[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

i'm playing an ed trickster at the moment, and was just wondering how you hit that much dps
i got a nearly identical tree and mostly the same items, but i hardly hit 8k tooltip

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/randosaurus/characters
char: LifeXD
"
Randosaurus wrote:
i'm playing an ed trickster at the moment, and was just wondering how you hit that much dps
i got a nearly identical tree and mostly the same items, but i hardly hit 8k tooltip

You are missing some key items. Consuming Dark, a good spell damage shield and Brinerot Whalers.

Plus, you are missing Empower 4 as the 6th link, and you don't have 21/20 corrupted ED.

With all these modifications your DPS should go up quite a bit.

@simakover: you should try to obtain a good Regalia (750+ ES, at least dual resist mod) to try 6linking it. This is the first thing to upgrade imho.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Randosaurus wrote:

You are missing some key items. Consuming Dark, a good spell damage shield and Brinerot Whalers.

Plus, you are missing Empower 4 as the 6th link, and you don't have 21/20 corrupted ED.

@simakover: you should try to obtain a good Regalia (750+ ES, at least dual resist mod) to try 6linking it. This is the first thing to upgrade imho.

i got a consuming, but switched to that rare one because the single target dps is much higher (also it is not shown)
i'm at 8.8k tooltip and 26k dot with consuming dark
i also tried an empower 3, but the total dmg with slower projectiles was higher, so i suppose an empower 4 and slower proj. wont make a big difference. also i like the slow projectiles^^
boots are a thing, but i doubt they make that huge difference
i am currently working on an 21/20 ed but i dont expect my dps to raise more than 1k with that
"
djnat wrote:
"
Randosaurus wrote:

do i need to buy alreafy 6L or craft it myself? people talk that it is very hard 6L BBGGGG vaal regalia

what do you think about this dagger, ignoring the lack of spell power, that 1000 chaos dmg that scales seems pretty good, tested dried lake voll and he died faster than with consuming dark.

Anyone tested it a bit more to confirm it works well?
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:

what do you think about this dagger, ignoring the lack of spell power, that 1000 chaos dmg that scales seems pretty good, tested dried lake voll and he died faster than with consuming dark.

Anyone tested it a bit more to confirm it works well?

currently using this one
i also tested it on volls and uberlab argus and izaro. st dmg is about 3 times higher than consuming dark (considering i need 3 projectiles for argus with consuming, while the above dagger oneshots him. izaro phase 1 ~6 vs 2 projectiles) )

i suppose you miss out poison which is probably spread with contagion, whereas that 1000 chaos dmg only work with the projectile directly hitting an enemy. not sure tho, just my guess

personally i prefer it over consuming, because the dmg spread by contagion is still enough to melt t15 mobs within an eye blink.
Last edited by Randosaurus on Sep 26, 2016, 8:48:10 AM
I've been having quite some fun with this build since the begining of the league.

I'm currently at level 95 with 10.7k ES, 13k ED Dps/36k Dot (Unbuffed) and everything just vanish from the screen after being hit by an ED proj!

Aside from BM maps, everything can be done fairly easily.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAQMeA-4FtQkgDXwOSBB7ES8RUBGWE20UCRXXFr8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdvh9BIuoi9CaIJ6ko-ipbKwospiy_M4c0CjW5N2Y8tkM2SRNJUUmxS65Mg1KvUuxWY1fJWAdcQFxrXfJiWmf8aoxsC20ZbWxw1HSBdZ52gngvefZ85X_GgseESITFhq6Hy4ngjxqPRo_6kNaTH5MnlwaboZu1na6hL6LZo6OnCKcrp5utSrDYtAy00bVItzC4k746vorBxcLswzrDbcSiyAzIFMrTzxXXz9lb2jvbGt-Y5ljndOjW6rrrY-vu7BjviPDV9W_22vfB99f5N_mk-ej7CQ==
CET (@GMT+1)
EDIT:
OK I just ended the minotuar fight.
It took my just under 30 mins I think. Because I died all 6 times on that boss fight. Else it would have taken much longer if I had to get the kill.
Granted I did have +40% life and Enfeeble on the map, but unless there is some mechanic I missed (and I am pretty sure there wasn't 'cause I checked guides), I can't recommend this build if you want to kill the minotaur. It was just ridiculous and very much not fun.
Last edited by sikker on Sep 28, 2016, 11:26:18 AM
I'm running this build this league as well - level 90 now, and still quite some fun.

My gear is getting along slowly but steadily (even if there are still miles to go with my limited playtime), just crafted myself a 6-link chest, now it's up to the details.

One thing I found quite helpful for myself was an alternative leveling setup before I was able to afford my heretics: Alpha's howl plus auras instead of curses. I still use that setup on hexproof maps.

So I run
with AA, Haste and Discipline, and a lvl 2 Enlighten to afford that (though now with the 6-link lvl 3 would come quite in handy). Then I stash the damning and the auxium for some nice es+res+whatnot ring and belt (since I can't be frozen anyway). Ups my ES as well as my clearspeed through haste.

Though face to face I would still rate tri-curse the far safer and more convenient of the two, at least for hexproof maps this setup works quite well for me.

Next thing to do (besides the obvious updates) is now to get the most suitable dagger for the build. I do not find the poison on the consuming dark that effective for when it really counts: bosses. So I will try out a Leo dagger/decay dagger to see how that feels like (as soon as I can afford it or get lucky with crafting...).
Last edited by AeshMezareph on Sep 29, 2016, 2:55:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info