Scorching Ray

trivialize pvp, broken dot skill.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Duration scaling is a lot more effective than cast speed. 2.85 duration SR require 40% cast speed (available from items and jewels), while 1.5sec needs 167% cast speed (that means you have to grab every single cast speed node on the tree).

Ray refreshes all stacks on reapplication, you don't need any Duration whatsoever. :/
The only skill people ever seem to want to use, and it makes Incinerate pretty much useless in comparison.

R.I.P. build diversity
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
i am useing scorching ray with "cast while channeling" to sumon my "raging spirits" and have a minion based build with my witch all my minions supported by added fire damage gem. i have taken the passive tree ability "spirital aid" with as many increased minion damage pasives as i could get.

just a few questions for this skill, are my minions benifiting from the fire debuff from scorching ray?

is my scorching ray damage inceased by my spirital aid passive, cos i just cant see it?

and dose my "flamibility" curse stack with my scorching ray?
The skill damage scaling feels wrong.
Let's say I don't want to use RF nor Pain Attunement, even with 1180% increased SR damage from tree and gear, lvl 28 SR (6l +1 Diala's) 0.21sec cast time, Prolonged Pain (trickster) Herald of Ash etc. The single target damage feels not sufficient at t15+.

For the amount of investments almost any self cast spell would had three times more non-crit dps.

Full-scaled self-cast SR (w/o RF) is not an endgame skill.
Having 123k tooltip dps, 920k sheet dps vs shaper, the skill feels ok-ish only until T14.

The skill leaves a very bad impression if used on predictive network mode at 130+ms latency.

It would be nice to have a visual indication of 'the target has 8-stages debuff', some kind of black smoky trail or fiery sparks around.

If you ever going to rework EE - the skill will need a huge buff to base damage.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 31, 2018, 11:08:00 AM
Please make a Harbinger (blue) Scorching Ray MTX. It will just look majestic with the new Harbinger Righteous Fire. Let us look like Goku and make our dreams come true.
What does "Exposure" do? it's not explained anywhere, it just says Now applies Fire Exposure at maximum stacks. is it the same? also i feel like this is a nerf :(
Last edited by Ictherion on Mar 6, 2019, 4:19:49 PM
For how long does Fire Exposure last?
"
Ictherion wrote:
What does "Exposure" do? it's not explained anywhere, it just says Now applies Fire Exposure at maximum stacks. is it the same? also i feel like this is a nerf :(

This was explained when they announced the change.
exposure is a flat -25%(?) resistance to the element. This is a slight nerf because previously it would also be applied by the single stacks from the skill, thus you would profit from a lower -res with less stacks. However, the change is needed, because there are now other skills in game which reduce resistances and they should not stack with scorching ray.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:

However, the change is needed, because there are now other skills in game which reduce resistances and they should not stack with scorching ray.

Just turning resistance reduce into the "Exposure" thing would be sufficient as a prevention of stacking, since a target can only have maximum of one exposure of each element at a time.
But making SR apply the debuff only at full stacks, why? Especially where all other skills with exposure do that just in one hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info