GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

@KuronekoBestGirl:

Honestly, I have no logical answer as to why he didn't take damage then. I would need footage and more information to determine a correct answer :/

"
Surfinn wrote:
Hopefully somebody can help me out with a problem I have sometimes..

I notice that occasionally, no matter how much HP or mana I have, I'll get completely stunned for like 3 seconds or so, if I happen to end up in the middle of a pack of trash. This is WITH the major god selection that's supposed to reduce stuns. Sometimes I just can't even seem to cast contagion, let alone ED, and I just die. Can't shield charge or run out.

Everything else is pretty much fine, this just happens to me occasionally and it's extremely frustrating. I've got freeze immunity with pots, bleeding, curse.. nothing seems to work sometimes and I'm just a sitting duck.

It sucks losing hours of experience and not knowing why.

Most of the time I stay out of the middle of packs, but sometimes it happens and occasionally it's one of those instances where I just cannot get out of it.

3 seconds O,O woot?
With the Major god that should be literally impossible :S

Perhaps you are shield charging in to a little pebble on the ground stopping you after/before the stun? That shits annoying..

"
Hydraty wrote:
So I don't quite get how you guys get that much tooltip dps from ED.
I'm at the point where I don't know what's next, I don't die much under T10, clearspeed is ok, although the gameplay feels very clunky at times (ed not hitting/casting?).

I'd love to be able to clear T13 + very quickly, so if any of you could give me some advices (as it's my first char in a veryyyyy long time).

Thanks for the guide btw, very beginner friendly that helped a lot !

My pleasure bro, glad you like it!

Well, switching BoTC for a high atk speed delirium crafted/spell dmg dagger will speed you up by a fair bit.

"
cartouche_2 wrote:
im making this build but i dont like the cloak of defiance..
sacrifices too much life and resists.

Im going with a decay sceptre ( for shield charge)
rare 6L with 100+ life trires

the gloves for lvl 22 blight

either a rare energy shield or the unique one (rathpith its called?)

rare rings

and im going for a rare amulet and taking the +1 curse from the tree for now.

this should be good enough for t15 until i can build a currency pool

now the question is..

is pierce better than empower lvl 3?
I know that level 4 empower is way superior, but at 6 ex each..

however empower lvl 3 is 8-10 chaos!

Should i favour pierce or empower?

That being said, if I was to use empower, would it be better to use a skin of the loyal simple robe instead? for the +1 all gems.

Personally I've always preferred +1 corrupted tabula (cheaper than skin) or if money allows; +1 corrupted skin (+2). Over any of the other chest pieces, only thing that would make me switch from that would be if I went to focus on boss kills, in which case I'd use a +3 chaos staff and use Cherrubim or something else for chest piece dmg increase.

Empower is always favourable, I've never liked the Pierce support for this build, and now with the Allelopathy gloves the blight deals with "bad" situations of vaal totems or so, so even before Empower I'd use like Decay > Poison. (Empower lvl 3 or 4, results are the same).

------------

@Garyas:

Thank you again :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
So whats the consensus about decay dagger these days? Not worth using right?
Probably been answered before but 134 pages... So here we go again :).
Why are you running vaal lightning trap with cwtd? I'm a complete noob so it might be obvious to others. Says doesn't support vaal skills
Last edited by Wertski on Oct 8, 2017, 3:09:05 AM
"
blackspiral wrote:

Better single target dps with ED, but less area damage and worse QoL compared to BotC.

Taking also into account the availability of BotC compared to a good Decay dagger, I think that BotC is the better alternative.
"
Wertski wrote:
Why are you running vaal lightning trap with cwtd? I'm a complete noob so it might be obvious to others. Says doesn't support vaal skills

That's exactly the point: since CWDT does not support Vaal skills, you can put it in the 4link but are still able to cast it manually (which is what we want). It will not be triggered by CWDT. Running it in a 4slot item with 3 linked and one unlinked slot (and putting the vaal skill in the unlinked one) would be the exact same thing. So whatever link setup you get first you can use.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 8, 2017, 6:22:27 AM
"
Garyas wrote:
"
Wertski wrote:

That's exactly the point: since CWDT does not support Vaal skills, you can put it in the 4link but are still able to cast it manually (which is what we want). It will not be triggered by CWDT. Running it in a 4slot item with 3 linked and one unlinked slot (and putting the vaal skill in the unlinked one) would be the exact same thing. So whatever link setup you get first you can use.

Aha ok! Thank you :). Makes sense now
"
blackspiral wrote:

As Garyas stated, unless you get a Decay dagger with high spell dmg then I would always take that over BoTC.

-------------

@Wertski:
What @Garyas said.

-------------

@Garyas:
Thank you as always :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi I have recently found your guide and decided to come back to the game since 2014,I'm still learning all the new stuff GGG added and I started slowly to gear for this build,now could you give me some advices of what to replace in my actually equipment as first priority? thanks in advance ;)
So is Cloak of Defiance just a *superior* Mind Over Matter?

It states 10% damage comes from mana, in addition to the Mind Over Matter mod.

Does this mean you get 40% damage coming from mana? Or just 10 (while also preventing you from getting the "real" Mind Over Matter)
"
emuporium wrote:
So is Cloak of Defiance just a *superior* Mind Over Matter?

It states 10% damage comes from mana, in addition to the Mind Over Matter mod.

Does this mean you get 40% damage coming from mana?

Yes, exactly. But as discussed earlier in this thread, you will still want to take the actual MoM keystone, as there are 3 very good mana nodes behind it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info