GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I have a question guys, is the Breath of the Council the best thing you can get as a weapon or will a well crafted dagger be better?
So, haven't done Guardians with ED before. What would be a good amount of DoT DPS for them?

According to PoB, my DoT sits around 93,8k effective. T15 bosses die, sure, and while it doesn't take an eternity it's not exactly fast either.
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
Hello and good day! I'm a complete noob and this is the first time I ever try to play this game seriously. After ripping my Marauder at 81 the other day(first hardcore character I got to mapping) I decide to level this build and I just got to mapping as level 68. Invested some chaos in what I think it's some good starter gear to let me farm at least t6-t7s.

Spoiler

Again, this character is hardcore too so I would love to get some general noob advice on playstyle and and where can I improve on gear. I have a bit of chaos saved up but I would prefer not spending that much yet until I get more comfortable and also can farm some currency back with this build.
Thank you.
Last edited by decayedCell on Sep 15, 2017, 4:05:37 PM
Which gems are any should I focus on getting 20 quality for? I'm guessing Essence drain for sure.
"
Reapeah wrote:
So this might be an annoying request and I will understand if you say no but could you record yourself doing a run of a higher tier map. Like I said, if it's too annoying I understand.

It wouldn't be annoying at all. I want to update the gameplay footage for the guide, sadly I'm not a fulltime streamer which prevents me from spending the time I want towards this.
Currently I'm running a Shock Nova Inquisitor build as it won the strawpoll live on stream. The remaining builds to be done atm is:
1) Spectre build to update gameplay footage & tweak in a secondary version
2) ED/Contagion
3) Blade Flurry Boss Killer Life based HC viable

So, as soon as possible this build will get an updated gameplay footage vod :D

"
Autrux_x3 wrote:
Hey could you help a noob out? what are your tips for Helmets and Boots? Ive got 120 CO which i would like to spend on some medicore gear ^^

Any helmet with as much Life on as possible, mana can help but focus mainly on Life & resistances. Same goes for boots but do include 20%+ movement speed for the sake of QoL.

"
Nitsujmah wrote:
What I do not understand is that the title says MoM but none of the skill builds have it until the very end.

Do you not pick it up early on?

To sustain the mitigating effect provided by MoM you need a ton of mana unreserved compared to your life, in 30% MoM that means you need 42.8% of your life as unreserved mana. To pain the picture:

Let's say you are lvling and have 2000 HP, this would mean for the mitigating effect of MoM to be fully efficient and not cause problems for you you would need: 856 unreserved mana.
Without mana on gear and no mana ndoes invested you have about 1000 mana at lvl 90. This would pressure having mana on the tree earlier as well as mana on gear to make it work and it just becomes more of a hassle than an actual benefit in terms of QoL, eHP and playstyle.

"
DrKatz11 wrote:
I had a couple questions about MoM. What mana should I aim for to achieve optimal tankiness and avoid mana sustain problems?

Also, what mana nodes should I drop on the tree in order to grab Methods of Madness or Corruption? DPS is more important to me than tankiness, but of course I don't want to die all the time. Right now I'm sitting at 4.5K life and around 1300 mana i think. To be honest, I almost never die now, but I feel the build has the potential to avoid so much damage with the speed and free movement skills.

To fully sustain the mitigation from MoM at 30% you need 42.8% of your life as unreserved mana, example:
Life * 0.428 = required unreserved mana

With CoD that's 40% which means 66%, example:
Life * 0.66 = required unreserved mana

Now this is to fully sustain the mitigating effect, but as you say you feel tanky and therefor it is alright to be a bit below these numbers to be able to pick up more and more damage nodes. It completely depends on what you want to do with the build. If you're looking to farm maps for currency then having more defence is probably going to be better for the sake of QoL as you won't need much damage to roll through t10ish maps. But for the sake of higher tiers you will want more damage, so drop which ever mana nodes grants theleast mana for the build.

"
Reapeah wrote:
SO I feel like I am stuck atm and with how unfamiliar I am with items in this game I think I will need some big help.

Right now I managed to kill the Phoenix which was honestly only done due to how easy he is to dodge, the fight still took a while. I am siting at around 300 chaos atm, what in your opinion is some of the biggest improvements I could make to my build as to be able to take out the 4 guardians and high maps without too much trouble?

I know stats on my rings and amulet aren't really favorable but it feels so difficult to balance it all without throwing chaos away and losing out on either resistances,life or just in general stats that I need in order to use some pieces of armor.

I am not sure how to link my items like some people above me so I would need to ask you to look at my profile till I figure it out.

