GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Found a 6link staff and i will use it till i have better options. Id love to run this build with curses, because there are fine. That new Chest armor doedre's skin summons a thing with 6 blasphemy options and maybe this will be fun with doedre´s scorn. TC, Enfeeble, Despair dont need to be argumented. The remaining sockets could be projectile weakness(pierce (projectile dmg?)), poachers mark (Flask charges (frencys)), warlords mark (leech, endurance charges). It all matters on the item mechanics. If we have to reserve mana for blasphemy, this is no option. If we summon a minion that uses blasphemy on itself, then the question is about the movement of that minion and the aoe of blasphemy. but IF this is all fine, then we have a huge curse buff and up to 120% increased dmg with doedre's scorn. The benefits: Leech, flaskcharges, charges. The costs: we need to socket ED somewhere else. Like in a staff or in one of this new pseudo-xlinks.

probable this needs a complete different build. but this new chest seems so interesting and curses are fun :D
(you even have mana leech from warlords mark and that makes MoM happy)

Other question: My 6linkstaff is GGGBBR and on leaguestart there is no empower: i socketed Damage on full life, but this had no effect to the tooltip. why?

Next question: i combined contation with spellcascade. the spread of contagion doesnt have the cascade effect, it is only smaller. if this will be fixed, do you think it is possible to overlap contagion? Normaly contagion doesnt overlap, right?

Last Question: Is the spread ED still a "hit"? Contagion has no hit, but for doedre´s scorn i need a hit. And for curse on hit (the flask).

So many questions but the progress to play your build is really fun!
(by the way: There is not a fucking single mod on this new jewels that boosts debuffs. this is a pain. the 10% increased dmg over time are a waste of sockets.)
Last edited by oedipat on Dec 9, 2017, 12:15:14 PM
"
Out of date leveling skill tree links.

The 39 and 71 point trees seem up to date, at least it doesn't give me the 3.0 warning.
"
Hcw87 wrote:
"
Out of date leveling skill tree links.

The 39 and 71 point trees seem up to date, at least it doesn't give me the 3.0 warning.

It's because GGG has been slow at updating the skilltree here on the website as the tree links are taken straight from the up-to-date PoB. Everything should work here on the website within a day or two, if you need them earlier I suggest using PoB as it's much smoother & faster tbh and also doesn't get affected by servers being down for patching.

"
theamato wrote:
sorry, can't sift through all the pages for an answer here but what's our opinion on Pierce (either the support or the cluster)? Leveling feels kind of clunky without it, so i'm unsure how mapping would feel.

if we use it, what would the ideal 5L be? ED-CD-Swift-VM-Pierce?

Hey,

Yeah... that's understandable! This build guide has been... well, active :P
I personally never liked using Pierce even before Allelopathy gloves were introduced. Speaking of, once you get those gloves Blight will help you deal with Vaal Totems and/or "Nearby Allies Cannot Die" rares.

Ultimately, it's a matter of taste, usually I wouldn't want to use Pierce or Decay or anything else unless it's the very last link (6L) till I can afford a lvl 3+ Empower.

"
BzyxXx wrote:
Yeah. I have 2 question. What option in 6 socket when we don;t have empoer lvl 3 and second question. We need shield charge or we can use Whirling blades for movement skill?

The guide states that if you can't afford or get a lvl 3+ Empower the options are these:
Pierce (matter of taste, I personally hate this)
Decay (my personal favorite)
Poison (meh)

Whirling Blades vs Shield Charge => What ever you prefer! :)

"
oedipat wrote:
Found a 6link staff and i will use it till i have better options. Id love to run this build with curses, because there are fine. That new Chest armor doedre's skin summons a thing with 6 blasphemy options and maybe this will be fun with doedre´s scorn. TC, Enfeeble, Despair dont need to be argumented. The remaining sockets could be projectile weakness(pierce (projectile dmg?)), poachers mark (Flask charges (frencys)), warlords mark (leech, endurance charges). It all matters on the item mechanics. If we have to reserve mana for blasphemy, this is no option. If we summon a minion that uses blasphemy on itself, then the question is about the movement of that minion and the aoe of blasphemy. but IF this is all fine, then we have a huge curse buff and up to 120% increased dmg with doedre's scorn. The benefits: Leech, flaskcharges, charges. The costs: we need to socket ED somewhere else. Like in a staff or in one of this new pseudo-xlinks.

probable this needs a complete different build. but this new chest seems so interesting and curses are fun :D
(you even have mana leech from warlords mark and that makes MoM happy)

Other question: My 6linkstaff is GGGBBR and on leaguestart there is no empower: i socketed Damage on full life, but this had no effect to the tooltip. why?

Next question: i combined contation with spellcascade. the spread of contagion doesnt have the cascade effect, it is only smaller. if this will be fixed, do you think it is possible to overlap contagion? Normaly contagion doesnt overlap, right?

