[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"

I only play CI when I have life leech (w/ Ghost reaver) or insane regen through ZO....this seems to have neither.

I just looked at your gear and boy oh boy. Well CI is an obvious choice you take 0 chaos damage and get a huge hp pool to tank stuff with very little downside only have to get stun immunity for higher tier content. Really you can't say I will play someone elses build but it has to fit with all ideas I have about a certain build.

You don't need regen and you don't need leech to play this build. I found regen to be handy but nothing more than QoL and you can still go regen with both ascendancy and talisman amulet or shavs ring. Anyway the price of that will be higher than the 'budget' version.

Well your jewels need to be upgraded. For instance here are mine;

Dual cast speed jewels are mostly cheap <= 5c. But try to get atleast cast speed on each of them > damage.

Your dagger has no cast speed ... your mixing armour and es and not being good at either. This is a bad hybrid setup in any case.

And even with your setup dried lake should be a breeze ... just slow and being slow means being more likely to be killed ...

You're high enough level so just respec into CI and profit ... :)

My gear:

Spoiler

But this is also some upgrades further than the init setup I proposed above :)

Shield + dagger gameplay :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-M61pKeJE
Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 11, 2017, 6:00:03 PM
I am loving this build so far. I'm still only in low maps but I'm really getting into a rhythm with it. I'm playing life-based with dual daggers. I just wanted to say for anyone who is feeling squishy, seriously consider using phase run (level 1, no reason to level it) + increased duration + faster casting. Just pop it after you drop your OOS and totem(s). It gives you 80% reduced visibility to monsters and it's a great way to clear aggro after whirling into a group. It also increased your move speed.
Just getting into really playing PoE and after a failed witch build I abandoned, I decided to try this build/guide.

One question I have is that it says I can start using flameblast totems right away at 28. I'm 31 and picked it up, and while it seems to do ok when it hits, I have trouble with actually getting it to hit. Is the strategy just to tank things and stand there so the totem can target and hit? I tend to drop it and try to kite and then the AoE misses as mobs chase me. Bosses were particularly rough. Not really from a survivability standpoint, but actually getting damage on them.

Not sure if I am just playing it wrong or it's just the lack of much cast speed for it to work well. I have flameblast, totem support, and cast speed supports linked.
Hi, thanks to the OP for the build guide, I'm having a fun time so far. I am playing in the SSF Legacy League so gearing is a pain but I was able to level easily into the 80's playing life/es on a 4 link, DW wands with poor cast speed and dps. I was able clear unided and twined challenges to level 8 just fine but due to SSF my map pool is really poor. Now I'm ES with some better gear.
"
Matuzak wrote:
"
kjdogg wrote:
"
Matuzak wrote:
Essence of Misery:

Where do I get them? I rarely run a map without having an essence league stone equipped and I am near swimming in most essence types, but I have yet to see an Essence of Misery at all!

I'm losing my mind at this point because I have other parts of this build ready to swap to daggers, but I really NEED the cast speed!

Are they a special drop or restricted to certain zones or require selling your soul to satan?

GAH!
you can buy them for about 1c each on poe.trade

I'm playing SSF.

Are these things really that rare?

Yes, or at least my rng is as poor as yours. I finally got my first on using an essence of corruption in a level 8 map, then I got one in a level 9 map but bricked my second enchant.
I am not sure what your guys dps is on your flameblast totem currently mine still feels kind of low. Think just sitting in my hideout im around 2.3k when I have full power stacks its around 3.5k. I had been considering getting a helmet thats like 40% flameblast damage is that worthwhile or will I not notice a big dps change with it?

Quicklink to my character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shadowice0823/characters
hi im going to try this build it looks cool. im not a veteran at poe but i have a question. why use controlled destruction if you get 100% chance not to crit and put all your points into crit nodes. probably a dumb questions but i dont get it
Flask setup for CI version??
"
shadowice0823 wrote:
I am not sure what your guys dps is on your flameblast totem currently mine still feels kind of low. Think just sitting in my hideout im around 2.3k when I have full power stacks its around 3.5k. I had been considering getting a helmet thats like 40% flameblast damage is that worthwhile or will I not notice a big dps change with it?

Quicklink to my character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shadowice0823/characters

Your profile is private.

I had a 40% flameblast earlier, it raised my sheet by around 10%, worth it if you can afford it but its not insane.
How do you guys handle breaches, where you're constantly getting hit, if you're not going the ZO/Pious Path route? I am starting to think the 10% increased cast speed that Instruments of Virtue route grant is nowhere near as good as the sustain we'd get otherwise.
To be honest regen version is far more superior for farming. U ahve so mutch more mana / es sustain i was getting rekt in breaches before i switched , now cheezing them doing unid or crazy rolled maps today will go for shaper prolly. ALso for map farming /breaches Ele prolif all day every day instead of controlled destruction.
thats my gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by sqntektromator on Mar 12, 2017, 8:00:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info