Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
Blood of the Karui

It's difficult to transtate what it does.
What is the most important about this life flask?

Thanks

It works like a regular life flask, but if you're not at full life by the end of its duration, it sets your life to full anyway.
How does Pillar of the Caged God interact with Vaal Double Strike copies? Do they receive all the bonuses granted by stats from PoTG?

PoB seems to show significantly less damage (about 8 times).
"
Devazi wrote:
Hey there!

I was wondering if there is a cap to the "other effects expire slower" part of Temporal Chains.

The wiki contains no information on this.

Thanks lots!

After having lots of time to test recently I have been able to determine that there is a cap at 75% slower expiration of effects. This translates to a duration increase of x4 (= 300% more duration).
I figured I'll drop a note here in case others might have the same question, and would also love to get official confirmation for my findings.

During testing I have noticed that small bonuses sometimes have no effect, probably due to rounding. Skill gem bonuses and passives seem to be calculated seperately. For example a 'Might of the Meek' socketed next to a 5% curse effect node resulted in no change to the duration (2% curse effect bonus) while a 'Curse on Hit Support' with 4% quality (also 2% curse effect) did.

Conclusion: There is no need for more than ~90% curse effect if one intends to use 'Temporal Chains', as both effects are capped at 75% (and have a base value of 40%, at least at gem level 21 with 20% quality).
"
Devazi wrote:
Spoiler
"
Devazi wrote:
Hey there!

I was wondering if there is a cap to the "other effects expire slower" part of Temporal Chains.

The wiki contains no information on this.

Thanks lots!

After having lots of time to test recently I have been able to determine that there is a cap at 75% slower expiration of effects. This translates to a duration increase of x4 (= 300% more duration).
I figured I'll drop a note here in case others might have the same question, and would also love to get official confirmation for my findings.

During testing I have noticed that small bonuses sometimes have no effect, probably due to rounding. Skill gem bonuses and passives seem to be calculated seperately. For example a 'Might of the Meek' socketed next to a 5% curse effect node resulted in no change to the duration (2% curse effect bonus) while a 'Curse on Hit Support' with 4% quality (also 2% curse effect) did.

Conclusion: There is no need for more than ~90% curse effect if one intends to use 'Temporal Chains', as both effects are capped at 75% (and have a base value of 40%, at least at gem level 21 with 20% quality).

This is wonderful. Thank you.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Hi! I hope this topic isn't dead.
I want to ask you a question about Rampage mechanic. Rampage has several "tiers". After reaching some "tier" - you receive some rampage effect: nova, animated weapons, explosions etc.
What type of damage these "tier effects" have? How much damage they have? Can you affect damage of these effects?
Hey there,

not quite sure about whether this is the right thread or not, anyways my question:

Several forum posts and yt-videos/reddit posts are writing, that IIQ on gear is not increasing the map drop rate within a map. They also claim that the only thing that affects map drops is the IIQ on the map itself.

Although i believe this is true, i can't find any official statement or study on this.

Would someone be so kind and supply me with some verified info on this one?

Thx, stay safe exiles!
IGN Aequlilibrium / ChronicIe / ChronicIIe

Offers will be retracted after 24hours if there is no response.

hi

I have The Vertex, Vaal Mask 258% increased evasion and energy shild and it add to my "default" evasion rating 2000 points
Then I bought mega cool hood (Frostferno, Leather Hood) for 1.5 exalted orb with 486% increased evasion rating and i thought that these 486% will lift up my evasion rating to the heaven. But this hood add to my "default" 3000 just 1000 points of evasion rating.
HOW CAN IT BE??????
Thanks
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Nov 11, 2018, 5:49:07 AM
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
hi

I have The Vertex, Vaal Mask 258% increased evasion and energy shild and it add to my "default" evasion rating 2000 points
Then I bought mega cool hood (Frostferno, Leather Hood) for 1.5 exalted orb with 486% increased evasion rating and i thought that these 486% will lift up my evasion rating to the heaven. But this hood add to my "default" 3000 just 1000 points of evasion rating.
HOW CAN IT BE??????
Thanks

The increased evasion rating modifier is local to the item. Frostferno has a much lower level base, so the increased evasion has a smaller effect.

To compare the base types, a Leather Hood has 101 evasion rating, whereas a Vaal Mask has 207.

You can see the actual evasion rating at the top of the item tooltip.
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
hi

HOW CAN IT BE??????
Thanks

Make sure you go through the in-game help topics at your earliest convenience. IIRC they address this and many other confusing things a new player may encounter. Also:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_affix#Local_and_global_modifiers

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84366#p940702

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
"

"
NemoJr wrote:

Realy thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info