GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hi,

I've played an Occultist Contagion/ED earlier and I'm thinking about swapping to a Trickster. I have a 5-link Carcass Jack, a Breath of the Council and Winds of Change. Would those items work with your build?

Regards.
"
Ikith wrote:
Hey Gazzy,

Thanks for the build it's a pleasure to play.

Regarding clarity at which level you stop leveling the gem ?

Hey,

Cheers!
For this build I never stop lvling it.

"
muera wrote:
Heya Ghazzy, what do you think about CI version of this build in 3.0? Can it get better than MoM?

You are refering to an Occultist version, they are stupidly strong but with the buffs to Trickster I find it hard to believe it will be better than this.

"
hacktiv wrote:
Hello Ghazzy ! Thx for this amzing build, I love the gameplay !

I'm a new player on POE and i have a question, in your skilltree, you take +1 maximum frenzy charges and i dont understand why and how to proc frenzy.

Thx for help !

Cheers bro!
Welcome in to Wraeclast then!
The Ascendancy "Swift Killer" provides Frenzy & Power Charge generation & modification to their benefits.

"
hacktiv wrote:
"
erp_lsf wrote:
"
I'm a new player on POE and i have a question, in your skilltree, you take +1 maximum frenzy charges and i dont understand why and how to proc frenzy.

Look at Ascendancy Nodes we take - we have 15% chance to generate power/frenzy charge on kill.

Ok thx a lot :D

Second question, in the video, Ghazzi talk about spells not specified on post 3.0, because the gameplay change or just because he develop more the build in video ?

Sadly I am not a fulltime streamer, this prevents me from puting the time I wish I could. So the video footages are in most of my guides atm out of date, I will fix this as soon as I can, I got another 3 new builds in the making in the Harbinger league atm and will update after those.

"
cybertier wrote:
"
erp_lsf wrote:
"

Look at Ascendancy Nodes we take - we have 15% chance to generate power/frenzy charge on kill.

Though I think the first frenzy node is too early in the leveling trees.

The first frenzy charge node is in the 39 point tree, but you aren't even supposed to take the charge ascendancy first, so you are looking at level ~55 for Cruel Lab as earliest point for using the additional charges.

For a newbie thats just trying to follow the guide that's understandably confusing

It all depends on which ascendancy one prefers to take first. I've tried both Walk the Aether & swift killer as starters and with the recent buffs I would argue for Swift Killer being a potential first ascendancy winner.

"
MalakielCL wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
MalakielCL wrote:
first of all , awesome build and guide !!

My concern as HC player is if this guide is oriented more to SC than HC playerbase ( speaking of leveling tree and final tree ) and my another toughts is about first ascendacy talent , if you asking me as HC player i choose Patient Reaper talent for the damage and sustain cuz in that lvl (lvl 33 ) is hard to believe use MoM in that stage of leveling

Cheers :D

Cheers, glad you like it!

It is mainly targeted for hardcore viability.
For softcore you could drop some HP and grab method of madness for example :)

welcome

me again this time i been thinking about this build how much HP Max aspire to reach ? my concern come from , its ok 5k mana pool is nice but the mana take max 30-40% of the damage you take but the rest go to the life and if this build seeing the tree is more focused to mana nodes instead of life nodes and i undertand well MoM is a mitigation measure for the damage taken , but you cant depend 100% of it if the build you reach 5k HP max i believe in HC that is low considering new bosses , improved mechanics of them and more dificulty to make a good survability

Regards

Hey,

It all comes down to basic algebra when calculating the eHP using MoM, there's a calculator included in the guide.
Basically:

30% MoM gives you 42.8% mitigating effect (3/7=0.428) which means that if you have 5k life you multiply that with 1.428 => 7140 HP. However, this build should have no problems reaching 6k HP which means:
6000 * 1.428 = 8568 HP

When you equip Cloak of Defiance you reach 40% MoM effect which is 66% mitigating effect (4/6=0.66)
Which means you multiply your HP with 1.66 like this:

6000 * 1.66 = 9960 eHP

Path of Math FTL tbh, it is so dull but the numbers shows great effective HP unlike most hardcore builds in the game tbh.

"
Exilaner wrote:
I am at lvl 60 and the build is very tanky already with 3000 hp and 500 of 1500 unreserved mana, though I am still running with grace and clarity. Could you give a some more advice on how to setup the defence for the late game (auras, skills for cwdt, evasion or armor)? Is the 2.6 defensive setup still viable?

Hey,

Honestly, I would recommend you follow the written guide as it is described. Grace is not included anywhere in the guide and you need to make room for unreserved mana to fully be able to use the mitigating effect coming from MoM.

"
Joux3 wrote:
I'm somewhat confused - Why do you suggest Vaal Lightning Trap? I don't have room on my bars for it and it doesn't seem useful, since it doesn't get used by CWDT.

How can you not have room? O,O
You don't need to have Auras or CWDT things showing on the bars. Can simply activate an aura then remove it from the action bar.

"
sjnorre wrote:
Thanks for the build! been enjoying it so far!

My pleasure! :)

"
wrozansk wrote:
Hi,

I've played an Occultist Contagion/ED earlier and I'm thinking about swapping to a Trickster. I have a 5-link Carcass Jack, a Breath of the Council and Winds of Change. Would those items work with your build?

Regards.

Winds of Change no longer scales ED so that ones a waste. Breath is great, Carcass Jack a bit wasted and you should probably get a rare HP chest till you can afford Cloak of Defiance :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Thanks for the great build Ghazzy, I'm having fun with it!

Just wanted to ask how do you do your Atlas? Just as a matter of taste - do you "optimally" shape it or just run it all?
"
erp_lsf wrote:
Thanks for the great build Ghazzy, I'm having fun with it!

Just wanted to ask how do you do your Atlas? Just as a matter of taste - do you "optimally" shape it or just run it all?

Hey,

Cheers!
I usually optimally shape it. Though 3.0 brought a lot of changes, so i dunno which will be better at this point atm.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Well, then you might find this link useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sk37z/30_shaped_map_list/

I think it's pretty adequate list.
Last edited by erp_lsf on Aug 9, 2017, 8:39:36 AM
Hi there! I'm following your guide with some minor modifications (playing SC) and I was wondering if you could take a look at my char and advice me on its gear. I feel that my single target damage is way too weak.

Am I doing something wrong? The char name is Xour. Thanks a bunch!
"
Hi there! I'm following your guide with some minor modifications (playing SC) and I was wondering if you could take a look at my char and advice me on its gear. I feel that my single target damage is way too weak.

I can't see any character named that. Either your char doesn't exist or profile is closed.
Playing this character on HC harbringer after my last one died,
I wonder about the ascendanscy I will use Patient reaper and weave the arcane, for the other two I wonder if shade form is good to take.

My main goal is to be tanky against bosses. I fear that it will be too hard to reach 30% mana as life.
"
erp_lsf wrote:
"

I can't see any character named that. Either your char doesn't exist or profile is closed.
My bad! It should be public now. Sorry about that!
Get Breath of the Council, get specified gems and be sure to keep up that Wither totem, that's all I can say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info