GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Jinmutenno wrote:
hey ghazzy, im crossing fingers for patch notes to not nerf this build. I hope you can make to cover all your duties and to find job :)

Thoughts on what's been released so far? Spell Cascade Support could work nice with contagion.

Cheers!

Cascade support is potentially good but could also be completely wasted. I've never felt the need to invest heavily to increased AoE effects for Contagion for a good spread despite AoE nerfs as we are using Increased AoE.

Either way, I believe this build will be among the first if not the first build to get an updated youtube video for 3.1 as I never got around to sort it for 3.0.

"
coutoo wrote:
Thanks for the build. I also tried it to get 1-90 in turmoil race and it worked pretty well.

Got lucky with drops early on (Tabula Rasa and Lifesprig in Act1). Later I got the Cloak but didn't manage to get it 6l, but I also didn't feel the need of more survibility. Instead I tried to go a more damage glass canon oriented route :D. Worth mentioning in your guide is maybe Cherrubim's Maleficence (low budget) and Skin of the Loyal (high budget).

So I just bought Skin of the Loyal (2ex), Rathpith Globe, Grand Spectrum Jewels and Empower 1.
I was able to farm up to t13 easily (had no higher drops until I got 90).

Ended up with this gear:

Gear

Now I think about using this build in SSF next league. Maybe it can capitalize from pseudo 6l shaped/elder Items for buffing damage of contagion. Or +1 gem rare Chest with other mods.

Everything looks very solid indeed :)
Yeah this build will require a big detail check when 3.1 hits.
If all goes as planed I'll be able to race in the opening league which means all build updates are postponed 1-2 weeks but before the league release there should be a few days in which I'll most likely stream the updates on the theoretical state and later on I'll get the videos updated just like I did for 3.0.

"
What does the frenzy charge in the passive tree do for the build?

Swift Killer
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
@coutoo:

I would prefer a Dagger or Sceptre over Wand, so that you can use Shield Charge (or Whirling Blades). Especially since that particular wand doesn't do anything for you (well, except for 75% spell damage, which should be easy enough to get on rare items).
Curious Ghazzy what is your opinion on doing ED specifically life variants like this in SSF or even beginning of the league, it seems like at first it would be super easy until I remember we have to get ourselves either an essence dagger or a botc to really push ourselves and those can be hard to obtain. Admittedly last league I didn't play ED until 2 weeks in when BotC prices had finally stabilized but seems like it could potentially be a pain.
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Jinmutenno wrote:
hey ghazzy, im crossing fingers for patch notes to not nerf this build. I hope you can make to cover all your duties and to find job :)

Thoughts on what's been released so far? Spell Cascade Support could work nice with contagion.

Cheers!

Cascade support is potentially good but could also be completely wasted. I've never felt the need to invest heavily to increased AoE effects for Contagion for a good spread despite AoE nerfs as we are using Increased AoE.

Either way, I believe this build will be among the first if not the first build to get an updated youtube video for 3.1 as I never got around to sort it for 3.0.

"
coutoo wrote:
Thanks for the build. I also tried it to get 1-90 in turmoil race and it worked pretty well.

Got lucky with drops early on (Tabula Rasa and Lifesprig in Act1). Later I got the Cloak but didn't manage to get it 6l, but I also didn't feel the need of more survibility. Instead I tried to go a more damage glass canon oriented route :D. Worth mentioning in your guide is maybe Cherrubim's Maleficence (low budget) and Skin of the Loyal (high budget).

So I just bought Skin of the Loyal (2ex), Rathpith Globe, Grand Spectrum Jewels and Empower 1.
I was able to farm up to t13 easily (had no higher drops until I got 90).

Ended up with this gear:

Gear

Now I think about using this build in SSF next league. Maybe it can capitalize from pseudo 6l shaped/elder Items for buffing damage of contagion. Or +1 gem rare Chest with other mods.

