Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

Nice changes , thank you GGG for making this game better and better.
Well... I think these changes are somewhat reasonable at least. Don't really like the rarity changes tho, but anyways.

What really concerned me about these patches are the Leech on the Ascendant tree. And don't get me wrong, I know it needed a tiny adjustment, and i'm concerned not only because of that but because of how much boss fights are being influenced by this kind of change.

I mean, there's nothing you can actually "kill" on boss fights to gain some buffs. And recently a lot of "on kill" buffs have been added to the game and unfortunatly they're completely useless against bosses.

I know "on hit" buffs are harder to balance because wether you'll have a build that hits so fast that completly ignores the low chance to occur, or you'll have a slow hard hitting build that will never get the buff at all. But i expected at least a change a bit more orignal than just "if you have killed recently". Maybe something like "if you have crit recently", "if you've taken a savage hit", "1.5% damage leeched as life at every 3 consecutive attacks/spells used", i don't know how hard is to program that stuff, but I think you guys are too much stuck on your own mechanics, try to think a little bit out of the box =) It would be really fun to see some buffs being applied from player skill instead of exclusive conditions, new methods to gain buffs would be equally as fun.

Thanks for the update GGG and for the balances, i'm hyped for the prophecy league incoming!

Hugs!
Dream with me !
Could someone post a link with the ascendency changes in it?
"
DarkKaine wrote:
So let me get this straight.
The build-enabling item that I have been hunting down ever since I started playing this game and never found had it's drop rate reduced even more?
Do you even play your own game?

If you're specifically referring to shavs because that was the example they used, shavronne's wrappings is NOT a build enabling unique. Solaris Lorica is a build enabling unique, shavs is simply a vast end game upgrade to that. It is entirely possible to make a budget low life build using lorica. Shavs is not the only option.

If you were just speaking generally, I still can't think of too many T1 uniques that are 100% necessary for X playstyle.

They are called UNIQUES for a reason, particularly the T1 items. They're supposed to be near impossbile to obtain in return for a massive power spike. I've played 2000 hours of PoE and never owned a shavs or any T1 unique. It doesn't bother me.
"
Hilldrake wrote:

I mean, there's nothing you can actually "kill" on boss fights to gain some buffs. And recently a lot of "on kill" buffs have been added to the game and unfortunatly they're completely useless against bosses.

so much this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1664616its also my #1 thing id like to see
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
They just nerfed only 2 ascendant - ascendencies that were actualy worth playing while buffing all other classes with 2 usable ascendancy points. GJ GGG, you officialy made scion worth playing ONLY for that tiny bit o builds which needs to start from 2 places. Other than that, there is now no reason to play her, when you nerf 2 only usable notes and gave us 2 passive points instead of actual buff with those 2 asc points like every other class will get.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Hilldrake wrote:

so much this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1664616its also my #1 thing id like to see

(ignore 'the price' :))
Sooo much awesome stuff we've waited for for a long time. Great QoL packed with some phenominal gameplay changes. This feels like an expansion. Great job!
Added Canyon and Plateau as possible Map types for Zana Missions.

best change ever
"
Hilldrake wrote:

Are you aware that there is an item called writhing jar? And really if the buff says 'on kill', it is not meant to function in boss fights. So no need to bitch about this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info