GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I have +40% Blight damage enchant on head, but tooltip stats are increasing like 5% or less. Is it tooltip's problem or enchantment isn't that good as it looks like?
I like setup with Kitava helmet so much. I test it some time with different gems, and now i think come to final version with 2 curses, aoe support and Vortex (dot and added slow). \o/
With this setup i can skip mana nods and still have high mana pool, or i can take another high cost aura like haste.
"
DrKatz11 wrote:
Thank you again for all your hard work Ghazzy! It takes an insane level of commitment to respond to a 100+ page thread and hold such a polite professional stance on these forums. I did not mean to sound edgy or impatient before when I was asking my question. I appreciate all you do!

Another question when you have time: What weapons would you suggest for this build before Breath of the Council? It's pretty expensive with good rolls (90%+ Chaos damage), and it runs for around 3-4 Exalt. Right now I'm using Heartbreaker Dagger, but is there anything else I should be looking for before saving up for a BoTC? And if you don't mind, which gear should I focus on changing? I think my helm is lackluster, but I'm not sure where to find a better one. Best,

Hey,

Appreciate you saying that, thank you <3

Heartbreaker dagger is most likely the best lvling option we got for this build, though any rare dagger with more spell damage is preferable. Same goes if you find a Decay (delirium) crafted dagger with high spell dmg on.

I haven't checked the numbers (unable to do from where I'm sitting atm) but isn't Empower less dps than the other supports? (Hence why I am displaying Empower lvl 3+ as the last support gem).
There is no life on the right ring I would absolutely start with that then look to get pieces with higher numeric values, the dagger is fine and can be switched out later tbh even for a rare high spell dmg one.

"
MadHookUp wrote:
Ghazzy, thanks for posting this guide and being so active with it. This is my current setup and was hoping to get your thought. As of this moment I haven't done anything more difficult than Tier 14 maps and the build is going great and is a lot of fun, but I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on my gear and build tweaks.

Current Gear
"

In the event that my jewels lose their link when I put them back into my sockets they are all pretty much % Increased Life, % Increased Mana, % Increased to all Resists

Here are other items that I am considering
"

Currently the EHP Calculator has me at 8489ehp with 111 Excess Mana. my ED from toolbar says "68,640 Chaos Damage Per Second" before charges or any other buff.

Here are my questions...

1.) Is my EHP and DPS levels good enough to try to hit some higher tier content? You can see that I prioritized mana, resists, and health for my jewels but I could switch them out for more dps. Also am I low on Excess mana? I decided to run with Bisco+Goldwyrm with the intention of switching it to Atziri Boots and that other necklace I got, but I seem to be doing well with them and enjoying the extra increased quantity.

2.) So I went with the Allepothay + Blight Totem and I read that it was a good idea to use Spreading Rot. I know there is also the option of running two of them. I could tweak my rings to accommodate a 2nd one. Is that a no brainer?

3.) Follow up question for Blight and Spreading Rot. Spreading rot is giving me 12% damage and then another 25% if the monster is hindered. But totems arent in range, or alive 100% of the time. If a "Chaos Damage, Spell Damage, Damage Over Time" jewel is affordable and gives 35ish % damage, why wouldnt you run that instead? Its damage that you would have 24/7 compared to 12% + a possible 25%.

5.) I tweaked the passive tree to get more Jewel slots and the Chaos Damage node. Compared to your tree is seems to be mostly at the expensive of Mana(That I tried to make up with the jewel slots). Do you think I made a mistake with that path?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5ID6sRLREvEZYTbRQJFr8YPBhWHNwdviL0JIsmiCaVKPorCiycMtEzhzWSNj06WDrhPLZBh0VHRZ1JE0lPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlq5XEBd8l8qYeJirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24TFhTKHy4ngiw6PGo_6kUeTH5MnlS6XLZeVl_Sa4Ju1naqhL6IAotmjo6XLplenm7DYtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J76KwGbDOsgMyBTLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmWOaB62Pr5Ovu74jv6_Af8NXyRfVv-Tf56P4K_o8=?accountName=MadHookUp&characterName=DeclanHenrik

5.) I have two sets of Goldwyrms with different enchants. Is there one that you would pick over the other? Considering that the one's I am currently wearing have 0.6% of Damage leached as Mana and Life, and I could spend a single point on Vaal Pact, would that be a good idea if I stick with these boots?

6.) I might be going crazy, but I thought either in the video or an earlier post it was suggested to run a Max level CWDT. In a recent post of yours you say that you are using a level 3 one. I made my Shield Charge a 4link to accommodate "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" gem to help with Immortal Call. With that in consideration is there a good suggested CWDT for me? I never fully understood how people determined how high to go with it.

Thanks in advance, I love the build!

Hey,

My pleasure bro!
Atziri Step Slink Boots has been a favourable choice for this build since the creation of it. However, in 3.0 you will either use Goldwyrm for the sake of MF'ing or a pair of proper rare boots with high life & movement speed on.

If your mana pool is only 111 then you have severe issues with MoM, assuming this is a typo?

1) If your mana pool is only 111 you can't properly handle higher tier maps with this build, no. If it's higher as in 2k'ish then yes.
The Magic Finding is fine as long as you feel comfortable with your eHP. However, you won't have 8500 eHP if your mana is only 111 as it won't be able to sustain it, you need at least 42.8% of your actual life pool to be unreserved mana (this can be +/- 5-10% tbh).

