[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Alpropos wrote:
Hey everyone

I could really use some help.

I'm currently lvl 86. My dps seems ok still. But i have a lot of moments where i just get one shotted by a lot of various things.

Spiders with crit mod one shot me in T8 maps.
Normal mob packs that get my shield down pretty much instant (i'm life build, but it matters)

Mapping is still somewhat new to me so i'm not really experienced with all the mods and the potential leathal combo's it might provide to the monsters.

1st question: What kind of mod stacking should I avoid as a life based pizza delivery boy?

I know 0 regeneration is just asking for trouble so i useally reroll these pretty instant.
I also tend to avoid monster +movement speed, cast speed, crit chance/multi combo.

2nd question: How can I improve my health pool?

I'm sitting at roughly 5k hp / 1.6k es right now.
There's not much for sale on poe.trade that offers me really great boosts on my healthpool, or they cost a fortune to get. Is this a normal trend for life based builds? I have about 3 exalts worth of currency.

Maybe I should switch to CI? I have a lot of regrets stacked up and still all my passive refunds left.

3rd question: How important is damage reduction for life based pizza blaster?

I'm pretty sure one reason i'm taking big hits is because i'm dual wielding daggers. But what about dmg reduction? I have only 9% right now. Even changing to full armor gear would only get me to 15-20%
and i would have to add str to equip it somehow.

Maybe my gear is just bad in general?

dps: 2.7k buffed without charges / 3.1k buffed, 4 charges
Cast speed: 180/200%
Crit chance: 56% no charges / 70% 4 charges
Hp: 4947
Es: 1645
Armor: 1182
Dmg reduction: 9%

Spoiler

Im lv81
3.3k hp
1.1k es
Capped res
No evasion/block/armour,still using tabula
Unbuffed dmg 6L with inc aoe i think is 3~3.2k,cant watch atm
Did some t10 just fine (if not considering deaths due to 1~5 fps and 1k ms lagspikes)
You shouldnt have many problems. Yes,mobs can 1hit you,but... Dont let them hit you? You are a totem user,you can just drop a totem max range,orb of storm and whirl the fck out if something is coming

Edit. About reduction,use flasks.
I've a magic basalt that gives me around 9k armour with another one that has +x% inc armour,you can also use the flask that gives you 20% reduced dmg taken
Last edited by sieg_hart on Mar 28, 2017, 9:56:50 AM
Thank you guys for your reply. As I play SSF, my gear sucks & health is a bit low (about 4.5k). I 1-shot most pack, but sometimes, I also got one shotted. I was thinking to trade some of the damage to my health.

"
Nuhanzer wrote:
"
I understand that this is a crit version. Has any tried (or have any thought on) a non-crit version? Will it be more tanky?

Thanks

Well, if you want to sacrifice some dmg but not too much, get yourself shaper seed+vitality and spec into growth and decay for about 5% es regen with zealot oath. Enough to just walk through lab trap and not die and give yourself some insurance to run away. I am doing that tree right now. Only left growth and decay.
What the heck kind of armor should I look for if I'm going MoM in hardcore. Do I go for armor+es items? Idk how to sustain MoM. Armor seems useless to me seeing as there aren't any nodes in this build for it.
Last edited by Phaesol on Mar 28, 2017, 10:46:00 PM
Hi guys,

just arrived in merciless, currently playing life based version.

I'm would like to invest in a cheap 6L body armor. What do you recommend ?

- Buy a tabula
- Buy emperor of purity cards ? to have a 6L armor / es armor base ?
- Another idea ?

