GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I keep seeing you mentioning Death's Oath as a softcore option, but wouldn't the colors be near impossible to get? And because of this, wouldn't something like Cherrubim's Maleficence be the better softcore option?
Last edited by kayklown on Aug 4, 2017, 12:11:48 AM
Why no arcane surge on anything?
Just chuck Arcane Surge on Contagion if you want to use it ;)
"
Hmm we are going MoM..and clarity and alot of mana and mana Regen...
Could we take out Vaal lightning trap for RF... ?

Had the same idea, really wanted to go RF, a 39% more multiplier to spell dmg should be juicy for just one gem slot (effectively a 7th link on ED).

I've been trying on PoB to see how this shakes out, but unfortunately the investment in tree required is pretty bad, plus going MoM we can't run a second curse in blasphemy (although we have witchfire for vulnerability). Even just one curse + purity of fire requires enlighten to have a somewhat decent amount of mana unreserved for MoM.

I think for the best possible endgame setup we will still have to go Low Life with Shav's, even though the ES gear needed will be pretty horrific (ie top rolls = expensive).

Don't know if there is a way to go RF as LL?
"
MesterMark wrote:
Hey ghazzy, looking fowards to playing essence drain, what are your thoughts on decay support, im feeling like its good for leveling. but it getting replaces at high level.

Hey,

Awesome bro!
It is simply not worth it tbh

"
robotuprising wrote:
The PoB damage is possibly low because the default wither stacks is 1. Can switch skill to wither and set it to 10-20 and it'll increase the damage by a lot.

Cospri's is also a possible option for more damage in the chest slot though I think Death's Oath will do more but will be a PAIN to color. Using either one you will absolutely need the grand spectrums or your unreserved mana with a curse will be way too low.

I believe Death's Oath will be optimal for damage output but coloring needs to be done with the socket trick and will be expensive.

The grand specs are a must with or without the CoD.

"
kayklown wrote:
I keep seeing you mentioning Death's Oath as a softcore option, but wouldn't the colors be near impossible to get? And because of this, wouldn't something like Cherrubim's Maleficence be the better softcore option?

Hey,

I will add Cherrub in the softcore & budget version and add a small note about color trick called "socket coloring" for the Deaths oath which will still cost a bit of currency.

"
Bravehood wrote:
Why no arcane surge on anything?

No proper way of sustaining it, only thing I'd switch would possibly be Increased Duration from the Contagion & smack in Arcane Surge of the lvl it works with in there.

"
unciuchino wrote:
"
Hmm we are going MoM..and clarity and alot of mana and mana Regen...
Could we take out Vaal lightning trap for RF... ?

Had the same idea, really wanted to go RF, a 39% more multiplier to spell dmg should be juicy for just one gem slot (effectively a 7th link on ED).

I've been trying on PoB to see how this shakes out, but unfortunately the investment in tree required is pretty bad, plus going MoM we can't run a second curse in blasphemy (although we have witchfire for vulnerability). Even just one curse + purity of fire requires enlighten to have a somewhat decent amount of mana unreserved for MoM.

I think for the best possible endgame setup we will still have to go Low Life with Shav's, even though the ES gear needed will be pretty horrific (ie top rolls = expensive).

Don't know if there is a way to go RF as LL?

Hey,

THere is but for this build it would be highly ineffective :/
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Greetings, Ghazzy. As I can't simply decide what build to play, I have some questions for you. Do you think that your build will be Shaper/Uber/Guardians viable with higher budget accumulated from playing the lower budget version in 3.0? I simply love the playstyle of casting a spell once in a while and watching with satisfaction while everything melts down.
Hey there,

I have a stupid question, is there any point to reapplying ED on CD (bosses), or does it make no difference if I apply another bullet towards the end of the first cast's duration?

Thanks in advance,

Rompster
Hey Ghazzy (and others hanging out here)!

This build looks like a blast. I generally like to get inspiration from others' builds, and then try to add my own bit of flavor to make it better suit my playstyle/needs. I was thinking of adding some extra sources of sustain to this build, because I tend to do better with builds that have a bit more survivability (shit connection, and framerate spikes when I'm playing on my laptop). But I'm curious how sustain with an ED build like this usually works, as I don't see any sources besides the inherent life gained from ED itself (and this makes me a lil nervous for the previously mentioned reasons). Any feedback on my current thinking below would be much appreciated!

