the reason for the power charge investment but, since we don't do the damage directly ourselves, how do we gain and sustain them? Afaik, assassin's passives would end up giving the power charge (10% on CRIT hits) to the mine since it is the one dealing the damage?

Edit: Disregard the previous stuff. I just went through the FAQ. I did not know it even existed until you mentioned it. (I can be dumb sometimes xD) All my questions have been answered now. TY
Last edited by ultra_super_hyper on Mar 7, 2017, 10:53:57 PM
Would you recommend using the Berek's Pass ring? found one yesterday but I also need room for doedre's damning or spec into whispers of doom right?
"
ryanruiner wrote:
Can you check out my character and let me know where to get upgrades and such ? Character is RuinnzzHCL

Ok, there is a lot of room for improvements on your gear, as you probably know yourself. You could get about 320 more life on your gear - you must feel squishy as fuck right now.

Your weapon is also really suboptimal. You can use a dagger, that's fine, but you really want a weapon with elementel damage to spells and attack speed if possible. That would be a huge upgrade.

Your movement is probably pretty slow right now. Faster attacks doesn't do anything for flame dash.
So if you get a dagger flame dash is a good replacement for leap slame to get over obsticles, but I would still use shield charge + faster attacks + fortify as my main movement setup.

Feel free to check out my links, I posted my characters gear on page one.

"
trigger31 wrote:
how should i upgrade my items ? can i go crit without the ring ?

So you could get the windscream boots with +1 to curses or you just keep whispers of doom in the tree but then you don't save 5 points and have to go crit 5 levels later. You are also not using the covenant chest, so you play pretty much the old version of this build, which is ok, but I see no chance going crit then. Since you also have to spend points on Eldritch Battery and Zealots Oath.

If you wanna go crit I highly recommend you to use covenant + doedres damning/windscream

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Would you recommend using the Berek's Pass ring? found one yesterday but I also need room for doedre's damning or spec into whispers of doom right?

Berek'S pass is ok, maybe I would use it in softcore , but probably not - while it has nice damage stats, it has no life and a very low amount of res. You can use doedre's or the windscream boots, whatever you prefer.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 8, 2017, 1:48:04 AM
Some random comment I want to throw out, at level 41 Nycta's Lantern Crystal Sceptre is so overpowered for this build. It adds level 10 fire pen, +2 fire skills and added fire dmg to socketed skills. Im fairly certain they added the +2 fire skills recently but it out performed my covenant until passed merc dried lake.
"
Phyzix wrote:
Some random comment I want to throw out, at level 41 Nycta's Lantern Crystal Sceptre is so overpowered for this build. It adds level 10 fire pen, +2 fire skills and added fire dmg to socketed skills. Im fairly certain they added the +2 fire skills recently but it out performed my covenant until passed merc dried lake.

Yes but blood magic from covenant is a too good QoL improvement ..
Hey kikos, how much life and es do you have at lvl 77? This is my first hybrid character, not sure if I feel comfortable with 3600 life and 1400 es at lvl 69.

Also I saw an old reddit post about Voll's Vision granting life regen even in no regen maps, can you confirm this?
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Hey kikos, how much life and es do you have at lvl 77? This is my first hybrid character, not sure if I feel comfortable with 3600 life and 1400 es at lvl 69.

Also I saw an old reddit post about Voll's Vision granting life regen even in no regen maps, can you confirm this?

I am at 4970 life and 1360 ES atm. I don't feel squishy.

Didn't know that about voll's vision, unfortunately the "no reg" mod can only be rolled on yellow and red maps, and my map drops have been abysmal so far, so cant really test it.

EDIT: I just tested it, doesn't work. No regen mod = no regen at all.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 8, 2017, 6:48:55 AM
Guys I just noticed that I didn't explain one core mechanic in my guide, since I am so used to do it with every build automatically - PRESS SHIFT WHENEVER YOU LAY DOWN A MINE ! It makes you not run but lay it down immediately. Build would feel unplayable without doing so

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info