GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Bouzebal wrote:
i just want to thank you for the guide, soo good so far .
just 1 question , how much hp should i aim for to safely do anything , atm im at 4600 HP (4300 with bisco belt) , 1450 ES , with 2382 unreserved mana without "Dreamer" on tree so i guess i dont need any more mana and spec the health nods
thanks in advance

Can't tell you a sweet spot but I'd say at least aim for 5500.

5500 would need round about 2350 unreserved mana for the full Mind over Matter effect so this would fit your mana pool at the moment quite perfectly.
"
Hmm I can't see why you would have that much problems to be honest. Especially with a 6-linked Essence Drain with Empower level 3 on level 56. Do you run out of mana without beeing damaged?

But:

You should have taken the 3 mana notes behind Mind over Matter too before going for that jewel socket (with that First Snow jewel that gives you nothing ;) it's not the projectile from ED which does our main damage, it's the damage over time after the projectile hits)

Walk the Aether ascendancy gives you nothing but speed. Patient Reaper would have been / will be huge for survivability and mana regeneration.

You should be looking for rare items to get your resistances capped while there is also life and mana on them (the calculator for how much unreserved mana you'll need to get the full effect from MoM is in the guide).
Your rare items should be helmet, amulet, both rings, belt, boots since you're aiming to buy Allelopathy gloves, Rathpith Globe and Breath of the Council when you reach their level requirement

Thanks, i swapped the jewel to spreading rot since i had one from a drop. I took the 3 mana nodes as well. Should i go for cruel preparation next or retribution in my skill tree?
Do you guys have as hard a time finding the really good high level ring / amulet with life/mana/res/damage? I'll get one page on poe trade with maybe a few that fit the criteria...I dont mind paying 50 plus c for it, although I can't afford more that 1 ex for one, and them I am not sure it's worth spending that much on...I do see a lot that dont seem that good for 3 or more ex...crazy. Maybe I am just searching wrong.

Last edited by Badtwo on Feb 3, 2018, 5:25:24 PM
"
Badtwo wrote:
Do you guys have as hard a time finding the really good high level ring / amulet with life/mana/res/damage? I'll get one page on poe trade with maybe a few that fit the criteria...I dont mind paying 50 plus c for it, although I can't afford more that 1 ex for one, and them I am not sure it's worth spending that much on...I do see a lot that dont seem that good for 3 or more ex...crazy. Maybe I am just searching wrong.

Decent life/mana/res rings aren't that hard to come by. But ones with damage require the ring to either be a shaper drop or envy essence crafted. The first is fairly rare and therefore expensive. The second is normally kept by the crafter and not for sale.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Feb 3, 2018, 6:52:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm level 85 (highest I've gotten in PoE!), i have most of the main items and am working on lvling up my Empower. I swapped out my Biscos for the stygian to get some chaos resist because it was so low.

Can you guys give me any tips on what I need to upgrade?

"
Snarky85 wrote:

I noticed, that occasionally some monsters don't seem to stay affected by Essence Drain, they get hit by ED, lose a couple hp. But then almost instantly they lose the ED buff and don't take any more damage, until I hit them with another ED. Like, a group of 50 enemies dies, and one white mob randomly survives and takes 20 seconds of permanent ED bombardment to die. Is this some map/monster/sextant affix I need to care about?

Had this happen again, and it seems to be caused by the map affix "Monsters have a % chance to avoid Poison, Blind and Bleeding". Apparently, Essence Drain counts as "Poison" for that mod, and occasionally you just get monsters, that avoid a lot of instances for the DoT. In that case, they only take the projectile damage from Essence Drain, which is obviously really low compared to the DoT.
"
IANLINC0LN wrote:
Hi all,

I'm level 85 (highest I've gotten in PoE!), i have most of the main items and am working on lvling up my Empower. I swapped out my Biscos for the stygian to get some chaos resist because it was so low.

Can you guys give me any tips on what I need to upgrade?

Im not expert at this but your items looks fine expect your rings, ammy and helmet.
You don't need ele penetration since chaos damage isn't elemental. And i suppose you don't need lvl 22 vitality. I would ditch all of your rings and amulets buy life(+60) + mana and you can get better resistances. You should at least have +50 life on your rings and always aim for mana.

You can get really high life rolls(better then your rings) on your helmets too plus you can get mana rolls on that if it int based. Im using str/int based one with 3 res and life+mana.

I bought lv 20 ed gem for really cheap(corrupted) while my ed is lvl 16 it was really huge dps boost. Since yours is lv 19 already you can keep it. You should increase your empower quality for up to 100% inc in exp gained for that gem if you have the money. And equip some ed gems in your alternate weapon tab for corrupting to get 21 lv ed gems. Gems have small change to get lv21 when corrupted by vaal orb at lv 20 and you should make them 20q before vaaling.

Since you are lvl 85 i think you have some jewel slots open. I didn't buy grand spectrum jewels yet cause i dont have the money but got some spreading rot ones. You can increase your dps to bosses with 2 spreading rot jewel. You can change your abbys jewel to something with life mana and increased damage if you have killed recently / damage over time when equipped shield. I would prefer the first one.

You didnt share it but if you don't have the witchfire brew you should get it asap it nearly doubles your dps.

Last thing chaos res doesnt matter that much in my opinion try to get increased flask duration on your belt for qol. You can check my profile it is a budget build but you can always get something with better stats if you want to spend more.

Last edited by EternalKiss on Feb 4, 2018, 5:02:54 AM
Loving this build. Just a quick question. Dropped this jewel
Is it any good since it doesn´t have any life on it?
"
Snarky85 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

The last question sounds a bit wierd, the only logical explanations are these:
a) The target was out of range for contagion to spread to it
b) The target was spawned from any of the original targets dying (example being Knitted Horrors spawning a few guys when they die) hence they are unaffected by your auto spreading damage.

No idea. I thought, this might be a known problem.

For the few instances I encountered this, it was mostly some random mob standing right in the middle of some group, so definitely not out of range. The last instance I remember was definitely not spawned after everything died, it was a monster, that was part of the group from the beginning.

Also, the strange thing was not, that it was unaffected by the contagion spread. Even hitting the mob directly with a new, self-cast ED doesn't seem to phase it. It loses hp for a second, and just loses the dot debuff or something. I can kill it eventually, by repeatedly casting ED on it, with every ED causing minimal damage.

So this is not some common modifier for monsters of any kind? And it never happened to you? Strange...

Never heard of this issue before, I think you should type "/bug" and report it to GGG this is the first time I ever hear of this, and it clearly sounds like a bug to me!

"
Sharmi wrote:
Loving this build. Just a quick question. Dropped this jewel
Is it any good since it doesn´t have any life on it?

That's one hell of a nice jewel!
Well, it's up to you if you don't feel the need for the HP :)

----------------

@ooFunky:

Wow... You pretty much covered everyone, thank you again :)

Also, thank you for others helping eachother out, this thread is beginning to look like my Discord community where we are all working together to make sure everyone is having a good time!

If anyone feel that their question has gone unanswered, post it again and I will make sure to answer it personally. But from the looks of it, it looks like everyone got covered for this round! ;)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

My current inv. I hit Mercless and now my resistances are not stacked anymore. Should i go for all the cheaper uniques like gloves and boots and the shield that is required during this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info