GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

get a six link bow with the right colors.
1) make the bow blue- use transmutation orb if bow is not magical.
2) search for paragon prefix which grants "+1 to all skills". do not confuse this with +1 to bow skills.
3) if this is the only affix, continue to the next step. otherwise, use a orb of annulment and hope that you are left with a blue bow with only the paragon affix. (It might be wiser to ignore this step and use alteration orbs until you hit paragon with no suffix naturally.)
4) use a regal orb.
5) use am annulment orb and hope you are left with only paragon on a rare base.
if you annul the paragon, scour, and back to step one.
6) craft item may have multiple crafted affixes (multimod), 2 ex cost, obtainable at the pale court fight.
7) craft +2 to support gems, 1 ex cost, obtainable from unveiling mastermind items (syndicate boss).
8) add any other crafts you wish- arcane surge, chaos damage, nacDoT, etc...

strictly speaking as long as you have + to all skills and room for adding +2 to support, you do not need anything else. so you could alt spam into paragon, regal, skip the annuls and multimod, and craft the +2. this is not advisable.
Last edited by Hzbbaum on Jul 1, 2019, 3:53:07 PM
"
Enzoniewski wrote:
Anyone have tutorial how to craft +3 chaos bow and can post?

Note, this is for the alt/regal method. Not a fan of the other method so I wont mention it

Get a white one of those.

EDIT 1: the short bows are the easiest to color, and can be acquired cheaply with

If you want one with movement speed then be prepared to spend a bit more for the base and the coloring as they have a higher dex requirement

1. Transmute it, and then use alts until you hit +1 gems (socketed).
2. Regal
3. Annul off the other affix(es) so that you have a rare bow with +1 gems

If you miss, scour it and repeat steps 1-3. Once you have a rare bow with only the Paragon mod (+1 gems) move on to step 4:

4. Craft "Can have multiple crafted modifiers"
5. Craft "+2 Level of socketed support gems"
6. Craft "Increased Chaos damage"
7. Craft "Increased cast speed"
8. Craft "Non-ailment damage over time multiplier"
9. Craft "% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you kill an enemy"

EDIT 2: some of the crafting options aren't easy to come by, and when you're investing this much into a multimod, you definitely want the highest tier affixes available. I used this guy for everything but the "can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod (I did that myself). He was super professional, probably one of the better crafting services I've used over the years. I'd recommend hitting him up for sure.

It's also worth mentioning you should be prepared to spend a fair amount of currency to do this. The multi mod and +2 support gems is 4ex right there. And the cost of alt-spam/regal/annulment can rise pretty quickly - and this part you'll need to do before a third party crafting service will multimod it for you (at least, this is generally the case.
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jul 1, 2019, 6:14:57 PM
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
Enzoniewski wrote:
Anyone have tutorial how to craft +3 chaos bow and can post?

Note, this is for the alt/regal method. Not a fan of the other method so I wont mention it

Get a white one of those.

1. Transmute it, and then use alts until you hit +1 gems (socketed).
2. Regal
3. Annul off the other affix(es) so that you have a rare bow with +1 gems

If you miss, scour it and repeat steps 1-3 Once you have a rare bow with only the Paragon mod (+1 gems) move on to step 4:

4. Craft "Can have multiple crafted modifiers"
5. Craft "+2 Level of socketed support gems"
6. Craft "Increased Chaos damage"
7. Craft "Increased cast speed"
8. Craft "Non-ailment damage over time multiplier"
9. Craft "% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you kill an enemy"

Sorry I tried quoting you (psyonix) earlier, but I guess I suck at Poe Forums. I just wanted to ask if you think Perfect form armor is end game? I need to upgrade my armor and I wana push for uber elder and shaper slowly as I don't play as often.
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:

Solstice Vigil is pretty good and quite cheap.
Assuming you have 2 slots for Blasphemy/Temporal Chains. I really like how long your various buffs can last during Shaper's Presence.