Hey,

account name => characters => copy paste URL ( https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reapeah/characters ) that's your character profile link. ^^

Spell DMG amulet could help a lot for the sake of damage output. A rare shield with more spell dmg than Rathpith is also another option.
Changing Bisco's Leash for something like Belt of the Deceiver helps tons vs bosses as the Rampage stacks will wear off vs bosses.
And lastly: The weapon can have higher rolls or if you find a 100%+ rolled spell dmg rare weapon :)

"
amstafff wrote:

Dat Aylardex, GIEF!
Gear looks solid AF bro. I don't see anything I'd be able to point out directly to improve, you're doing great with that setup.

"
Giov4nni wrote:
I have a question guys, is the Breath of the Council the best thing you can get as a weapon or will a well crafted dagger be better?

Crafted Spell DMG rare is better if you hit over 100% spell dmg with it, as BotC can roll up to 100% :)

"
Agilaz wrote:
So, haven't done Guardians with ED before. What would be a good amount of DoT DPS for them?

According to PoB, my DoT sits around 93,8k effective. T15 bosses die, sure, and while it doesn't take an eternity it's not exactly fast either.

That's a solid number to work with. Sadly, ED/Contagion Life based builds are not the best for boss killers even if we are able to kill UBer Atziri or Shaper and guardians wit hit.

Basically you have 2 options with ED/Contagion;

Map Clearer with Uber Atziri / Shaper being managable = Trickster Life/MoM
Boss Killer with Uber Atziri / Shaper being jokes but slower clear speed = Occultist Low Life (also costs more currency)

I personally prefer this version due to being so much cheaper than the Low Life version and it clears maps so much faster as well so when ever I want to farm currency I can smack on a Bisco's Collar and speed through some sub t10 maps or shaped map farming :)

"
decayedCell wrote:
Hello and good day! I'm a complete noob and this is the first time I ever try to play this game seriously. After ripping my Marauder at 81 the other day(first hardcore character I got to mapping) I decide to level this build and I just got to mapping as level 68. Invested some chaos in what I think it's some good starter gear to let me farm at least t6-t7s.

Spoiler

Again, this character is hardcore too so I would love to get some general noob advice on playstyle and and where can I improve on gear. I have a bit of chaos saved up but I would prefer not spending that much yet until I get more comfortable and also can farm some currency back with this build.
Thank you.

Hey,

I'm one of those that prefers Tabula Rasa over the other options in this build, so I would recommend purchasing that, it's a stupidly cheap 6L and if you can, get an Empower lvl 2 or higher depending on your currency. This will skyrocket your clear speed & dmg.

Other than that you want to focus on getting the recommended uniques from the guide & make sure your resistances are always capped whilst still getting as much life as possible.

You should pop by the Discord server (link in the guide) we are helping eachother out there on a daily basis, great for newer players! :)

"
Askani127 wrote:
Which gems are any should I focus on getting 20 quality for? I'm guessing Essence drain for sure.

Nope, you start with Contagion for the sake of increased Area of Effect for clear speed purposes, after that it doesn't matter. ED or anything linked with ED for the sake of increasing the damage :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
If i run cloak do i still need to get the MOM nodes or do i cut them out?
Is it more recommended to get the Cloak of Defiance for the extra life or go for the cherrubim's Maleficance for the extra damage? i am currently level 91 and can blow through tier 13-14 maps easy. I recently switched my +1 to socketed gems outfit out for the CoD and my essence drain DPS dropped from 17K down to 11.5K. I have around 5100 HP, 1300 energy and 2200 reserve mana.
Last edited by TheKota23 on Sep 16, 2017, 7:35:25 PM
"
Landis315 wrote:
If i run cloak do i still need to get the MOM nodes or do i cut them out?

You take the MoM keystone to reach the very much needed mana nodes behind it :)

"
TheKota23 wrote:
Is it more recommended to get the Cloak of Defiance for the extra life or go for the cherrubim's Maleficance for the extra damage? i am currently level 91 and can blow through tier 13-14 maps easy. I recently switched my +1 to socketed gems outfit out for the CoD and my essence drain DPS dropped from 17K down to 11.5K. I have around 5400 HP and 3700 reserve mana.

I personally prefer Tabula corrupted with +1.
Many players prefer a "proper" chest pieces which is why the guide has 2 options, 1 more in line with hardcore players and the Cherrubim for softcore players.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I never know what is best to take as rewards and can't find it in the guide either (did I miss it?).
Advice would be welcome for what specific rewards to put when it comes to jewels.
Currently I'm in act 5 and have finished "Death to Purity" and "The King's Feast" and don't know what rewards to chose.
Any advice would be welcome and appreciated.
What kind of numbers are you guys getting DPS wise for Path of Building?
Last edited by SIX_HOT_LOADS on Sep 18, 2017, 4:11:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info