[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

This is a nice league for ED :D

From my experience, red maps are totally doable on 5L with Lv19 gems, but feels bad versus tankier mobs / map opts / incursions.

BotC is garbage for mapping, use it only versus bosses if needed. Rare with spell damage and 20%+ attack/cast speed is way better.
You don't get one shot by boss or red map by running a Tabula?
Last edited by leechbot on Jun 9, 2018, 5:05:53 PM
"
Hi I am piss poor at this time. I am hoping to take this build to red map but I don't have enough currency to do 5 link Perfect from. Would it be viable to do red map with BotC + 5 link Cloak of Defiance or Belly? And do I absolutely need level 20 and max quality gem to do red?

I have been trying cookie cutter builds this league but never seem achieve the same dps as the guide

I am about to start my ED trickster for this league. This will be the fifth league in a row , although in Flashback I went Scion. You should have absolutely no problem doing red maps at least until guardians with a five link rare that has decent life. it is also doable with Tabula, but on some of the damage heavy maps I felt I was dying too much so would always go back to the five link rare. the big difference is you just cannot be as aggressive show charging into packs without the massive evasion or massive health chests. play a bit more carefully.
@Drexl, linking my full setup below. The only thing I would change from this setup is to consider adding Impresence and dual curse. Enemies in t15-16 incursions with health or chaos resistance from map mods are extremely tanky, and Despair would help out a great deal on this.

Mapping setup:

For lab, I run the same setup and also have these two weapons on weapon swap:

For Uber Elder, I swap around my setup quite a bit to get slow immunity and more damage:

EDIT:
A guildie needed an item to double corrupt (same guy who did my Skin of the Loyal), I gave him my BotC. Two for two:

I will do a full writeup on my choices and how everything feels in a few days.

For the rest of the discussion, the core of the build is effectively a cookie cutter ED setup. It does not require anything to function or clear maps up to white/yellow tiers. Past that, you will probably start to feel the need for some defense in order to have a comfortable experience. This is where The Perfect Form comes in and how I choose to gear my character around it. Any other body armour still works, but up until this league I have not had any need to get any more damage into the build to have a good experience with the character.

ED damage starts to fall off and feel weaker around tier 8 or so with a natural progression. Allelopathy helps out a lot here as the gem levels catches up. If you don't like using Blight more during general map clearing, buying a level 21/0 ED is usually a semi budget and quick solution to any DPS problems up until the highest tier red maps.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jun 10, 2018, 8:22:34 AM
can I ask you something?
why increase attack and cast speed?
how much uncapped cold resistance do you have?
Excuse for disturb and GL all :)
Attack speed for faster movement and mapping comfort.
Cast speed for Blight stacking to maintain 20 stacks easier and mapping comfort.
You want as much cold res as possible (sacrificing some for mana regen might still be worth it), I am currently on 130-150% I think.
Thank you very much ;)
Hey man would you say a Atziri's Promise is decent for the last flask or not necessary?
Leech only applies to hits. Since we just hit one target once to kill the entire screen, Atziri's Promise is next to useless. The chaos resistance is nice this league though, so a magic Amethyst Flask could be up for consideration.
Is "Increased Projectile Damage" apply for ED?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info