GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey all, trying this build as starter, and I have some basic questions.

1) what's the right way to cast things? contagion then ed? and totem with wither on boss?

2) is the leveling way so much different from the 3.6 video guide on the first page?

3) is hyrri's ire so much better than queen of the forest?

Thanks all in advance

edit: i saw a lot of people considering zizaran trickster ed over this one, is his so much better?
Last edited by Mozzanator on Jun 10, 2019, 9:55:02 AM
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
How do you guys play?
ED + Cotagion, ED + Bane or ED + Contagion + Bane?

I would like to go with the third one buy I can't fith those in my jewel slots.

Im no POE expert, so idk if this is the optimal setup but im messing around with the 3rd option myself. What i did was put my Totem setup in my helm and bought a 2nd helm for a bane setup. Then i just put my totem helm on when im going into a boss room and the bane for just mapping.

Pretty much: auras/flame dash in my weapon, blight in my gloves, ED in my body, contagion in my boots, CWDT setup in my shield. Then totem/bane in the helm. Thats how i fit them all in.

I havent seen one for sale yet with decent stats and i havent tried it but in theory, you could get a shaper helm too and add some shaper mods to you bane (thats why i chose to put it in my helm). Like socketed gems supported by lv.20 AOE or something. I plan on trying that out for a psuedo 5 link.
Last edited by YaCantStopMe on Jun 10, 2019, 10:01:44 AM

What can I do to improve my dot?
So, I just... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this build seems to have *awful* single-target DPS. This extends to seeming to hit a wall with the league mechanic on the bigger guys. I've never done ED/Contagion before. Trying to mostly follow the guide.

It is right that casting ED on an enemy more than one time doesn't help with kill speed, presumably. So things like Alva Temple mobs (with their high chaos res), map bosses... they just, yeah. Never-ending.
"
ThePrestiger wrote:
"
ThePrestiger wrote:
Which build is better, normal one or Chaos Inoculation one? I could'nt decide, can you guyz help me?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Hey yo, you wanna ask Ghazzy that directly on his twitch? I would have loved to help but im not very familiar with CI
"
deathopz wrote:

What can I do to improve my dot?

Definitely get the right flasks as in buid guide - that will cost you nearly nothing.
Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier on gear will do a lot.
Do uber-lab (its quite easy with this build and it helps a lot).
Sometimes you can get Atziri's Splendour really cheap I got mine for about 10c.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
How do you guys play?
ED + Cotagion, ED + Bane or ED + Contagion + Bane?

I would like to go with the third one buy I can't fith those in my jewel slots.

Personally I went for purely ED + Contagion and skipped Bane. I find Bane unsatisfying for the monoliths, although it does generally clear faster and helps to get to end game quicker.

If you want to get to end game quick, just use Bane till you get a high enough cast speed and switch to ED+Contagion. This ED + Contagion combo is just so awesome for clearing out monoliths quick!
My gear, re the single-target damage problems. Welcome thoughts.
"
Mozzanator wrote:
Hey all, trying this build as starter, and I have some basic questions.

1) what's the right way to cast things? contagion then ed? and totem with wither on boss?

2) is the leveling way so much different from the 3.6 video guide on the first page?

3) is hyrri's ire so much better than queen of the forest?

Thanks all in advance

edit: i saw a lot of people considering zizaran trickster ed over this one, is his so much better?

1) Yup you are right. General clearing: Contagion then ED. For bosses cast a totem to wither, and then shoot ED at the bosses and watch them waste away

3) Im not sure about Hyrri's Ire, probably due to the chance to dodge attack & spell hits and the high evasion that works well with Escape Artist ascendency to increase max ES. QoTF on the other hand has superior movement speed when flasks are all up, but suffer a speed penalty when your flasks run dry. I'd prefer running with QoTF for the fast move speed and life/res.
"
Tabaxus wrote:
So, I just... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this build seems to have *awful* single-target DPS. This extends to seeming to hit a wall with the league mechanic on the bigger guys. I've never done ED/Contagion before. Trying to mostly follow the guide.

It is right that casting ED on an enemy more than one time doesn't help with kill speed, presumably. So things like Alva Temple mobs (with their high chaos res), map bosses... they just, yeah. Never-ending.

You are correct, by itself ED has rather weak single target damage unless you scale it really high. And yes, casting it multiple times on one enemy doesn't boost its damage. There are multiple pretty easy ways to boost your single target damage and this guide explain them pretty well. You should be 1) using either Wither-Spell totem or Blight-Spell totem (if you go with blight, make sure to also use spreading rot jewel) 2) Vaal righteous fire 3) Despair curse (You can use this as a manually cast curse, use it with Bane if you wanna use Bane, or you can get the unique flask Witchfire Brew). Combining all these 3 should boost your damage a lot against those tougher bosses/single mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info