GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
mbuzzz23 wrote:
So this may be an incredibly misinformed, noobish question so bear with me (brand new to the game), but does placement of links matter other than the items abillity to support what size links you want? So say I have the 3 link Shield Charge set on my shield and the 3 curses on my weapon, would that make any difference?

If you want to enhance the Blight skill from the Allelopathy gloves for example (the guide does not do this - just to be clear) support gems for Blight would have to go in the gloves for the skill to benefit from them.

Also the items stat requirements are a factor worth to keep an eye on. For example if you have boots with required 60 strength and a helmet with required 100 intelligence - you will have a hard time to get 4 blue sockets on the boots - the same with 4 red sockets on the helmet. So Contagion (blue sockets) should go into the helmet and cast when damage taken (red sockets) into the boots in this case.

"
mbuzzz23 wrote:
would this be a decent time to try to pick up Allelopathy gloves and invest passive points into gem slots for the spreading rot jewels? or is it too early to benefit from that?

I'd say it doesn't really matter that much so just get them since they cost nothing ;) the gloves and two jewels also increase your Essence Drain damage.

You should set your profile public so we can see your character/items/and so on if you have further questions. Go to your forum profile and on the right side there is "privacy settings" and uncheck the boxes there.
How would a Death's Oath build go? Would you ditch the ED altogether and just use contagion + Death aura with 6 support sockets? Anyone done a build with this item that we can see?
I run Death's Oath + +2 Chaos Cane of Unraveling when I play my Trickster. Link is in my profile. I alt seap some gear, so it's missing my 2 Heup of All rings and my Stygian Belt (both on my Inquisitor). I also run a 25 ID Clear Mind (on my Sabo).

Love the setup, but wanted to try other things.
Hm, so I have to keep ED eh?
Anyway, in case I go for a Cloak of Defiance, do I keep the MoM keystone or drop it?
"
h1k3n wrote:
Anyway, in case I go for a Cloak of Defiance, do I keep the MoM keystone or drop it?

You can drop it but you'll lose all the mana nodes behind it. You may want to check out where that leaves you mana-wise in PoB before you actually do it.
Last edited by YT_HB on Jan 31, 2018, 1:37:34 PM
Hi,

Been enjoying this build for awhile and have began working on getting towards T10 maps. I seem to be dying quite often, which is making it difficult to level.

I was wondering how i should be rolling my maps, i'm pretty new to end-game content and not sure what mods to keep or mods that are an instant re-roll.

Also any advice of what to upgrade in terms of gear would be much appreciated. Currently working on getting another jewel slot for 3 grand spectrum and 6-linking a cloak of defiance.

Cheers.
"
NepNeppy wrote:
I was wondering how i should be rolling my maps, i'm pretty new to end-game content and not sure what mods to keep or mods that are an instant re-roll.

Also any advice of what to upgrade in terms of gear would be much appreciated. Currently working on getting another jewel slot for 3 grand spectrum and 6-linking a cloak of defiance. Cheers.

I don't run maps with temporal chains and players can not regenerate life or mana. Also twinned bosses can be kinda hard on some maps.

How much life and mana do you have? Try to get enough mana on your gear to use that sockets in the skill tree for damage/life jewels. The calculator for how much mana you need is in the guide.

I wouldn't advise you to get a Cloak of Defiance because you would need even more mana with it and lose a lot of DPS.

If you want to go to higher maps drop the Bisco belt for an abyss one with a socket.

Witchfire Brew (you need to take the +1 curse notes in the skilltree first of course though) is a good damage boost against rares/bosses and in general.

Get yourself (tried a little "in order of importance" here):
Witchfire Brew
Abyss belt life/triple res with a socket
Empower Level 3 (ditch that Poison gem)
Essence Drain level 21
Empower Level 4
Helmet with uber lab enchant Essence Drain damage
Rings and amulet with life/mana/res/damage
Hi,

Love the build, it's my second character that went over lvl 50, but im still a big noob when it comes to knowing what gear to use, save, craft, vendor etc.

LVL 56 is when i started to get in more trouble, running low on life sometimes, but the damage is great. My gear needs a lot of improvements but im not sure what to go with. I got 4chaos orbs and 10 alchs for gear.

This is what im using right now:
Only two gems are properly linked :/

I really don't know what i should be looking for. Oh and i took Mind Over Matter at lvl 54, is it too early? I only have one jewel socket as well.

"
Nonstopas wrote:
I really don't know what i should be looking for. Oh and i took Mind Over Matter at lvl 54, is it too early? I only have one jewel socket as well.

Hmm I can't see why you would have that much problems to be honest. Especially with a 6-linked Essence Drain with Empower level 3 on level 56. Do you run out of mana without beeing damaged?

But:

You should have taken the 3 mana notes behind Mind over Matter too before going for that jewel socket (with that First Snow jewel that gives you nothing ;) it's not the projectile from ED which does our main damage, it's the damage over time after the projectile hits)

Walk the Aether ascendancy gives you nothing but speed. Patient Reaper would have been / will be huge for survivability and mana regeneration.

You should be looking for rare items to get your resistances capped while there is also life and mana on them (the calculator for how much unreserved mana you'll need to get the full effect from MoM is in the guide).
Your rare items should be helmet, amulet, both rings, belt, boots since you're aiming to buy Allelopathy gloves, Rathpith Globe and Breath of the Council when you reach their level requirements.

i just want to thank you for the guide, soo good so far .
just 1 question , how much hp should i aim for to safely do anything , atm im at 4600 HP (4300 with bisco belt) , 1450 ES , with 2382 unreserved mana without "Dreamer" on tree so i guess i dont need any more mana and spec the health nods
thanks in advance
Last edited by Bouzebal on Feb 2, 2018, 6:19:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info