Last Question: Is the spread ED still a "hit"? Contagion has no hit, but for doedre´s scorn i need a hit. And for curse on hit (the flask).

So many questions but the progress to play your build is really fun!
(by the way: There is not a fucking single mod on this new jewels that boosts debuffs. this is a pain. the 10% increased dmg over time are a waste of sockets.)

Hey,

Think you're gonna have to elaborate a bit for me here, I didn't understand what it was you wanted to ask in the first "question"? :S

Damage on Full Life only supports "attack skills" Essence Drain is a spell, that's why it isn't working. As mentioned earlier in this response post the options are:
Pierce (matter of taste, I personally hate this)
Decay (my personal favorite)
Poison (meh)

Yeah, I don't think cascade will work well for this build which is why I never changed the guides information on the links for Contagion, so you still want to use Increased AoE.

Essence Drain shoots a projectile, which "hits" that hit will leave a DoT the DoT itself is spread and NOT considered a "hit".

Regarding the new jewels, mods that affect the damage output of Essence Drain:

* Damage over Time
* Spell DMG
* Spell DMG whilst dual wielding/wielding a staff/wielding a shield etc etc depending on what you're wearing, some likes to play this with a +3 staff, I like the 1h/shield approach.
* % Chaos DMG

Hope the answer is sufficient :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the build, Ghazzy. Really nice, enjoyable stuff you get here!

One question: For the immortal call, I need endurance charges, but I don't see yet where they will come from?
(I'm not an old player in poe, sorry for my dumb question if it is.)

Thanks
H
I think Ghazzy use ring with socked and he have endurance cry inside. You must cast it manualy.

p.s sory for my english

p.s2 Ghazzy thanks for build !
"
Zekanyd wrote:
Hi everyone!

One question: For the immortal call, I need endurance charges, but I don't see yet where they will come from?

Thanks
H

Pretty sure Immortal Call when used with Cast When Damage Taken will automatically cast a free lvl 1 Immortal Call when it activates. No need for Endurance Charges. This is what i've been told in the past at least.
Started my new Abyss league char and guess what? It's ED time again ;)

Still wondering whether I should kill all bandits or go with Alira again. Up until much later, the 15% all res makes gearing much easier (in endgame, you find enough good stuff so that it's not a big deal). Endgame those 2 skill points are worth more (I think).

One option could be to roll with Alira and "respec" later.

EDIT: yes, CwDT procs the IC and you can leave IC at level 1 if you like, the level increases don't do anything for this build (since we don't have endurance charges).
Last edited by Garyas on Dec 10, 2017, 7:23:51 AM
"
Zekanyd wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks
H

Hey,

Cheers!

First of, never apologize for asking in my stream/discord/youtube/guide threads. I'm happy to help anyone from a complete beginner to a veteran with more complex questions.

Immortal Call doesn't need Endurance Charges to function, though the duration of the effect you recieve is VERY low. This still helps you from getting insta killed by things like Bone Husks & Porcupine packs which is the reason we have the setup :)

"
Garyas wrote:
Started my new Abyss league char and guess what? It's ED time again ;)

Still wondering whether I should kill all bandits or go with Alira again. Up until much later, the 15% all res makes gearing much easier (in endgame, you find enough good stuff so that it's not a big deal). Endgame those 2 skill points are worth more (I think).

One option could be to roll with Alira and "respec" later.

EDIT: yes, CwDT procs the IC and you can leave IC at level 1 if you like, the level increases don't do anything for this build (since we don't have endurance charges).

Hey,

Honestly, I'd kill all but saving alira is "okeyish". You're correct on the effects of the bandit choices, though respeccing is annoyingly expensive imo.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Essence Drain shoots a projectile, which "hits" that hit will leave a DoT the DoT itself is spread and NOT considered a "hit".

Regarding the new jewels, mods that affect the damage output of Essence Drain:

* Damage over Time
* Spell DMG
* Spell DMG whilst dual wielding/wielding a staff/wielding a shield etc etc depending on what you're wearing, some likes to play this with a +3 staff, I like the 1h/shield approach.
* % Chaos DMG

Hope the answer is sufficient :)

Okay, first of all, your answers are always much better than my questions, so thank you!

The "hit" thing is really disappointing. That just means, that you cant spread curses with curse on hit in gear, is that right? I never noticed that and i thought the witchfire brew has a curse on hit despair but it is an aura...

The jewel thing is easy: the maximum amount of dmg boost from one abyss jewel is.... tadadadaaaaa: >> 14% increased DoT <<. Lel. This is a joke if you look to all this flat dmg options.
Hi there !

First time play ED, was a bit sceptical first about pace and clear speed, but turns out it's really great !

Does anyone tried both Cloak of Defiance and Perfect Form+Atziri's Step with this build ? I can't decide which one to use in the end, both are quite interesting. Basically it's insane mana pool/regen + 10% additional mitigation vs. Life, free AA, Spell Dodge and some evasion.

Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info