GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Fresh2000 wrote:
"
DamagePlanX wrote:
I have a few quick questions. First, I heard that in 3.7 ED+Contagion has pulled ahead of Bane. Is that true? I'm using Bane to level, is there a good time to switch back to ED+Contagion? Is it based on some sort of break point?

Also at what point does a 4L become more powerful than a +1 blue chaos wand for Bane or ED+C

hey,

did you find answer to this? I am wondering same and I can see every top league guy plays with ED+C actually. When I initially got Bane for sure damage is better and leveling is smoother, but I wonder if I should get back to Contagion.

And if I would stay with Bane why not drop ED and go soulrend instead... But again first time playing with ED so not sure anything about soulrend vs ED.

@Ghazzy would love to see updated tree to 3.7

He updated the tree yesterday the only change is on the path to EB going down to get wicked ward too.
So I'm trying out this build as a league starter, so far it's going pretty well besides the absolute trash gear I have, I am planning on trying out the Ci 2h version of the build but going ED / Contagion instead of Bane / Soulrend since I think it's possible to get more damage and around the same survivability (tonnes more regen + sustain but you lose most of the dodge chance) and the staff is dirt cheap right now.

For endgame I'm planning on keeping the cane with a 6L bane setup in the offhand for extra boss damage (PoB says bane would last for ~3.5s and the Despair for ~16s) and multimodding a +1 bow and going Soul Strike for even more defences + more damage + IMO better move skill, the downside being the needing to off colour a bow.

This is the PoB I'm aiming for if anyone's interested (still trying to tweak it though) - https://pastebin.com/yCF5sY0y

Last edited by Carrmatt93 on Jun 10, 2019, 7:11:41 AM
Whats the best new solution for CWDT and Immortal Call for this Build?
Which build is better, normal one or Chaos Inoculation one? I could'nt decide, can you guyz help me?
"
Arkhandar wrote:
"
DerAlbtraum wrote:
i got 1 question for contagion

why faster casting over intensify?

Better question : Why Spell Cascade instead of Intensify ? It's much smoother with it and the spreading is way more efficient.

Hi there,

If there are any questions, Ghazzy would prefer you guys to ask questions directly on Twtich where he can address your queries more readily!

So on the choice of spell cascade, it is his personal preference (although intensify is arguably better).

"Spell Cascade is already stacking increased AOE, hence there is a huge diminishing return on things like increased AOE stacking. So the difference between using intensify and spell cascade is very very small, as spell cascade copies over to 2 different areas over the original one."
"
Fresh2000 wrote:
"
DamagePlanX wrote:
I have a few quick questions. First, I heard that in 3.7 ED+Contagion has pulled ahead of Bane. Is that true? I'm using Bane to level, is there a good time to switch back to ED+Contagion? Is it based on some sort of break point?

Also at what point does a 4L become more powerful than a +1 blue chaos wand for Bane or ED+C

hey,

did you find answer to this? I am wondering same and I can see every top league guy plays with ED+C actually. When I initially got Bane for sure damage is better and leveling is smoother, but I wonder if I should get back to Contagion.

And if I would stay with Bane why not drop ED and go soulrend instead... But again first time playing with ED so not sure anything about soulrend vs ED.

@Ghazzy would love to see updated tree to 3.7

Hi there,

If I didn't get Ghazzy wrong, Bane is still perfectly fine for your general clearing. Same as for Soulrend, it is fine as well and down to personal preference.

However when looking at this league specifically, it is as though "It was made for ED/Contagion". The ED/Contagion spreads across the mobs when you activate the monlith and this allows you to clear them at an insane speed. (But based on personal encounters, there are some situations where the walls/doors may disrupt your contagion spread. But nonetheless the potential to clear the entire monolith in an open area is insnae! You may do a search on some ED/Contagion videos to understand its mechanics, its really fun! (This applies to delve as well where you clear a few screens of mobs with a single ED/Contagion cast xD)

I think someone posted a couple of posts earlier on the decision to switch from ED/Bane to ED/Contagion -> that is when you have a fast enough cast speed. I do agree with this as it makes the casting of contagion and ED a smoother process. Else it'll feel clunky and disrupts the flow.

Personally, i've dropped Bane entirely as ED/Contagion was a much more pleasurable process with monoliths. I don't really rush through the game and hence the decision to drop bane. If you really want to get to end game in the quickest time possible, i'd say just use bane and speed clear all the way before switching to ED/Contagion

Hope it helps Exile!
Thanks for your answers !
"
ThePrestiger wrote:
Which build is better, normal one or Chaos Inoculation one? I could'nt decide, can you guyz help me?

Does anyone know anything about this?
How do you guys play?
ED + Cotagion, ED + Bane or ED + Contagion + Bane?

I would like to go with the third one buy I can't fith those in my jewel slots.
How do we deal with Chaos resistence in Alva temple? It feels slow, is there a change we can make in order to do this specific content? Do temple room bosses always have this resistence?
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info