GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
setcamper wrote:
Having a lot of trouble finding enough mana on gear to maintain the golden ratio of mana:health discussed throughout guide. Sitting just above 5k HP, but my total mana pool sits somewhere around 2k without an aura, and dips down around 1k with Enfeeble and Clarity (testing whether or not Clarity is even worth using).

You have no mana on both rings, amulet, helmet (low roll), belt. No Grand Spectrum Jewel. Could also get a rare shield with more damage, more life and mana.
Could take a look at your tree again. For example: You take the two mana notes below Deep Wisdom but could get more out of two skill points with Soul Siphon right at the beginning of the skill tree. So my advise would be to skill out of the two notes below Deep Wisdom, skill out of the Curroption wheel and get Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker (also at the start of the tree).

"
setcamper wrote:
Any recommendations? This is my first "serious" character in PoE/League and I'm finding myself torn by all the information about the variation of this build. Also I have no idea how much I should be spending on item upgrades. Still squeamish on spending more than 5 or so Chaos, which is basically nothing to most players.

I would try to solve that mana problem first while staying resistance caped and not losing to much life. Next thing is a +1 to socketed gems corrupted Tabula Rasa imho (shouldn't be that expensive anymore).

"
setcamper wrote:
Approaching Lvl 20 on most gems- I see the post above about what to level but it's a little over my head and the link doesn't work. Prism everything related to damage?

You can sell a level 20 gem with one Gemcutters to a vendor to get the gem back at level 1 / 20% quality. I do this all the time. But keep in mind you probably have to run lower maps till the gems are back at level 13 or something.

"
setcamper wrote:
EDIT: Also, is there a way to see character stats when looking at a profile? I can only find gear and passive skill tree?

Not that I know of. But there is this tool "path of building" where you can load chars into it to see all kinds of stats.
what is the actual recommended +1 all gem chest besides tabula?

should i stay off of low life? i hear some run as ll variant

"

That would be Skin of the Loyal (+1 standard or +2 in exceptional cases). Alternatively you can go for 6L +3 staff

Prices:
Skin of the Loyal +1 = max 50c
Skin of the Loyal +2 >10 ex
Staff +3 -> can be self made with around 7ex (full version. Basic for ca 5ex). Tutorial is on youtube.
"
"

That would be Skin of the Loyal (+1 standard or +2 in exceptional cases). Alternatively you can go for 6L +3 staff

Prices:
Skin of the Loyal +1 = max 50c
Skin of the Loyal +2 >10 ex
Staff +3 -> can be self made with around 7ex (full version. Basic for ca 5ex). Tutorial is on youtube.

if were talking min max gear. what am i aiming for to play in a 6man t15-16 rotation?
"

if were talking min max gear. what am i aiming for to play in a 6man t15-16 rotation?

I'd say +3 staff with Belly/Kaom/Cherrubim/Cloak
"
ooFunky wrote:
"

ok so i dont do crafting and i dont see any already made staffs for sale. is it worth to just use a cane of unraveling since it has +2? or should i just stick to the rathpit at that point with a +2 loval skin or use a +1 defiance?
Last edited by ClosedBetaSupporter on Jan 26, 2018, 11:28:11 AM
"
"
ooFunky wrote:
"

ok so i dont do crafting and i dont see any already made staffs for sale. is it worth to just use a cane of unraveling since it has +2? or should i just stick to the rathpit at that point with a +2 loval skin or use a +1 defiance?

I haven't seen any numbers testing it out, but I'd bet that the difference in cost between a perfect +2/80% chaos damage cane and a perfect +3/68% spell damage crafted staff isn't worth the damage difference.

If you do make the switch, don't limit yourself to unique chest pieces. I'd look for high end life/mana/resist rolls in order to balance out the lost 10% to life rathpith's gives and make running fun uniques (bisco/atziri step/etc) in other spots feasible. The chest piece will be relatively cheap (since it's not 6link) compared to similar life/mana/resist rolls on boots/belt/helm.

One other consideration, if you switch to a cane/staff your gems will have to avoid "% damage while holding a shield" modifiers, which will increase their cost and lower their max damage buff. You might want to scale back the number of gem slots you hit unless you can afford high end gems at the same time you drop the shield.

EDIT: I just went and looked at prices and you can pick up a +2 staff with 65%+ to spell damage for less than 1ex. So I would suggest NOT buying a cane of unraveling at 3ex plus. Pick up either a +2 (<1ex) or +3 (12ex+) crafted staff depending on budget.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jan 26, 2018, 4:24:56 PM
"
I haven't seen any numbers testing it out, but I'd bet that the difference in cost between a perfect +2/80% chaos damage cane and a perfect +3/68% spell damage crafted staff isn't worth the damage difference.

If you do make the switch, don't limit yourself to unique chest pieces. I'd look for high end life/mana/resist rolls in order to balance out the lost 10% to life rathpith's gives and make running fun uniques (bisco/atziri step/etc) in other spots feasible. The chest piece will be relatively cheap (since it's not 6link) compared to similar life/mana/resist rolls on boots/belt/helm.

One other consideration, if you switch to a cane/staff your gems will have to avoid "% damage while holding a shield" modifiers, which will increase their cost and lower their max damage buff. You might want to scale back the number of gem slots you hit unless you can afford high end gems at the same time you drop the shield.

EDIT: I just went and looked at prices and you can pick up a +2 staff with 65%+ to spell damage for less than 1ex. So I would suggest NOT buying a cane of unraveling at 3ex plus. Pick up either a +2 (<1ex) or +3 (12ex+) crafted staff depending on budget.

i dont find it worth going over to staff then i guess if i cant get a +3 so id prob stay 1hand and shield till a staff like that shows up.

there is a +2 royal skin with needed colors but its 60ex. idk how important the defense mod is for it but there was no +1 all defiance and i dont see myself liking the deaths oath. seems like staying tab and 1h and shield would be my best bet for now.
Last edited by ClosedBetaSupporter on Jan 26, 2018, 7:40:48 PM
"
"

i dont find it worth going over to staff then i guess if i cant get a +3 so id prob stay 1hand and shield till a staff like that shows up.

there is a +2 royal skin with needed colors but its 60ex. idk how important the defense mod is for it but there was no +1 all defiance and i dont see myself liking the deaths oath. seems like staying tab and 1h and shield would be my best bet for now.

there are +3 staffs available in both abyss and standard. The best one in Abyss is Sol Gnarl Eclipse Staff sold by Destrinox for 15ex

Guys, could you give me some help for the last step in the game? Comin really far with this build so far, running uber lab and atziri without problems, even maps up to shaper guardians aren't a struggle. but once i reach a guardian or uber atziri, life starts to become difficult. in my passive tree, i went for a build with mor life and less mana w/o mom, which works out just fine - until now. but really looking for upgrades right now, especially since end-game bosses seem to require a lot more damage. farming for currency to buy better items shouldn't be the problem. happy about any advice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info