Thanks for you reply
You can easily finish merc andgo into maps with tabula,im 82 and doing t8/9 fine (still didnt get anything higher,bought a baazar,corrupted it and did fine with boss room containing invasion+perandus...on the other hand i got fck'd pretty hard in a t7 boss room with perandus,invasion,warband,couldnt even enter the fckin room)
Tried uber lab few lvls ago,but died at second boss because i stopped to cast totems right when he was jumping at me + didnt have any defensive pots,just hp and silver,nor cwdt setup
So your choice based on how much you want to spend. Idk about cards price,but ofc a random 6L is betterr than a tabula stats-wise
Last edited by sieg_hart on Mar 29, 2017, 7:06:24 AM
So I strayed from the build somewhat in the earlier levels, and went south on the passive tree, getting the other nearby totem passives.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvA3UFQgmqC2EQzBEtEVAYXRslHRQgbiL0JNgqEyu2LJwy0TW5NsU8BTwtPO89X0GWRKFFR0uuTLNQMFJTWOVaK1xrXl1fBGSdZp5o8mwLbRl8g3_GgpuDX4PzhEiFbYt6i4yMRo5kj0aP-pMnl5WX9Jo7nWOdrp_fo_KnCKcrp5St8a4SrrOvbLb6wGbAmsHFwxPDbcau0PXR_dWB1abYJNlb2fzbXuL36QLr7uv17BjtPO988h33pviT-d360v6H

Would I be much better served refunding those points used to go south, giving my totems more life/duration/resistance and a little more damage/cast speed, and spending them on something else instead? Getting those and the jewel socket down there took me 10 points, it looks like. I'm working towards CI but want more resistances/ES before I take the node. Currently sitting at level 77, and about 1.1K life, 4.3K ES(buffed with Discipline), but my resistances are pretty bad at the moment and I need to find some better gear for them. I'm not SSF but I'm a real scrooge when it comes to spending my currency so I don't trade much. I'll link my gear if anyone's willing to help me out with that, too.

Spoiler
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
XCaedisX wrote:
So I strayed from the build somewhat in the earlier levels, and went south on the passive tree, getting the other nearby totem passives.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvA3UFQgmqC2EQzBEtEVAYXRslHRQgbiL0JNgqEyu2LJwy0TW5NsU8BTwtPO89X0GWRKFFR0uuTLNQMFJTWOVaK1xrXl1fBGSdZp5o8mwLbRl8g3_GgpuDX4PzhEiFbYt6i4yMRo5kj0aP-pMnl5WX9Jo7nWOdrp_fo_KnCKcrp5St8a4SrrOvbLb6wGbAmsHFwxPDbcau0PXR_dWB1abYJNlb2fzbXuL36QLr7uv17BjtPO988h33pviT-d360v6H

Would I be much better served refunding those points used to go south, giving my totems more life/duration/resistance and a little more damage/cast speed, and spending them on something else instead? Getting those and the jewel socket down there took me 10 points, it looks like. I'm working towards CI but want more resistances/ES before I take the node. Currently sitting at level 77, and about 1.1K life, 4.3K ES(buffed with Discipline), but my resistances are pretty bad at the moment and I need to find some better gear for them. I'm not SSF but I'm a real scrooge when it comes to spending my currency so I don't trade much. I'll link my gear if anyone's willing to help me out with that, too.

Spoiler

ES is only good with this build if you have lots of it.

I understand that. My gear isn't great at the moment and like I already said, I'm trying to get more ES before I go for CI.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys,

just arrived in merciless, currently playing life based version.

I'm would like to invest in a cheap 6L body armor. What do you recommend ?

- Buy a tabula
- Buy emperor of purity cards ? to have a 6L armor / es armor base ?
- Another idea ?

Thanks for you reply

I would look for a solid 5 link with with armor, high life and some resistances before going for a garbage 6 link tbh. I'm looking at items on Poe.Trade right now and you can find a solid 5 link base for like 5c then just hit it with an essence.

Thanks for you answer. Problem is that only armor base to have 4B1R colors will be hard.
I'll look at armor/es hybrid ones.
Last edited by partyboy79 on Mar 29, 2017, 11:51:24 AM
Hey there,

Love the build so far and great guide. I'm mapping as a CI character and I'm constantly running out of mana, I'm running anger and discipline. By the time I drop one totem I'm almost completely out of mana. I do have 1 elreon ring, should I invest in an enlighten gen lvl 3 or something?
Enlighten lvl 3 and some mana regen on jewellery helps a lot.

edit:

and Voidbringers are noobtrap, avoid it
Last edited by Elua on Mar 29, 2017, 3:45:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info