[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
Is a pretty nice build.

I did my own variation of the build to start off LHC this league, ended up going CI and felt just fine at 8.6k ES.

Its a pretty reliable build, i mainly picked it because I hadn't played FNM before. The build is definitely more fun than FB Totems as a league starter, but, even after playing this extensively as a league starter, even up to T10s, FB totems just outperform in the safety category, which can let you do big money things early like breach bosses.

My planned CI tree is here. Bandits i chose were free, free, Alira. Prior to going CI, I was using the Covenant as a noncrit version on a 5L. I ran hybrid with around 4.8k HP 2k ES, prior to hybrid i was MoM and i used a dedicated ameythst flask for maps.

I was going to optimize this further by using intuitive leap to grab the MoM mana nodes so mana wasn't as much of an issue, as well as the deflection node in order to put some points elsewhere, likely ES so i could clear 10k.

To any new players, keep in mind with this build because it is a mine/trap build, positioning is crucial lategame.

Very nice build, very nice idea, I'll definitely try this again in the future and maybe go further than 86, but for now, time to retire my character to go into the meme vaal spark.

How fast does your energy shield recharge after getting hit? I have seen some CI builds that face tank and recharge without leaving combat. Your characters aren't visible I would be interested in your gear before considering using this tree. If someone could post a screenshot or list their life/energy shield totals for the crit with convenant and doedre's build while wearing voll's vision it would be appreciated.
I was wondering if fire damage leeched as life scales with this build. If so Could using Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt be an option?

also can you check out my build and let me know if you would switch anything up?

the account is ring_of_fire
Hello

Breach is my first ever league so my game knowledge is not that great. I am currently just level 51 and am having a blast levling this build. I am using it with some minor variations which I find more comfortable.
My question is, what are the points of the power charges invested in both for the merc bandits as well as in the ascendancy tree?
Secondly, what are your thoughts on using a consuming dark for consuming the fire damage to chaos?
Also, the covenant is super cheap as not many people use it for some ungodly reason and is suited perfectly for the build as well :D

I can run T3 maps, whats my problem? -_-
you are using in ur 5L controlled destrcution over mine and trap support ? the guide says you prefer mine and trap support as 5L, does it change for any reason ?
"
Hello

Breach is my first ever league so my game knowledge is not that great. I am currently just level 51 and am having a blast levling this build. I am using it with some minor variations which I find more comfortable.
My question is, what are the points of the power charges invested in both for the merc bandits as well as in the ascendancy tree?
Secondly, what are your thoughts on using a consuming dark for consuming the fire damage to chaos?
Also, the covenant is super cheap as not many people use it for some ungodly reason and is suited perfectly for the build as well :D

Power charges give extra spell damage and crit chance per charge active.

He has answered the consuming dark question on the FAQ on the front page, basically it doesn't offer as much as a rare item can give, there's no use for the Chaos damage as we have no problem with reflect already.
"
NuBee wrote:
I was wondering if fire damage leeched as life scales with this build. If so Could using Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt be an option?

also can you check out my build and let me know if you would switch anything up?

the account is ring_of_fire

You can NOT leech from traps or mines, so Doryani's Invitation is not much use.
Last edited by dRawJ on Mar 7, 2017, 5:02:36 PM
"
Ruination1337 wrote:
you are using in ur 5L controlled destrcution over mine and trap support ? the guide says you prefer mine and trap support as 5L, does it change for any reason ?

He used controlled destruction in his previous league build, which was non-crit. So controlled destruction added more spell damage with having the downside of lowering his crit chance. This league he has gone crit FNM so controlled destruction doesn't hold as much value as it did in his old build; that's why he uses mine and trap support instead, it simply gives more damage.
"
qww177 wrote:
I can run T3 maps, whats my problem? -_-

Your build has a lot of problems, mainly not enough crit chance on your items. You barely have any % fire damage. You have weapon elemental damage on some items which does not affect the damage of FNM as elemental damage to weapons only affects on-hit skills (mainly melee skills). Generally your items are very poor, you don't have enough elemental resistance to be doing maps really, so its not surprising you're struggling.

Im currently doing tier 7 and 8 maps with quite poor gear, take a look at my profile ( character is called JustForStarters), and doing just fine.
Last edited by dRawJ on Mar 7, 2017, 5:04:46 PM
Hey thank you dRawJ , perfect answers there. You saved me a lot of time :o)
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 7, 2017, 5:10:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info