Sounds neat, but aside from me not being 100% sold on Zealotry I'm pretty content with my dual curse setup as is. The build clears fast enough that I have a pretty solid uptime on most things. I can see the benefit for bossing with that amulet, but I don't want to mess around with my gear any more than I have to at this point, considering how strong the character already is at the moment. Good suggestion though!

Everybody has their own way of building their character.
For me, my character has plenty of damage to comfortably do Uber Elder and I know this will never be an ideal character for Domain of Endless Conflict, so I went all out on survivability and utility.

Gotta grind out currency/xp/bosses and never die.
Last edited by WingsOfDomain on Jul 1, 2019, 4:13:09 PM
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

Sorry I tried quoting you (psyonix) earlier, but I guess I suck at Poe Forums. I just wanted to ask if you think Perfect form armor is end game? I need to upgrade my armor and I wana push for uber elder and shaper slowly as I don't play as often.

It absolutely is! Which is why you'll see a lot of top-end trickster builds running it (you don't have to take my word for it though).

It really shines the more you stack your cold res, and having a free keystone (and thus freeing up the skill points you'd otherwise use to get there) is a pretty big deal. The free Arctic Armor reservation is nice too, but not 100% necessary to make use of if you have other things you'd like to slot in instead. Having said all that, it's not the only endgame option. There's plenty of others that work great with this build that have been linked in this thread. The Perfect Form just happens to be a favorite among people who play at high levels.

EDIT: as others have pointed out, the nice thing about ED/Contagion builds is you don't need to 6L the chest if you use a bow (and 6L bows are easy to come by). This should make it easier to acquire without too much expense.
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jul 1, 2019, 5:55:03 PM
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:

Everybody has their own way of building their character.

Yep. Choose your own adventure!
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

It absolutely is! Which is why you'll see a lot of top-end trickster builds running it (you don't have to take my word for it though).

It really shines the more you stack your cold res, and having a free keystone (and thus freeing up the skill points you'd otherwise use to get there) is a pretty big deal. The free Arctic Armor reservation is nice too, but not 100% necessary to make use of if you have other things you'd like to slot in instead. Having said all that, it's not the only endgame option. There's plenty of others that work great with this build that have been linked in this thread. The Perfect Form just happens to be a favorite among people who play at high levels.

EDIT: as others have pointed out, the nice thing about ED/Contagion builds is you don't need to 6L the chest if you use a bow (and 6L bows are easy to come by). This should make it easier to acquire without too much expense.

Thank you for your reply. I picked up a cheap Perfect Form then 6 socketed it. Now I just gotta figure out my resistances again, especially since I'm running Soul Strike quiver. If I drop the soul strike I lose so much ES, but I can max out my resistances with a rare one instead.
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I picked up a cheap Perfect Form then 6 socketed it. Now I just gotta figure out my resistances again, especially since I'm running Soul Strike quiver. If I drop the soul strike I lose so much ES, but I can max out my resistances with a rare one instead.

Right on. Yeah, I didn't want to give up Soul Strike, or any of the other uniques on my build, so I went all in as much as I was willing to spend on the belt, rings, and amulet. Wasn't cheap, but my build is in a solid place so I'd say it was worth the investment.
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jul 1, 2019, 6:18:21 PM
What are most people running this league? ED/Bane or ED/Contagion? (I am new to this build and guide)

-and if you do the contagion route, is there a way to run a despair setup without needing Witchfire or Impresence?
Last edited by Hellsmith on Jul 1, 2019, 8:07:43 PM
So originally I followed this guide to a T and I found that sometimes it was really awkward not being able to cast anything because of Vaal RF, though it was really nice to be able to fit in Flesh and Stone b/c you can go to 100% reserved mana.

I later switched off MoM/EI and dropped Prolonged Pain for Swift Killer. Also swapped despair Impresence for Solstice Vigil/Witchfire flask. Shaper's Presence is really nice because you get a long uptime of Vaal RF/Grace and frenzy/power charges but what I love the most is the long flask uptime so I can save my fingers.

I really love this build (reached lv 96 for the first time, have died less than 5 times whereas my cyclone build has 100+ deaths) and I think I've upgraded all my gear to the best I can. Is there anything I can improve on, gear or tree wise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info