[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
dam2012 wrote:
So if you go CI and use Eye of Chayula would that make the ring not necessary since you can be stunned now? and the 6L why have increased crit with controlled destruction? doesn't that negate the two?

Well they kind of negate each other, but i still get a lot of extra crit chance from the crit strikes gem and I did not find a better gem to use. I tried to play around with prolif but it did not really seem worth it, not even in breaches, cause the breach risk of dying was always too real. When you have >150% cast speed it does not matter if the totem has to cast twice to kill a pack that would have maybe been completly dead with prolif and prolif takes a huuge junk of you dmg that I would miss in boss fights. Also controlled destruction provides such a crazy amout of extra damage that I would not want to miss either so i made up for it by investing in crit chance even more, thus my helm enchant. In the end i was at 75% crit (w/power charges ofc), which makes for close to 100% crit chance when using diamond flask. And man, those flameblast hit hard.

I will revisit this char later in the league when I can afford a higher es chest, helm and shield and get chaulya amu. Then i will go for totem life on jewels and try to clear everything with it.

For what I have invested in the build, i performed really great. I just got annoyed at my totems dying all the time against certain mob types it was just painfall, while other maps where a breeze.

@Procircus: Upgrade your defences. Get more hp/life on nearly all your item. Also don't run the divinarius. An off hand without cast speed isn't worth it imo. Better go for a shield with high es and crit chance instead or use a high cs dagger. I would also not run 3 life flasks. 1 should be enough. Get a Basalt flask at least.

Don't know if anyone asked this already, but I didn't see it on your recommended gear. How important is chaos resist, I've built my gear based upon having full resists including chaos and as much cast speed as I could get. Should I drop armor and get evasion pieces? I'm also trying to get life on all my pieces as well armor and many is what's left to upgrade to life on them for the gear I have now. I can find awesome gear without chaos resist but it's hard to find good gear with chaos resist for less than 5 chaos per piece
Hello all!
I've continued to ask completely random questions and don't really know what I'm doing with this game other than having fun. I feel like a noob even though I've been playing on and off since Rampage. I really want to progress to end game content(Guardians, uber atziri, shaper.) I know ES is the way to go but I'm really wanting to stay life based if possible. Can you tell me what pieces should be my next focus on upgrades based on my current gear? my survivability is pretty decent at t10 maps where I'm at right now as long as the map mods aren't too crazy. I did Poorjoy's and it was rough though. I'd really appreciate any help people could provide. Thanks in advance!(my profile is public but how do people post their gear in posts?)

Puretotems,
Confused and wanting to succeed
"
Don't know if anyone asked this already, but I didn't see it on your recommended gear. How important is chaos resist, I've built my gear based upon having full resists including chaos and as much cast speed as I could get. Should I drop armor and get evasion pieces? I'm also trying to get life on all my pieces as well armor and many is what's left to upgrade to life on them for the gear I have now. I can find awesome gear without chaos resist but it's hard to find good gear with chaos resist for less than 5 chaos per piece

Amethyst Flask and/or Atziris Flask is what I see alot of people use if they dont go CI
"
NebuKadneZaar wrote:
Can someone give me some tips of how to improve this char? I am Lvl 74 now. Got like 15c or something.

Get life on every piece, that's the biggest thing atm
Hi everyone,
I started this new league from day1 with this pg and progressing very good, apart from some nasty breaches. Dropping 2 totems, using my quicksilver flask and moving away usually do the oneshot thing.
This build seems powerful enough to clear also in party up to 6 people, depending how much cast speed you have (otherwise your party mates are clearing for you).

I would like some hints about my progression so far, what do you think about passive trees and which items to go for the next upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Erdrin/characters

Said that, in my mind my next steps are (until 90):
getting maybe a single +30dex node (probably the one near elemental overload - gems need dex or limited) to drop precision and the attack cast speed accuracy node before, to take instead a cast speed cluster (probably the one with nimbleness) and, when reaching lvl7 on elreon, putting a better ench on both rings (I already have enough str for everything).
Getting another jewel slot, the one to the left of our starting area.
And, reaching 91, completing another cast speed cluster, the one with mental rapidity.

I will also try to find some double/triple cast speed jewel.

Another big hint would be if someone could explain why, going CI, we drop all the cast speed nodes for crit ones.

Thank you,
Erdrin
Last edited by Erdrin on Mar 14, 2017, 9:39:52 AM
Hi, I'd like to know if someone can suggest an improvement (Don't really know where to go now besides better helmet with 40% flameblast dmg and spell crit dagger).
By the way, went for Doryani's since the other guy was using it and it gives a really nice damage boost (sucks a bit having to add 50 str but I think it's worth it till a better dagger is found).

Thanks a lot!

Jewels = 3x (8% ES + Res + 5% Cast)

Hello everyone!
Any advice? What can I improve in this build next? I have 3 more ex.
Last edited by Orizaya on Mar 14, 2017, 1:51:00 PM
"
swiftwilly wrote:

I see you went a little bit away from what the OP has described in his sample gear and gear recommendations. He pretty much said not to get your armour because you are sacrificing too much on the survivability side. Also you went voidbringer too, which further gimps your ES for simply more DPS. He only said to go voidbringer if you are not suffering from survivability.

You really want to be hitting 9k – 10k ES in end game high tier maps at a minimum, and if you look at the example videos the OP has in his link some of the boss videos that player is actually 12k ES.

So at really higher level maps you will suffer greatly from survivability.

I am currently outputting 95k per totem with 9k ES and trying to lift my ES up to 10k, I am having more issues of surviving at higher tier maps (t15) as opposed to issues with my DPS. Some monsters literally can instant kill you with one jump etc.

You are also not running any stun immunity at all (chayula or the ring or skyforths) so you will have a lot of issues later on for sure.

Should really go back to the OP and look at this very first post on his gear samples and gear recommendations.

If you think you don't lack dps, you can just get a dirt cheap 500 ES shield, and be comfortably reaching 12k ES or more. Dual wield weapon on a caster build, is very aggressive/dps focused.
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Mar 14, 2017, 1:52:16 PM
why not both?

the comparison elementalist vs inqusitor is kind of screwed
just go elementalist with 95% crit

62% pen vs 75% pen
you can get elemental proliferation as passive node

but you get huge dmg and cast speed buffs with liege of the primordial, pendulum of destruction and shaper of desolation
what you lose? 30% cast speed, some crit passive nodes and you have to "waste" one support gem with fire penetration

something like this is what i prefer:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAFvA3UFQg_EES0RUBXXFkAYahqBGyUc3B0UIG4i9CoTLJwsvzLRNbk2xTt8PAU9X0GWRUdJUUuuTItMs05tTq5QMFBCUXRSU1M1VEdWY1gHWOVaK1xrXl1fBGaea3psC20ZcFJ4L3yDfOV_xoKbg_OESIV9hq6J04t6jDaMdo5kjxqPRo_6kPqTJ5eVl_SaO5uhnDKdY52un9-hL6Kjo_KlxKaZpr6nCKcrp5SuEq6zsTa2-rcxuMq5k76KwGbBxcMJw23Iv9Af0PXR_dQH1abYJNlb217cjd9t34rfsOL36QLr7uv17BjtPO9L73zv6_DV8h33pvrS
Last edited by axelchen01 on Mar 14, 2017, 2:29:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info