GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

what do with stun? its real problem,because i dont have time for cast ED after contagion. mobs run rush me and...see in town
Greetings Ghazzy

First off, thanks a ton for your guides! Your great work is truely apreciated.

Spent wayyy too long trying to figure out why you pick up Frenetic (the +1 frenzy charge) in your first 39 points, why is that? I just can't find the reason anywhere (I know trickster gets frenzycharge generation, but that is way later).

PS. even after 400+ hours I am still feel a newbie at this game so bare with me
I switched from Brightbeak to Breath and holy cow it felt like I was walking in mud the entire time. After getting use to the 50% attack speed with shield charge Breath was not an easy transition.
"
oedipat wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Essence Drain shoots a projectile, which "hits" that hit will leave a DoT the DoT itself is spread and NOT considered a "hit".

Regarding the new jewels, mods that affect the damage output of Essence Drain:

* Damage over Time
* Spell DMG
* Spell DMG whilst dual wielding/wielding a staff/wielding a shield etc etc depending on what you're wearing, some likes to play this with a +3 staff, I like the 1h/shield approach.
* % Chaos DMG

Hope the answer is sufficient :)

Okay, first of all, your answers are always much better than my questions, so thank you!

The "hit" thing is really disappointing. That just means, that you cant spread curses with curse on hit in gear, is that right? I never noticed that and i thought the witchfire brew has a curse on hit despair but it is an aura...

The jewel thing is easy: the maximum amount of dmg boost from one abyss jewel is.... tadadadaaaaa: >> 14% increased DoT <<. Lel. This is a joke if you look to all this flat dmg options.

Haha, cheers bro :)
I do my best.

"
Akalamiammiam wrote:
Hi there !

First time play ED, was a bit sceptical first about pace and clear speed, but turns out it's really great !

Does anyone tried both Cloak of Defiance and Perfect Form+Atziri's Step with this build ? I can't decide which one to use in the end, both are quite interesting. Basically it's insane mana pool/regen + 10% additional mitigation vs. Life, free AA, Spell Dodge and some evasion.

Thanks !

The ammount of times I've done this build I always opt for a cheap ass +1 corrupted tabula, even for higher budget except the time I went crazy and got myself a +1 corrupted skin of the loyal :P

"
edm161 wrote:
what do with stun? its real problem,because i dont have time for cast ED after contagion. mobs run rush me and...see in town

Pantheon can help you avoid getting chain-stunned. Other than that you can't go all too crazy shield charging into packs, this build is resilient, but it's far from a tank.. keep distance!

"
Bharzaros wrote:
Greetings Ghazzy

First off, thanks a ton for your guides! Your great work is truely apreciated.

Spent wayyy too long trying to figure out why you pick up Frenetic (the +1 frenzy charge) in your first 39 points, why is that? I just can't find the reason anywhere (I know trickster gets frenzycharge generation, but that is way later).

PS. even after 400+ hours I am still feel a newbie at this game so bare with me

Hey,

Thank you, means a lot to hear that the time invested is appreciated <3

Well, I've been having an internal struggle on that one... Previously I always opted for Walk the Aether as my first ascendancy node, but with the Swift Killer buffs I started checking that as my first node which promoted early extra frenzy charges.

"
yeowoh wrote:
I switched from Brightbeak to Breath and holy cow it felt like I was walking in mud the entire time. After getting use to the 50% attack speed with shield charge Breath was not an easy transition.

Haha, classic ;)
Any switch from Brightbeak to more optimal weapon for any build feels like that! Though your DPS should have skyrocketed allowing you to maintain a great clear speed at higher tier maps :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Does the cane of unravelling have a place in the 3.1 version of this build?
"
dunaeri wrote:

I was wondering that myself as well.

What about the Impresence (Chaos) amulet? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Impresence_(Chaos)
"
dunaeri wrote:

I plan on using it since Breath is madly expensive atm
Should I use Essence of Delirium Dagger + Breath of the Council once I can get currency or should I stick with Dagger/Breath of the Council + Rathpith Globe (shield).
That said, which one is really better: Breath of the Council or EoD dagger?
Check my YouTube Channel if you want :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeoOliveAmar
Hi.

Need some basic noob / first time play tips.
I have experience with diablo II + I have played this game to act II one time for a few years ago so got the basic.

I am now a level 42 trickster. Have gotten to Occultist's domination in the passive tree and picked up Walk the Aether. I have gotten to act 4 to the Crystal Veins.

Things are going okay and I dont need any big help with progress so far, but I tend to spend to much time om items / sockets and what gems to use, because its hard to deside what you should use.

I have gotten most of the gems, but at I guess I dont need to use so many at this point of the game.
So to save time on what to look for, what should I consentrate to get on my way to level 50 and 60?
Any special socket / links or items with resistance or other things?

Basic items / gems I got:

3 socket wand with 11 % increased spell damage:
ESSENCE DRAINE
Void Manipulation
Controlled Destruction

2 socket shield with 11 % increased spell damage + critical strike for spells + maximum energy shield + 3 % to all resistance
CONTAGION
Arcane Surge (level 3, also got level 9 on hold)

3 socket gloves with alot of armour, +16 dexterity and fire and cold resistance
WITHER
Spell Totem support
Increased Duration

And I got Clarity in my boots. And other basic items for helm, belt, rings and amulet.

I use most ED and Contagion on clearing and sometime wither (totem). Do I need a sword or anything for Shield Charge?
When should I be looking for that? And what weapon to wear? What support gems should I try to add to ED and Contagion? Many small questions but need only some tips and guidance.

Ozon
Last edited by Odd_the_king on Dec 11, 2017, 2:40:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info