2) I believe it's a no brainer, yes :)

3) Totems are generally to help you vs single target boss fights. Your ED DPS should be more than enough to handle trash content prior to that.

4..? 5) I would rather route up north of witch starter & get "Whispers of Doom" so that I could run a Witchfire Brew as well as picking up "Corruption" which is located above witch starter as well.

5!) The leech only happens on the projectile hit so that doesn't change anything. VP is a bad idea for this build :) Very bad.

6) People thought it was lvl 20 since in the PoB link it was automatically set to lvl 20. It will always be decided by the playstyle of the player playing the build. I like going fast with the build and then I want the IC to proc as often as possible which is why I prefer it at lvl 3 with IC lvl 5. However, we don't need Endurance Charges for it to work as we are pretty much only using it for it's base duration of 0.4 sec + w/e inc duration we have on the tree/skillgems. This is only to prevent us from dying to things like a huge pack of Porcupines exploding on death.

"
OGrabbit wrote:
thanks for the very detailed build guide!
I want to try this on harbinger ssf hc, would you recommend any changes?

Consider swapping out mana nodes from the tree for Method of Madness till you find or if you find a Witchfire Brew then you want to get the Whispers of Doom node and possibly Corruption as well (north of witch area) other than that you're good to go and I'd recommend using a Tabula which is farmable via Divination cards :)

"
Crtjones wrote:
Awesome guide. Somewhat of a novice and I'm really enjoying the build. Question on this part of the guide though:

"
Ghazzy wrote:

1x Witchfire Brew be weary of your curse applications on enemies with this flask, you want to get a second curse running this. If not, replace it with another utility flask

Why do I need to get a second curse running this? Deciding if I should get this flask or not but I'm a bit confused in regards to this advice.

Thanks!

Welcome in bro!
If you are running a Blasphemy setup it is overriding other cure applications such as Witchfire Brews Vulnerability. (Tested & Confirmed since 3.0).
So to be able to apply more than 1 curse on enemies you need that sorted :)

"
BOBAH_0451 wrote:
I have +40% Blight damage enchant on head, but tooltip stats are increasing like 5% or less. Is it tooltip's problem or enchantment isn't that good as it looks like?

It is an "increased" modifier which is additive not multiplicative :)
So it is smacked together with all your other increased modifiers determining the actual damage increase from the base dmg of your ability.

"
Efed wrote:
I like setup with Kitava helmet so much. I test it some time with different gems, and now i think come to final version with 2 curses, aoe support and Vortex (dot and added slow). \o/
With this setup i can skip mana nods and still have high mana pool, or i can take another high cost aura like haste.

It looked pretty dope indeed!
Nice! :D

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
So this might be an annoying request and I will understand if you say no but could you record yourself doing a run of a higher tier map. Like I said, if it's too annoying I understand.
Hey could you help a noob out? what are your tips for Helmets and Boots? Ive got 120 CO which i would like to spend on some medicore gear ^^
What I do not understand is that the title says MoM but none of the skill builds have it until the very end.

Do you not pick it up early on?
I had a couple questions about MoM. What mana should I aim for to achieve optimal tankiness and avoid mana sustain problems?

Also, what mana nodes should I drop on the tree in order to grab Methods of Madness or Corruption? DPS is more important to me than tankiness, but of course I don't want to die all the time. Right now I'm sitting at 4.5K life and around 1300 mana i think. To be honest, I almost never die now, but I feel the build has the potential to avoid so much damage with the speed and free movement skills.
SO I feel like I am stuck atm and with how unfamiliar I am with items in this game I think I will need some big help.

Right now I managed to kill the Phoenix which was honestly only done due to how easy he is to dodge, the fight still took a while. I am siting at around 300 chaos atm, what in your opinion is some of the biggest improvements I could make to my build as to be able to take out the 4 guardians and high maps without too much trouble?

I know stats on my rings and amulet aren't really favorable but it feels so difficult to balance it all without throwing chaos away and losing out on either resistances,life or just in general stats that I need in order to use some pieces of armor.

I am not sure how to link my items like some people above me so I would need to ask you to look at my profile till I figure it out.
Last edited by amstafff on Oct 6, 2017, 6:03:06 AM
"
Reapeah wrote:
SO I feel like I am stuck atm and with how unfamiliar I am with items in this game I think I will need some big help.

Right now I managed to kill the Phoenix which was honestly only done due to how easy he is to dodge, the fight still took a while. I am siting at around 300 chaos atm, what in your opinion is some of the biggest improvements I could make to my build as to be able to take out the 4 guardians and high maps without too much trouble?

I know stats on my rings and amulet aren't really favorable but it feels so difficult to balance it all without throwing chaos away and losing out on either resistances,life or just in general stats that I need in order to use some pieces of armor.

I am not sure how to link my items like some people above me so I would need to ask you to look at my profile till I figure it out.

looking to you profile..imo tabula rasa 6l with empower lvl3+>>>>cherubbim 5L, empower its huge, the jewelry, well its very hard to obtain very good life+resis and chaos damage rings and spell neck to be honest, i think you are a bit overcapped from resist not? your boots not have life, try buying a second cherubiim to chance the 6L or buy a tabula rasa while you try that cherubiim to upgrade to 6L the empower lvl3+ its fuking awesome damage wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info