[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
lulin220 wrote:
Awesome build! Currently level 46, very enjoyable.
I have a question. Can I use Blade Flurry in this build?

thought that was in the FAQ but maybe not since it was only very big when it first came out. yes, you can swap dual strike for blade flurry. also get rid of multistrike and add a different complimentary gem such as Inc AOE or Conc Effect. also you wouldn't need Might and Influence.

Thank you for the reply!
As someone who's never had the most amazing amount of time to learn the game, I was wondering-- I take it there's no 'better' way to get those unset rings cheaply? People want amounts way higher than I have for unset rings with the right stats.
"
Asellia wrote:
As someone who's never had the most amazing amount of time to learn the game, I was wondering-- I take it there's no 'better' way to get those unset rings cheaply? People want amounts way higher than I have for unset rings with the right stats.

I recommend that you buy gear in waves. At first you should build up your defenses a little bit. Like high life and resistence rolls. For example for boots: look for ones with 3x 30+ res & 70+ max life. You dont necessarily need the movement speed for now.

For Unset Rings I started with 60+ life and flat phys damage ones and one more resistence, which should be rather cheap.

Weapons: Bloodseeker (main hand) | Wasp Nest or Touch of Anguish are very cheap options which I had for quite some time.

Stat values in the starter post are ideal ones and best in slot items (not only for this build), and people know that. So you need to make trade-offs for now until you are stronger and get currency faster.

If you are confident in using websites like poe.trade, you should create live searches that notify you for decent items.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 21, 2017, 9:10:43 PM
"
Xzandro wrote:
"
Asellia wrote:

I recommend that you buy gear in waves. At first you should build up your defenses a little bit. Like high life and resistence rolls. For example for boots: look for ones with 3x 30+ res & 70+ max life. You dont necessarily need the movement speed for now.

For Unset Rings I started with 60+ life and flat phys damage ones and one more resistence, which should be rather cheap.

Weapons: Bloodseeker (main hand) | Wasp Nest or Touch of Anguish are very cheap options which I had for quite some time.

Stat values in the starter post are ideal ones and best in slot items (not only for this build), and people know that. So you need to make trade-offs for now until you are stronger and get currency faster.

If you are confident in using websites like poe.trade, you should create live searches that notify you for decent items.

Thanks for that- I don't know how to live-search, but I do poe.trade a lot. I have Anguish, and Wasp Nest- so far the build seems good, and at the moment the unset rings are my issue- I'll need to figure out if I can get them with two 40% resists, because at the moment i have a triple 30-35% belt, and wont be at 70 otherwise. I may go for 20-30 on the rings, and then try to find a jewel with resists I need maybe since my life is still only 4000, and id like to not die too much. I got as much life on stuff I have as I could afford(My boots actually have 100 life, id go for more resists on em cuz thats low, but finding another with that much life feels unlikely- but ill peek around.). Thank you for the advice though- I was unsure if 'ideal' meant BEST POSSIBLE, or BEST POSSIBLE for start of endgame, cuz I found higher than listed (Including boots with 100 like said- at least I dont think boots said 100)
Last edited by Asellia on Dec 22, 2017, 1:53:19 AM
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dgmsti2012 wrote:
Any viable swords for this build?

i had a UGM 2007 STI LTD, #407/800. sup.

also, yeah, as long as you take care of potential leech issues, you can use rapiers with implicit crit multi that have high crit chance and additional crit multi and at least 300pdps. rare swords, that is.

I toy with the idea of getting a hawkeye as a track car haha, had an old bug before this one. Thanks I will look into messing around with some swords!
Thank you for this build. As for someone who enjoyed Diablo 2 for so long and a new player of the game (This build is my first ever character), it brings back memories and at the same time learn the in depths of this game enjoyable. Keep it up dude +1 for you from melee lovers like me \m/
"
Asellia wrote:

Thanks for that- I don't know how to live-search, but I do poe.trade a lot. I have Anguish, and Wasp Nest- so far the build seems good, and at the moment the unset rings are my issue- I'll need to figure out if I can get them with two 40% resists, because at the moment i have a triple 30-35% belt, and wont be at 70 otherwise. I may go for 20-30 on the rings, and then try to find a jewel with resists I need maybe since my life is still only 4000, and id like to not die too much. I got as much life on stuff I have as I could afford(My boots actually have 100 life, id go for more resists on em cuz thats low, but finding another with that much life feels unlikely- but ill peek around.). Thank you for the advice though- I was unsure if 'ideal' meant BEST POSSIBLE, or BEST POSSIBLE for start of endgame, cuz I found higher than listed (Including boots with 100 like said- at least I dont think boots said 100)

So balance is everything. You dont really need boots with that much life when the resistance arent very good. Make sure you cap your res first (75). And yes, it's not that easy in the beginning with Bringer of Rain equipped. You also could get a Bringer of Rain with a better life roll (goes up to 160 max). Its always a good idea to spend a little bit more chaos for better rolled uniques if you plan to use it for some time.

You also could replace Wasp Nest with Bloodseeker, until you can effort expensive and strong rare claws. Its just awesome. It feels like old Vaal Pact (instant leech), only without the disadvantage of no life regen. Try it out, you will love it.

Regarding live searches: its super easy since you already use the normal search functionality of poe.trade. Just click on 'Click here to perform this search in Live mode and be instantly notified when new items matching your criteria are posted.' And thats it.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 22, 2017, 3:32:37 AM
"
higgsbson wrote:
Thank you for this build. As for someone who enjoyed Diablo 2 for so long and a new player of the game (This build is my first ever character), it brings back memories and at the same time learn the in depths of this game enjoyable. Keep it up dude +1 for you from melee lovers like me \m/

frenzy barb 4 life
"
dgmsti2012 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dgmsti2012 wrote:
Any viable swords for this build?

i had a UGM 2007 STI LTD, #407/800. sup.

also, yeah, as long as you take care of potential leech issues, you can use rapiers with implicit crit multi that have high crit chance and additional crit multi and at least 300pdps. rare swords, that is.

I toy with the idea of getting a hawkeye as a track car haha, had an old bug before this one. Thanks I will look into messing around with some swords!

miss mine every day. best car i've owned. sold it at a good time when it was still worth a lot to help pay for an engagement ring and a wedding. life fail.
"
Xzandro wrote:

*SNIP*

Thank you again- all of this has helped a lot. My hp went down by about 100, but resists are easier to manage, and I have unset rings. Once I'm richer, I'll start working towards those ideals. My DPS is also a lot higher thanks to vaal haste, and bloodrage- I nearly ding 100k now on my dual strikes, which is amazing so far. I'm about to get that suggested weapon now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info