Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

one playthrough is more than enough for me, but this is a step in the right direction. gg
Adding more content to the core game to make it shorter :D
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
Am I the only one who likes going through the acts better than maps? Personally I'd even like a fourth difficulty even if there are no quest rewards.
"
faerwin wrote:
How is that gonna affect rewards, namely skill points and bandits?

I think every point you got in cruel gets pushed to act 5. and/or spread out between the acts.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Sep 27, 2016, 2:15:25 AM
I'm really curious where they're going to put all of the Cruel content that we love. I know most don't like playing through the game 3 times, but think about all this, and where it's going to go:

Cruel Bandits (and the four possible rewards)
Cruel Skill Points
Cruel Passive Reset Points
Cruel Labyrinth Ascendancy Points

The skill points and passive reset points can be moved into Act 5 or split between the two difficulties, but one of the possible 8 points is locked behind Cruel Bandits. Where are they going to go? Where are the other Cruel Bandit rewards going to go?

Will we have legacy characters that have access to Cruel Bandit rewards from the past that new characters cannot acquire? Or will GGG reset that quest and remove its rewards from all characters on the server?

And what about Cruel Labyrinth? I know GGG can easily move the two Ascenscion points provided by it into Normal and Merciless, each providing 3 instead of 2 now (which I'm sure Scions would love) but there's a unique jewel gated behind Cruel that can only be acquired by being #1 on the Cruel Labyrinth Ladder.

Is that jewel become Legacy? Will it just no longer drop, with Cruel's removal? It would be unfair to reward one difficulty with 2 unique jewels. Will both difficulties now acquire 2 unique jewels?

GGG please. More info. Removal of Cruel is fine by me. But this manifesto leaves too many questions unanswered for me. I hope there is an addendum soon to explain what will occur.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Sep 27, 2016, 2:37:04 AM
More content and no cruel! The game just keeps getting better.
Ok, so we will do two playthroughs of quest content instead of three. Slightly better, but the system will conceptually still remain the same as now.

Maybe it would be better to find a way to remove this outdated content repetition and have just one quest line + endgame. I'd love something like "experienced" mode, where difficulty between Acts jumps in wider margins, but the player has to do just one play through of quest content, even tho he'd need to grind the previous Act longer, to be able to take on the next one.

All of the quest rewards, bandits, Lab, could be done in special side zones of appropriate level.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
No cruel -> we'll lose 10-15 lvls at least.

Merc Dominus - reeep!
Merc Docks - reeep!
Merc Dried Lake - reeep!
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
Oh maaann !!
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Sep 27, 2016, 2:51:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info