Everything looks very solid indeed :)
Yeah this build will require a big detail check when 3.1 hits.
If all goes as planed I'll be able to race in the opening league which means all build updates are postponed 1-2 weeks but before the league release there should be a few days in which I'll most likely stream the updates on the theoretical state and later on I'll get the videos updated just like I did for 3.0.

"
What does the frenzy charge in the passive tree do for the build?

Swift Killer

Great, I'll be checking around for these streamings, I do want to race next league too so all info/discussion relating this build before league starts will be welcome.

"
Tagnol wrote:
Curious Ghazzy what is your opinion on doing ED specifically life variants like this in SSF or even beginning of the league, it seems like at first it would be super easy until I remember we have to get ourselves either an essence dagger or a botc to really push ourselves and those can be hard to obtain. Admittedly last league I didn't play ED until 2 weeks in when BotC prices had finally stabilized but seems like it could potentially be a pain.

A rare spell dmg dagger can give more damage than BoTC, though you kind of want the duration for easier "rotations" vs bosses later. I think people put too much value in BotC or essence crafted weapon.

ED has always been considered among the strongest & faster league starter builds and also one of the easiest to gear and become efficient with in SSF. The top tier 6L can be an easily farmed Tabula Rasa, if you really want you can farm enough to get that sweet +1 corruption as well.

The only real problematic step is when you want to go from this to become a more efficient boss killer which to make it as easy as possible for ED means either ES version or keep this version but throw the 1h/shield for a +3 chaos staff which will require either a lot of currency or some lucky crafting in SSF.

-----------------

@Jinmutenno:

Cheers! <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Garyas wrote:
@coutoo:

I would prefer a Dagger or Sceptre over Wand, so that you can use Shield Charge (or Whirling Blades). Especially since that particular wand doesn't do anything for you (well, except for 75% spell damage, which should be easy enough to get on rare items).

Yes, I also tried to get a suitable dagger or sceptre. But I wasted alot of currency on experiments with Cloak of Defiance, The Perfect Form and Cherrubims Malefiance and then I had not enough left to get a decent one. Additionally I was kind of lazy early on and almost reached my goal when I started to trade/watch out for better mainhand. I also thought wrongly that Breath of the Council is a guaranteed drop and so I wasted some currency on buying silver coins (without luck on plaguemaw in the end). Next time I'll be smarter :-).

Edit: I just remembered that I also was very unlucky with trials for uber lab. Just finished 3/6 and didn't spec into Walk the Aether.
Last edited by coutoo on Nov 20, 2017, 12:03:00 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Tagnol wrote:

A rare spell dmg dagger can give more damage than BoTC, though you kind of want the duration for easier "rotations" vs bosses later. I think people put too much value in BotC or essence crafted weapon.

ED has always been considered among the strongest & faster league starter builds and also one of the easiest to gear and become efficient with in SSF. The top tier 6L can be an easily farmed Tabula Rasa, if you really want you can farm enough to get that sweet +1 corruption as well.

The only real problematic step is when you want to go from this to become a more efficient boss killer which to make it as easy as possible for ED means either ES version or keep this version but throw the 1h/shield for a +3 chaos staff which will require either a lot of currency or some lucky crafting in SSF.

-----------------

@Jinmutenno:

Cheers! <3

Can you explain why ES is the better Boss Killer? Where is the difference?
Last edited by coutoo on Nov 20, 2017, 12:04:42 PM
"
coutoo wrote:

Can you explain why ES is the better Boss Killer? Where is the difference?

I would assume less reliance on flask charges and more reliable regen vs single target? Lets you run more utility flasks safely.
Would this be a good Mayhem starter?
"
Ghazzy wrote:
or keep this version but throw the 1h/shield for a +3 chaos staff which will require either a lot of currency or some lucky crafting in SSF.

I was actually wondering about a +3 staff when I had a +2 base drop. What would the second 6 link be? I thought of Contagion, but I can't figure out what the other 2 links would be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info