GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Need a bit of gearing help, could anyone suggest what to upgrade next or work towards:
Current Budget - 90C + ~100Alch

Stats: 4.6k Health, 2.4k ES, 236/1645 mana
(No EB/MoM just yet, taking them in the next lvl or 2, as i just sorted out that chest 5-link)
ED: 105k DoT DPS (with golem up)
Res: all overcapped.

Been following the guide on page 345, and just looking at what would be the next best thing to upgrade before trying to work on the long-term multi-exalt gearing.
Last edited by xFlameKnightx on Jun 28, 2019, 9:35:47 PM
I'm doing really bad against Guardians and Shaper. Any tips on what I can improve my character? GuriDaSombra is the one I'm playing right now.
"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Need a bit of gearing help, could anyone suggest what to upgrade next or work towards:
Current Budget - 90C + ~100Alch

Stats: 4.6k Health, 2.4k ES, 236/1645 mana
(No EB/MoM just yet, taking them in the next lvl or 2, as i just sorted out that chest 5-link)
ED: 105k DoT DPS (with golem up)
Res: all overcapped.

Been following the guide on page 345, and just looking at what would be the next best thing to upgrade before trying to work on the long-term multi-exalt gearing.

Put remove curse on the Jade flask, and drop Stigbite for a Witches Brew, and drop despair gem. If you're res capped and have decent HP just keep grinding until you can afford the bow.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
"
deviantek wrote:
Could anyone help/suggest gear upgrades for my character? I'm playing hardcore so I'm trying to stay as safe as possible while still doing damage. Bane is my primary go to for map clearing. Thanks all!

I should mention my defensive stats (level 76) are:

3,397 health
2,071 shield

Chance to evade attacks 20%
chance to dodge attacks 40%
chance to dodge spells 46%
chance to block attack damage 15%

Fire 73%
Cold 75%
Lightning 75%
Chaos 58%

movement speed + 29%

no replies to me? :(
"
xsnowingx wrote:

I just don't think you should need it, cause the 'hit' of ED is not that big, so being able to spam shoot it infinitely like a regular projectile is not that valuable.. it only needs to be refreshed every few seconds. If you use the helmet then good luck getting the enchantment without paying out of your nose. You also lose the aberrant fossil craft cuz you can't craft your own helmet. And if you get EB on the tree (don't do it this way lol) then you waste valuable passives.

But yeah, if you do set up the helmet its does offer conveniences. But its screwing up so many new peoples builds and I can almost guarantee that your build would be just as well off with a bit of mana regen and the elreon ring craft instead. The benefit of the helmet, I suppose, is that it makes a transition into a Mark of the Shaper with an Elder resist ring easy, which is a pretty big damage increase. :)

It's not about spamming ED, it's about the defensive layer it provides together with MoM.
This has probably been asked, but I can't find any info after some extensive Googling.
How do I run both Malevolence and Discipline auras?
When I activate both,I can only cast Contagion-ED twice before I don't have enough mana.

Is there a secret to this set up, or do I just need to buff up my mana regen (or mana pool) a bit more?

I'm a newb, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Cheers
After wasting almost all of my currency to be able to switch Vall Righteous Fire to desecrate, I managed to beat Uber Elder.
Well, that was my goal for the league. I guess now it's just farming more currency for other builds.
"
Darth_Quietus wrote:
This has probably been asked, but I can't find any info after some extensive Googling.
How do I run both Malevolence and Discipline auras?
When I activate both,I can only cast Contagion-ED twice before I don't have enough mana.

Is there a secret to this set up, or do I just need to buff up my mana regen (or mana pool) a bit more?

I'm a newb, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Cheers

Probably need Eldritch battery node.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:

I just don't think you should need it, cause the 'hit' of ED is not that big, so being able to spam shoot it infinitely like a regular projectile is not that valuable.. it only needs to be refreshed every few seconds. If you use the helmet then good luck getting the enchantment without paying out of your nose. You also lose the aberrant fossil craft cuz you can't craft your own helmet. And if you get EB on the tree (don't do it this way lol) then you waste valuable passives.

But yeah, if you do set up the helmet its does offer conveniences. But its screwing up so many new peoples builds and I can almost guarantee that your build would be just as well off with a bit of mana regen and the elreon ring craft instead. The benefit of the helmet, I suppose, is that it makes a transition into a Mark of the Shaper with an Elder resist ring easy, which is a pretty big damage increase. :)

It's not about spamming ED, it's about the defensive layer it provides together with MoM.

My 1st Exalt was spent on The Devouring Diadem and I used it as soon I could equip it at lvl 54. I used it with cheap 6-link 350 ES chest which was more than enough to farm for the bow, The Perfect Form, and some other gear. Utility it provides and defensive layer is excellent.

+1 to socketed skills, 20% reduced mana cost for 3 auras, 4000HP/ES every 5s, free passive notable EB and 10% chance for ES Recharge to start when skill is used. Whats not to like?
I use Desecrate in CWDT setup for steady supply of corpses that almost instantly heal me when I get hit. I dont remember when it was last time I used hp flask. So imo The Devouring Diadem might not give you same damage boost or hp/res as crafted -Chaos res helm but utility it provides is very well worth it.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 29, 2019, 9:21:01 AM
"
deviantek wrote:
Could anyone help/suggest gear upgrades for my character? I'm playing hardcore so I'm trying to stay as safe as possible while still doing damage. Bane is my primary go to for map clearing. Thanks all!

I should mention my defensive stats (level 76) are:

3,397 health
2,071 shield

Chance to evade attacks 20%
chance to dodge attacks 40%
chance to dodge spells 46%
chance to block attack damage 15%

Fire 73%
Cold 75%
Lightning 75%
Chaos 58%

movement speed + 29%

Best HC upgrade by far is The Perfect Form chest. You get free AA aura and Phase Acrobatics notable. On top of that you can boost Evasion if you get as much Cold res as you can. I use Grace + The Watchers Eye with 5% (can go up to 10%) Evasion if using Grace + 189% Cold Res for 70% Evasion that goes to 83% with Flasks. With high Evasion you don't need Acrobatics = 30% more ES and Block Attack/Spell chance.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 29, 2019, 8:45:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info