[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Made this my first templar recently, leveling was a pain once i got to A8~ and tried to yolorush everything with goldrim/tabula etc and getting stunlocked lmao, got better overtime.

Flameblast feels clunky so i might hop on the GC train, testing setups and leveling for now.

Level 74
4555 Hp
1832 mana (677 unreserved)
128.6 m.regen/sec

GC feels a lot better since my totems get 1shot extremely easy which makes it impossible when theres multiple mobs hitting at the same time. Obviously i'm positioning them somewhere safe and trying to split them sometimes so they don't get blown up at the same time but it's been hard.
Went Sceptre + Shield since i got good ones for cheap.

Gear(updated level 80)

EDIT: Breaches are pretty much impossible atm, totems get 1shot even on white/yellow maps with no damage mods, using GC - Conc - Inc.Crit - Faster Casting - Phys2Light - Spell Totem, extremely frustrating, damage is fine though.
Currently 122% cast speed unbuffed, 167% with Virtue/A.Surge.
Will probably get the totem life+res on Ancestral Bond/Totemic Mastery clusters, 3 points for 35% totem life/26% ele res/10% phys res.

Just finished Uber at level 80 and it was a faceroll!
Last edited by Phosphenez on Nov 6, 2017, 1:19:32 PM
I've been following this guide and I gotta say, this is one of the most interesting builds I have ever played in any ARPG! Good job man and keep it up!
Anyone playing GC variant without Soul Mantle? Got the helm enchant and swapped some stuff around

A bit better but still, nowhere close to freezing map bosses, seems like its not possible to scale damage high enough to freeze up to T15~?

I know Soul Mantle + Kikazaru's/Self Flagelation will give highest possible dps, i'm planning on keeping 6L rare, possibly 6l soul mantle if i really get into it, but use anti-curse flasks.

EDIT : Self flagellation actually doesn't sound that impressive, you're sacrificing 2 rings and 1 jewel for 160% increased assuming you have 8 curses on you all the time, you could get something like triple crit multi jewel and HP + dmg/stats/res rings.

Might even resell the helm since the damage is pretty much the same, and the extra cold isn't enough for the freeze.

Playing around on PoB i'm getting 112k dps per totem(avg hit 51k), 5.5k hp, 898/2355 mana and 240 mregen.
With Soul Mantle i'm getting 180k~ ish, though i don't think PoB is factoring in the totem from the chest.

What do you guys think, would T16/Uber/Shaper be alright with this setup?

PoB link : https://pastebin.com/6NgYy7bG
Level 92 ^

EDIT: Removed the Blast Radius cluster, 4 points for 30% damage and 1 radius seems pretty bad, gave me points for 3x totem life/res and 5% hp, much better now!
1 radius is not even noticeable, and 30% damage isn't much, there's better options if you wanna go full damage, like grabbing Will of Blades/Fangs of the Viper, total of 56% phys, 20% crit, 5% move and 20 dexterity, also gets you closer to Blood Drinker/Nullification in case you wanna spec that.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Nov 8, 2017, 10:44:35 AM
@phosphenez I think your Soul Mantle setup will have a better chance to beat Guardians/Shaper. My gauge of beating Shaper without too many vortices on the ground is 500k Shaper dps in POB.
"
Roirraw wrote:
@phosphenez I think your Soul Mantle setup will have a better chance to beat Guardians/Shaper. My gauge of beating Shaper without too many vortices on the ground is 500k Shaper dps in POB.

Definitely, getting the 7L from Soul Mantle, 1 extra totem AND 50% totem life is HUGE.
Ended up getting to 91 and just gave up on the build though :(
Hi I'm level 51 and I've been able to get to act 6 with this build without much trouble but I'm wondering now if I've geared him wrong and/or if I really need to drop Tabula Rasa as I'm just getting shredded like paper if the mobs manage to get past the totems and take a few swings at me. This is my first character so not super certain of what to do. The random gems in the gear are just to level them in case I need to use them later on.

As for passives I've got Righteous Providence so far for Ascendancy Class points and:

Amplify, Ancestral Bond, Purity of Flesh, Mind of Matter, Inspiration, Discipline and Training, Retribution, Arcane Potency, Shamanistic Fury, Shaman's Dominion, Occultist's Dominion, Heart and Soul, Deep Wisdom, Annihilation, and Blast Radius.

I think my totems with Lightning Golem have about 110% cast speed, close to 40% crit chance and 257% crit dmg modifier.

Last edited by SaviorIndra on Nov 17, 2017, 10:15:09 AM
"
SaviorIndra wrote:
Hi I'm level 51 and I've been able to get to act 6 with this build without much trouble but I'm wondering now if I've geared him wrong and/or if I really need to drop Tabula Rasa as I'm just getting shredded like paper if the mobs manage to get past the totems and take a few swings at me. This is my first character so not super certain of what to do. The random gems in the gear are just to level them in case I need to use them later on.

As for passives I've got Righteous Providence so far for Ascendancy Class points and:

Amplify, Ancestral Bond, Purity of Flesh, Mind of Matter, Inspiration, Discipline and Training, Retribution, Arcane Potency, Shamanistic Fury, Shaman's Dominion, Occultist's Dominion, Heart and Soul, Deep Wisdom, Annihilation, and Blast Radius.

I think my totems with Lightning Golem have about 110% cast speed, close to 40% crit chance and 257% crit dmg modifier.

After A5/A6 or level 50~ you'll want to look into rare gear, most endgame gear will be level 48-68, priorities are capped res and life always, so you can look into replacing the helm/boots/gloves/amulet first, the rings have cast speed and res which is nice, but no life, nor the shield, i'd recommend trying a 5L chest with hp/res as well, you'll lose some damage but it should be plenty even when you get to maps, survivability first!

Also if you can find a nice Sceptre, you could then use Shield Charge for better mobility, which should save you as well!
is this build still viable in 3.0?
if there isnt any nerf, can it still be a good league starter in 3.1?
Hi, nice build! I've been in totems build since i had like 300 hour in game, now i have 1000, still loving totens. Got to level 87 @ turmoil race and died to a stupid boss, managed to get a 6L spider silk but no kikazaru in HC SSF. Gonna try your build in the next race, cant wait!
"
Achnod wrote:
is this build still viable in 3.0?
if there isnt any nerf, can it still be a good league starter in 3.1?

My experience is it is still viable in 3.0. I am using the crit FB version of this build in Harbinger and able to beat all Guardians, Shaper, and Vaal Temple bosses, deathless sometimes.

It will still be an excellent league starter in 3.1 if the nerf hammer is not hitting us and if you like the totem play style. FB totem has been one of the top league starters at least for the last few leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info