[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

that do you think about a Winds of Change Ancient Gauntlets?
"
simakover wrote:
that do you think about a Winds of Change Ancient Gauntlets?

They are pretty good because of the projectile damage, but they are better in a life based version of the build, because they provide decent life and zero ES.
can you link how passive tree must looks on ~80 level? Im new to poe, and ED trickster is my first 70+ char. im already switch to CI cause have 8k ES
A good tree for lvl 79 should be this one.

At that point, you start adding whatever you need more. I'd go for Arcane Focus first, then Potency of Will, then Path of the Savant, and jewel sockets last.
thanks! and more qustion.

1)how many mana regen we need to sustain 5L and 6L without clarity?

2)that you can say about passive tree that i try to build? im cut some for more aoe and curse effectivnes. my first try, so dont be hard on me =)
Last edited by simakover on Sep 18, 2016, 9:37:33 AM
You are basically trading 4 jewel sockets and a good "flat" amount of ES to take 30% curse efficiency and 15% area of effect.

If you feel comfortable doing that go for it, I wouldn't advise that btw! 4 jewel sockets are huge, curse efficiency is devalued in 2.4, area of effect is pretty nice but spending 4 passives to have less than a half of the effect of the increased AoE support gem is a big investment.
Looking for some feedback about Eldritch Knowledge. Is it ever worth it? Is 25-35% pure chaos damage that much worse than say, 10%proj/15% chaos dmg?

This is coming from my perspective where I'm struggling to find more damage. My gems are almost 20 but not quality yet. I started ItYoji's build and now slowly switching this way so I already have the points in the Witch tree for the moment, giving me 35% chaos damage from EK. Gear isn't too bad, so mainly missing damage from jewels and gems. ED damage is 17.7k at the moment.

Any ideas would be appreciated. In general, but also wondering why Ekno jewel isn't used more.
you dont answered tp qustion how many mana regen we need to sustain 5L and 6L ED. can you gibe me advice please?
"
mallus wrote:
Looking for some feedback about Eldritch Knowledge. Is it ever worth it? Is 25-35% pure chaos damage that much worse than say, 10%proj/15% chaos dmg?

This is coming from my perspective where I'm struggling to find more damage. My gems are almost 20 but not quality yet. I started ItYoji's build and now slowly switching this way so I already have the points in the Witch tree for the moment, giving me 35% chaos damage from EK. Gear isn't too bad, so mainly missing damage from jewels and gems. ED damage is 17.7k at the moment.

Any ideas would be appreciated. In general, but also wondering why Ekno jewel isn't used more.

With a near to perfect gear, corrupted gems (empower 4 / ED 21), corrupted supports (21/20) you can get to about 40k dot component on ED's damage. In 2.3 45k was possible but now we lost about 10% dmg because of the pierce support nerf.

Eldritch knowledge is not used because it's simply inefficient. A yellow jewel can give about the same damage plus defensive stats like ES or resistances.

About the mana thing, you will always carry a mana potion with you.

Especially in this patch because of the increased mana multiplier of the pierce support.

It's good if you have mana regen on a ring too. It can be enough, when coupled with patient reaper and Doedre's, to have no issues in regen-nerf map. In NO regen maps the mana flask will always be your best friend.
Hey! I've been trying out this build for only my second ever PoE character, and so far I've been enjoying it a fair bit. Definitely seems to have a lot of survivability. I've got some questions regarding my character though: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Insurrectionist/characters

First off, is Path of the Savant really worth picking up over, say, Jewel sockets or even just pathing from Deep Wisdom down towards the Witch starting area, like I've seen some other ED builds do? I picked it up before I got my Veil and had to respec for a third curse, and I was honestly quite unimpressed with PotS - plus on paper it looks kinda weak. Obviously I'm not super familiar with the game mechanics/calculations though.

Second, my ED dot just barely crossed 20k dps and I'm kinda wondering what I should do now to up it. Is it just a matter of getting a 21 ED and higher level Empower? I doubt I'll get enough levels to fit more jewels in, and while I'd love to grab some spell-damage on my shield, I'm not nearly rich enough to get one with decent ES, the resists I need to get capped AND spell-damage. I really feel like my damage has stagnated a lot, even upgrading my gems from 0 to 20% quality only added about 3.5k dps and other than that my damage basically hasn't changed since four - five days into the league. Compared to my Arc Witch last season which just kept rocketing up in dps at a steady rate and it's taking some getting used to.

At this point I'm just trying to get more Woes to manage an actually decent-rolled 6L instead of the abomination I'm currently wearing (I've used about 25 Shrieking so far and not gotten a single decent result, kinda regretting my decision to commit to Essence crafting this league...) and beyond that, general improvements to my other rares. I feel like my survivability is already good and it's very obvious how to improve it (dat armor mainly but all four rares could use improvement in the ES department). Any advice on general building and what I should focus on next for improving my damage would be very helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info