GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
TheWizzzard wrote:
Hey guys!

I have been playing with this build for a couple of leagues now, and this league i came up with something, which is a little different. At this point i am wondering if i made good choices and if some of the stuff i did is worth it or not.
here is my gear:

Things i wonder:
- Is it worth it to run all the auras/curses?
- Are the gloves worth it?
- Is a crafted dagger/wand with multi-mod and all the good stuff better?
- Is it worth to invest in more aoe for contaigon?

thanks for any input!

- depends on what you need. I personally think for ED, temp chain is the preferred curse. With despair/enfeeble next depending if you play sc or hc.
- idk abt the gloves, didnt really play around with it. I would imagine the curse gloves to be better though, as it can save you 4 skill points for 2nd curse.

- best weapon for ed is definitely a multimod bow with soulstrike quiver. You can stack retarded amount of gem lvl that way. check poe.ninja

- i AM running temp chains, cause i like it better :D
- thank you so much for pointing out poe.ninja, i keep forgetting
- looks like people are dropping the fortify shield charge thing for better links on wither and so. Also zelotery and a watchers eye of some kind could be nice. I probably have to drop a curse aura and use witchfire tho.
- with the gloves and an solistce vigil i might be able to fit zoleatry.

thanks for the ideas!
"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
Azuyah wrote:
Hello! Started this build yesterday and I've gotten to level 49 right now. But I do have a few questions.

Before I go into it I want to say that I play on Ps4 so the economy is way different than PC. Stuff is much more expensive usually so the "cheap" items people are mentioning here are sometimes 4-6 exalts on Ps4.

1) Am I supposed to pop ED and then Bane? I am still confused about this..

2) There is no way I can get my hands on a +1 Tabula unless I get super lucky and make one myself. Any +1 is super expensive, what can I use instead?

3) What am I supposed to respec once I transition to MoM + EB? I got some decent ES gear laying around for when I get to level 60-65 so I can probably pick it at level 70 but I don't know which nodes I should skip or respec to get to EB + MoM.

4) I will most likely not get to very high level with this character since I am a new player, are there any nodes in the 'final skill tree' I should prioritize?

I had some more questions but I totally forgot what it was I hope it wasn't important lol. The build is super fun so far though! Thanks for the guide :)

1. I assume you are playing the classic ed contagion. You put contagion then ED. the reason is ed is spread by contagion explosion. So you want the mob to have contagion as your ED can instakill. With enough cast speed, you can eventually cast ED and then contagion before your ED lands.

2. 5 link random rares or a regular tabula can bring you easily to yellow maps. No need to worry about getting +1 tabula. In fact, as your dps is very good already, a rare with high life is preferable over tabula.

3. Depends a lot on your playstyle and preference. Tankiest is actually hybrid life+es. Eb mom is also good if you wanna do more dmg as you can reserve most if not all of your mana. Since you dont have much currency, stick with basic hybrid as it is the cheapest.

4. My trickster this league is RIPOtherClasses, at lvl 59, trying to simulate fresh league as I wanna see how good ed contagion is in synthesis. You can look at it if u want.

Thanks for your answer! I am using Bane and not contagion (you're not supposed to use both right?

And for my body armor I managed to get my hands on a fairly cheap one 5L Carcass Jack. I just got to level 75 and switched to EB + MoM but I don't really understand the mechanic of it.. I used the MoM calculator and it said I was good to go (3267 life, 2743 ES and 1119 total mana).

I am using Malevolence and Discipline, I don't think I can use another aura since I reserve 85% with those two.

What can I do to increase my build right now? I want to kill The Shaper with this character, I got to T16 with my WO but I F'ed up with my build so that's why I created this character instead..

It's called Rolnoff if you look at my profile!

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!
This build is fire. I've made a few tweaks and need some work still, but my ED is at 283k DoT and 309k with flasks. Snagged a juicy Impresence Onyx Amulet a bit ago.
An update as I have finished testing chaos based trickster. Take this with a grain of salt.

I wanna compare soulrend/bane vs ed/contagion at fresh map lvl.

(Around lvl 70, gem lvl 18 or so).

Lvling starting from lvl 1. Faster to clear using explosive trap and swap to blight

Get contagion as soon as it is available but dont use it

At lvl 12 get ED and use it paired with contagion. Only stop to cast on huge dense packs. Use blight on single target

At 24 get bane to instantly blow shit up. Bane - despair - controlled dest rapes shit.

At 28 soulrend becomes available but inferior in everyway to bane (cast speed and damage)

Soulrend becomes really good starting at 38 when you get gmp AND patient reaper. Without patient reaper soulrend gmp costs too much to be practical

Keep ed and contagion in offhand weapon. Lvl intensify and inc aoe as well.

I find once we hit deeper delves, contagion+inc aoe+intensify has a huge aor and can chain clear 2-3 screens easily. Same with super dense indoor maps. At this point, imo, soulrend takes a backseat.

Sorry just a rant to share my testing with soulrend vs ed cont.

Having ED is also nice for bossing as you have time to weave blight infused channeling to blow up bosses.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Hello I am wondering which upgrades can I make towards my char I havent played for a while and just came back couple weeks ago I want to replace this legacy cloak of defiance but dunno with what.đ

thanks
Fun build.
Last edited by Danthraxx on May 10, 2019, 6:00:29 PM
Can anyone help me, I notice I have to go to Wither and enable the amount of stacks and it ups my dps alot. But by default it has it at 1 stack. Is this how we view the damage wither is giving us? I'm having alot trouble and I've already dropped alot of currency on chest, and gems, just not weapon yet.
In PoB If I put it at 15 stacks it'll show my ED at 288k+ Shaper DPS.
If I leave it alone it drops like insane.

Also I notice vaal RF is in the build which ups the dps. And I'm not using that.

Yes I'm only level 74 but already dropped alot into the build and looking future what to do. Here's my pastebin
https://pastebin.com/Sd17z0tu
yes the wand sucks, and I have other options in the drop down. Any help would be great.
Also find a weapon I can purchase I don't need to craft, I have some currency to spend. to replace what I have.

Thanks in advanced.
Last edited by daimonxp on May 11, 2019, 10:49:03 AM
Fun build do far now that I've got bane.

Qq for anyone who knows. I've started spraying what looks like occasionally projectiles when surrounded by mobs? I don't know what is causing it, can't see anything in skills or gear or tree. I think it started after first ascendency? Not sure I thought it was mobs hitting me at first .

Thanks
"
Unshiftables wrote:

Qq for anyone who knows. I've started spraying what looks like occasionally projectiles when surrounded by mobs? I don't know what is causing it, can't see anything in skills or gear or tree. I think it started after first ascendency? Not sure I thought it was mobs hitting me at first .

Thanks

rampage item or some labyrinth glove enchant
"
"
Unshiftables wrote:

Thanks

rampage item or some labyrinth glove enchant

glove enchant THAT's it. thanks was driving me bonkers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info