GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
amstafff wrote:

Guess I'm done with this build/league. Updated my stuff. Cleared all content in the game (expect for Grandmasters).
"
Garyas wrote:
Of course, if I was rich, I would just buy a decent +1 curse amu and not think about it :)

Well, turns out I was just rich enough. Bought myself a +1 curse Aylardex for 1ex a few mins ago. Now of course no question about running Witchfire. Still planning where to reinvest my passive points.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 6, 2017, 8:01:49 AM
"
weppe1337 wrote:
hey would anyone inspect my character and give me some guidance?
my gems and links are incomplete and do I need MoM from skill tree if I use cloak?

edit: btw it's my first character so don't understand the importances and priorities yet.

th in advance

Hey,

You have 2x Void Manipulation support gems, they don't stack so you only get to use 1 of them. Arcane Surge should not be a part of the main links. Your ED setup is not doing much damage with this!

Increased Duration doesn't help Fortify, you should use Faster Attacks instead for faster clearing :)
If you use ED in a 4L you should never use Pierce, you need the damage providing support gems.

Are your resistances capped with that gear? :S

"
"
Dunno why but I can't kill even t12 boss with this build.

Actually, I can kill t13-t14 bosses, I just can't kill vault boss, he take no damage for some reason.

He only has 15% chaos resistance. Hmm... I know there's a big bubble when he pops are you inside of that?

"
what are the best enchants for this build? Obvs ED dmg on helm but what about boots and gloves?

This build sadly doesn't benefit that much from the other enchants, so anything that would speed up either movement, attack or cast speed would be beneficial. We don't leech, we regenerate HP via the ED so leech stuffs is also bad.

-------------

@amstafff
Good doggie :D

-------------

@Garyas
Nice!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Garyas wrote:
"
Garyas wrote:
Of course, if I was rich, I would just buy a decent +1 curse amu and not think about it :)

Well, turns out I was just rich enough. Bought myself a +1 curse Aylardex for 1ex a few mins ago. Now of course no question about runnin
g Witchfire. Still planning where to reinvest my passive points.

jajaj... i was thinking that when i asked you the question.

So many nodes just to have a +1 curse? Not worth for me.

Why that amulet? You are loosing the spell damage. Why not a +spell damage + life + mana with the +1 curse corruption?

Also, can you post the link to your UPDATED skill tree with no points left to spend?

Thanks,

Regards.
Last edited by Lord_Endimion on Oct 6, 2017, 10:04:23 AM
"
Garyas wrote:

Can you give more details what the main problem is? Just the Vault boss or lacking damage in general? How do you play (which spells in which order) etc?

Vault boss, if not killed in time, he will spawn a whole shitload of tough mobs, and with my damage output it takes like two to four minutes to kill him.

"
Garyas wrote:

I have about 52xx at Lvl 92. Scaling down to Lvl 80 (your level if I'm not mistaken), that would translate to approx 4800 life.

Well I have all life nodes that you have, so to get more hp I need to swap some gear (no hp on helmet, boots and belt right now).

"
Ghazzy wrote:

He only has 15% chaos resistance. Hmm... I know there's a big bubble when he pops are you inside of that?

Of course. Vault was my main farm map in past season, had no problem killing him in few seconds with explosive arrow build.
"
Lord_Endimion wrote:
Why that amulet? You are loosing the spell damage. Why not a +spell damage + life + mana with the +1 curse corruption?

Simply because there was no amu with +1 curse, decent spell damage, life and mana available for a price I was willing to pay. Also increased spell damage does not add that much, since we already do have quite a lot from tree and other items. The +1 power charge also adds a bit of damage, plus you get "better" MoM plus mana reg per power charge. So overall, the Aylardex is slightly worse in terms of damage, but better in terms of defenses. A nice all around choice I guess.

"
Also, can you post the link to your UPDATED skill tree with no points left to spend?

Thanks,

Regards.

EDIT: It's updated now. You can check my profile.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 6, 2017, 2:04:51 PM
Hopefully somebody can help me out with a problem I have sometimes..

I notice that occasionally, no matter how much HP or mana I have, I'll get completely stunned for like 3 seconds or so, if I happen to end up in the middle of a pack of trash. This is WITH the major god selection that's supposed to reduce stuns. Sometimes I just can't even seem to cast contagion, let alone ED, and I just die. Can't shield charge or run out.

Everything else is pretty much fine, this just happens to me occasionally and it's extremely frustrating. I've got freeze immunity with pots, bleeding, curse.. nothing seems to work sometimes and I'm just a sitting duck.

It sucks losing hours of experience and not knowing why.

Most of the time I stay out of the middle of packs, but sometimes it happens and occasionally it's one of those instances where I just cannot get out of it.
Last edited by Surfinn on Oct 6, 2017, 2:11:42 PM
So I don't quite get how you guys get that much tooltip dps from ED.
I'm at the point where I don't know what's next, I don't die much under T10, clearspeed is ok, although the gameplay feels very clunky at times (ed not hitting/casting?).

I'd love to be able to clear T13 + very quickly, so if any of you could give me some advices (as it's my first char in a veryyyyy long time).

Thanks for the guide btw, very beginner friendly that helped a lot !
im making this build but i dont like the cloak of defiance..
sacrifices too much life and resists.

Im going with a decay sceptre ( for shield charge)
rare 6L with 100+ life trires

the gloves for lvl 22 blight

either a rare energy shield or the unique one (rathpith its called?)

rare rings

and im going for a rare amulet and taking the +1 curse from the tree for now.

this should be good enough for t15 until i can build a currency pool

now the question is..

is pierce better than empower lvl 3?
I know that level 4 empower is way superior, but at 6 ex each..

however empower lvl 3 is 8-10 chaos!

Should i favour pierce or empower?

That being said, if I was to use empower, would it be better to use a skin of the loyal simple robe instead? for the +1 all gems.
Last edited by cartouche_2 on Oct 6, 2017, 5:13:57 PM
"
cartouche_2 wrote:

Im going with a decay sceptre ( for shield charge)

Sceptres have elemental damage / pen as intrinsic stat, which does nothing for us. I'd go daggers, you still get to use shield charge, but can chose more useful intrinsic stats (crit, even though that doesn't help a lot in this build, or block).

"
cartouche_2 wrote:
is pierce better than empower lvl 3?
I know that level 4 empower is way superior, but at 6 ex each..

however empower lvl 3 is 8-10 chaos!

Should i favour pierce or empower?

That being said, if I was to use empower, would it be better to use a skin of the loyal simple robe instead? for the +1 all gems.

Empower lvl 3 is better, but pierce might play more smoothly (might hit a mob in the pack which you might have otherwise missed with your ED projectile).

Empower gets even more ahead with an armor which provides +1 to gems (most commonly TR+1 or Skin), as it then will add another lvl to ED.

"
Hydraty wrote:
So I don't quite get how you guys get that much tooltip dps from ED.

Depends on whether with buffs or without, with frenzy / power charges or without. Also make sure to compare the DoT DPS (at the bottom of the tooltip), not the hit dps at the top.

@Surfinn: yeah, I know what you mean. Though most of the time I have manage to shield charge out (died once or twice to complete stun lock). I guess it happens mostly when a combination of things happen:
a) a lot of stuns due to many big hits
b) stuff at the ground (cliff, stones, debris, whatever) which you shield charge into without actually moving far

So even if you could have charged out in theory, you are still stuck in the middle of the pack and get stunned again and then die.

There are some maps which are notorious for that and which I try to avoid running. Bazaar comes to mind.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 6, 2017, 5:18:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info