[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

This is my take on the GC version and my tree is in my profile if anyone wants to see. I'm no authority on this game but I did 2 100's last league and have put some good time in. This is some stupid life regen hyrbidish MoM build and will probably try the Consecrated Ground ascend when I have more DPS gear. I'm gonna respec out of Deep Thoughts, the 2 4% chaos res 4% life nodes, and the 2 templar/marauder area regen nodes to go down to Warrior's Blood when I get one more lvl. Also if I could get a better ring with good dex or use a different amulet with some dmg/life/res mods then I could drop the 3 points for Agility and Precicion temp dex trash nodes. Could probably work in Mutewind Boots then also and I'll have enough res to use my cute lil belt I bought for 1c and corrupted today.

I thought about Voidbringers a bit with fully lvld Arcane Surge but didn't seem worth it. I'd like to incorporate Mutewind Whispersteps into my GC build but don't have the resistances yet as I'm just tooling about with shit gear. I've tried a few different things and setups. Haven't tried Elemental Focus yet though. Herald of Ice felt nice for the clear but used too much mana (especially when I had it linked with Inc Crit and PCoC) with Essence Worm ring so I dropped that. I found no need to use Inc AOE gem. Controlled Dist normally, Conc Efect if need more DPS but I hate gem switching so usually rather just wait a few more seconds.

When I have enough strength probably use this belt or at least try it out:

When catarina is high enough for spell dmg try this out instead

Could probably get a better scepter or dagger but I hate trading.
Last edited by Glencairn on Aug 9, 2017, 8:54:11 PM
"
Glencairn wrote:

Thanks for this ring idea, this will work well with my Anger, while freeing up a ton of mana for MoM. Now to figure out where to make up the resistances I'm going to lose, might have to drop my hrimnors :( Don't really want to lose the chill\freeze invulnerability though.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Aug 9, 2017, 7:38:17 PM
Hi,

If I did follow this build, is it complicated to switch from Flameblast co GC? Does tallent points fits well or should I make new char to make GC build? Thx
Are you able to do tier 13+ w/ Shaper? I'm using this guys build and some people are just impossible.
Hi,
I'm using GC version of this build and I've got a few pieces of mind to share.
1) The Soul Mantle. It gives you everything you need: increased elemental damage, additional totem, allows you to literally 7-gem and that additional gem can add quite a load of damage. I'm using curse immunity Diamond flask, because you must spam it anyway.
2) There is an Elemental Focus gem in original build and I think it's very bad for GC build: remember, all your damage is cold and lightning, and it's almost all the time crits. Cold crits freeze and shatter corpses - that is extremely helpful VS revivers and those spike-exploding mobs, lightning crit - 100% shocked state, so at best you get additional 50% increased damage against shocked mobs, which is massive. Furthermore, it allows you to use gems like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Omen_on_the_Winds which adds a flat(!) 20% damage against chilled enemies. So, I don't think that damage bonus from Elemental Focus is better than having no elemental Ailments(correct me if I'm wrong).
3) Spell echo. I still don't know what's better - Increased Critical Damage or Spell Echo, needs some testing. SE looks nice and works great with GC, it's like you're having 6 totems(with Soul Mantle). Tooltip DPS is significantly lower with it than with Increased Critical Damage though. Citical damage gem will give you ~20-25% overall damage increase.

I'm lvl 76 at the moment, with most of gems at lvl 17-18 and 0% quality, and 5-linked Soul Mantle. Totems are destroying everything on low lvl maps, still didn't get any mid-high tier, will see how this build does there.
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,
1) The Soul Mantle. It gives you everything you need: increased elemental damage, additional totem, allows you to literally 7-gem and that additional gem can add quite a load of damage. I'm using curse immunity Diamond flask, because you must spam it anyway.
2) There is an Elemental Focus gem in original build and I think it's very bad for GC build: remember, all your damage is cold and lightning, and it's almost all the time crits. Cold crits freeze and shatter corpses - that is extremely helpful VS revivers and those spike-exploding mobs, lightning crit - 100% shocked state, so at best you get additional 50% increased damage against shocked mobs, which is massive. Furthermore, it allows you to use gems like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Omen_on_the_Winds which adds a flat(!) 20% damage against chilled enemies. So, I don't think that damage bonus from Elemental Focus is better than having no elemental Ailments(correct me if I'm wrong).
3) Spell echo. I still don't know what's better - Increased Critical Damage or Spell Echo, needs some testing. SE looks nice and works great with GC, it's like you're having 6 totems(with Soul Mantle). Tooltip DPS is significantly lower with it than with Increased Critical Damage though. Citical damage gem will give you ~20-25% overall damage increase.

I'm lvl 76 at the moment, with most of gems at lvl 17-18 and 0% quality, and 5-linked Soul Mantle. Totems are destroying everything on low lvl maps, still didn't get any mid-high tier, will see how this build does there.

Hi, are you playing on hc?

Do you have any issues with survivability?
"
Zer0Coo1_ wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,

Me and my friend started with this build currently level 79 using FB mostly and sometimes GC for fast clear like in Lab, Survivability issues are real at tier 8+ rare maps you can just get 1-2 shot easily and breaches are almost impossible you get swarmed and killed way too fast while FB charges...or GC kills(lower damage) so i must say this build is kinda squishy but damage is insane.
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,

Swapping elemental focus for critical strike damage is right. I actually feel like doing more damage because of high crit chance(+ assasin's mark on top of that).
What gems do you suggest instead of Elemental Focus , assuming you have a 6L, in order of power per skill ? What about a "7L", with a 6L Soul Mantle ?
"
Zer0Coo1_ wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing on normal, but I don't have any big issues still.
You don't need survivability if you 1-hit everything :)
Jokes aside, this build IS something like glass cannon, so I'm trying to put everything in damage(but capping resists is still mandatory). And playing glass cannon is not the thing you do on HC. But here's an idea for HC: you can use Soul Mantle and decoy totem with Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support + Increased AOE + Increased duration, put some passives into totem health and resists, maybe get enchant that increases Decoy Totem life and you get a SUPER fat totem that will tank all damage for you while 2 other totems destroys everything.
Last edited by alex_disp on Aug 10, 2017, 5:31:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info