Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

I think that eventually, once there are no Difficulties, they'll just scale the Resistance per Act probably.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
This is pretty much the best news I've heard about 2017.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Nice xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
For clarification, you plan to reduce the amount of total acts, upon release of Act 5 that we have to complete down to 10 instead of 15. Presumably this means removal of a difficulty entirely, and I assume cruel. Is this the case as really merciless and cruel are the only 2 i could see being removed. But currently if we were to jump from normal to merciless the jump in player knowledge required for character progression is vast, probably to much for new players.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Thank goodness
Oblivious
Big thanks to you for shortening that annoying 3 difficulties. It was really boring for me to grind through 3 same-looking difficulties. As it was mentioned before, making some of that deja vu thing would be great. Also I hope that there will be no only 'meta' skills that can keep up with high-end content.
Spoiler
Yeah, pls buff another skills or slightly nerf current meta. PLS PLS PLS
My concern is not only how this affects the bandit quest in the form of skill points. The bandits quests as far as rewards. Helping Oak in Cruel is very useful for physical damage builds with his increase to physical damage by 16% IIRC. I don't think there are any nodes on the tree that can compensate for that loss. That is unless they plan on making huge changes to the passive skill tree of 3.0.0.

Another concern is how are we gonna be able to get the two ascendancy points that are in Cruel Labyrinth? Are they gonna be distributed by completing Normal a second time? Or will you have to complete Merciless a second time.

There is more than that. You have resistances to consider as well. Going from no penalty to 60% is a huge jump that new players just will not be ready for. This is just one area that will make it harder on new players. All of the other things they will have to learn all from normal to make the jump into merciless could make it harder for new players. Sure those that are vets won't mind at all because they know what they are doing. But the new players might have a brutal experience when the changes occur.

There are so many more questions on how this will impact all areas of the game. So I hope that GGG gets it right for all players. I hope this is not only gonna help those that are the vets of the game, leaving out new blood will hurt this game. So again I hope that GGG gets it done right.
Someone made the suggestion of adding an experience and resistance penalty per new act in a way that scales to 10% exp loss in Act 10 and 60% resistance penalty. I think this is a more probable solution than what I was expecting.

I was expecting they would go Normal for the first 3 acts, Cruel for the next three, and Merciless for the final four, similar to how Descent races work. Perhaps 4/3/3.

Gradual scaling makes more sense to me. Details would be nice. This seems like a placeholder manifesto.
RIP cruel.

bring my regard to ruthless.
finally!

right now i'm ok with two walkthroghts, but third (since the awakening release) became just too much
so
gj ggg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info