My plan so far was to run EB and then MoM from a cloak of defiance, and then take all hybrid evasion/es gear with life, and ghost reaver (with a warlord's mark on blasphemy). I'm planning to run the build on an old character via the respec (86 shadow)(sadly don't have the time to level a new character these days), where I have a shavronne's revelation to help out with the ES sustain from ghost reaver and the initial hits on ED. With The Aylardex, I'm looking at 47% damage taken from mana (ES with EB)-- so the current build in POB is sitting on 3.6k Life and 3.1k ES. For life sustain, I'll have a couple percent of life regen from the tree, potions, and then a few other options: [stone golem + patient reaper + stone golem helm enchant] for a few hundred life/sec, and/or [Bino's knife, lesser poison in 6L with ED, and then to be sure-- whirling blades in 4L with Poison support] for 340 life/sec after a kill.

Taking both gives me something like 650 life/sec in POB with ~70k effective DPS on ED. Is this sacrificing too much damage for sustain? What does other people's DPS look like around this level with ED? Is building for sustain totally superfluous for this sort of character?
Hey Ghazzy, how do I remove the massive "Ghazzy" banner in your MoMcalc spreadsheet?

http://i.imgur.com/x63bz2j.png
Last edited by KankaFc on Aug 4, 2017, 6:48:36 PM
"
Mindfreak wrote:
Greetings, Ghazzy. As I can't simply decide what build to play, I have some questions for you. Do you think that your build will be Shaper/Uber/Guardians viable with higher budget accumulated from playing the lower budget version in 3.0? I simply love the playstyle of casting a spell once in a while and watching with satisfaction while everything melts down.

Hey,

Sadly I can't confirm this, however, this build got buffed and before that in a much lower budget version (its old version) the build managed Uber Atziri, so I can feel confident in saying that it should absolutely be fine for your goals.

"
Rompster wrote:
Hey there,

I have a stupid question, is there any point to reapplying ED on CD (bosses), or does it make no difference if I apply another bullet towards the end of the first cast's duration?

Thanks in advance,

Rompster

There are no stupid questions!

Well the projectile itself deals a tiny bit of damage, might aswell to make sure the dot is being kept up I guess.

It will simply reset the duration :)

"
kellenlawson wrote:
Hey Ghazzy (and others hanging out here)!

This build looks like a blast. I generally like to get inspiration from others' builds, and then try to add my own bit of flavor to make it better suit my playstyle/needs. I was thinking of adding some extra sources of sustain to this build, because I tend to do better with builds that have a bit more survivability (shit connection, and framerate spikes when I'm playing on my laptop). But I'm curious how sustain with an ED build like this usually works, as I don't see any sources besides the inherent life gained from ED itself (and this makes me a lil nervous for the previously mentioned reasons). Any feedback on my current thinking below would be much appreciated!

My plan so far was to run EB and then MoM from a cloak of defiance, and then take all hybrid evasion/es gear with life, and ghost reaver (with a warlord's mark on blasphemy). I'm planning to run the build on an old character via the respec (86 shadow)(sadly don't have the time to level a new character these days), where I have a shavronne's revelation to help out with the ES sustain from ghost reaver and the initial hits on ED. With The Aylardex, I'm looking at 47% damage taken from mana (ES with EB)-- so the current build in POB is sitting on 3.6k Life and 3.1k ES. For life sustain, I'll have a couple percent of life regen from the tree, potions, and then a few other options: [stone golem + patient reaper + stone golem helm enchant] for a few hundred life/sec, and/or [Bino's knife, lesser poison in 6L with ED, and then to be sure-- whirling blades in 4L with Poison support] for 340 life/sec after a kill.

Taking both gives me something like 650 life/sec in POB with ~70k effective DPS on ED. Is this sacrificing too much damage for sustain? What does other people's DPS look like around this level with ED? Is building for sustain totally superfluous for this sort of character?

Hey,

Sounds like a nice way of sorting your own build bro :)

You'll be having quiet a massive regeneration effect from ED compared to your actual life pool the rest of your eHP comes from Mana which is sustained via regeneration on a 6k ish mana pool as well as Weave the Arcane ascendancy. Unlike a build who has 10k ES where your regen comes from ED to that, this build has between 5-6k life which the massive regen hits which is based of the damage, not your life.

The hardcore version in this build using CoD brings you to around 11k eHP which is more than most builds in the game has, with insanely effective sustaining I doubt it will be any better by adding even more layers of defence, ultimately you'll need to consider your damage output, specially as that's the baseline of your regeneration as well.

"
KankaFc wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, how do I remove the massive "Ghazzy" banner in your MoMcalc spreadsheet?

http://i.imgur.com/x63bz2j.png

Haha, that stupid image man... jesus, I've tried sorting that size several times and eventually I gave up!

When you download the file so that you can edit it yourself (it's the only way for you to use the document in the first place) you can resize it or just delete it manually.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info