[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

After few days of test, i can add some things to the dual/double differences:

Double Strike at lvl 15 gives 18.75% more raw damage than a lvl 19 Dual Strike even with the viridian jewels.

Only difference is that Dual don't need a AOE gem, and double need it.

Hey Say, maybe you can add a B option for the build, since the dmg is noticeable.
I was going to ask - how does this play vs. a Double Strike build? Is it quite similar, or does it feel completely different? Also how's mapping/AoE for Dual Strike vs. DS?
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jan 2, 2019, 10:03:46 PM
"
toutlavie92 wrote:
After few days of test, i can add some things to the dual/double differences:

Double Strike at lvl 15 gives 18.75% more raw damage than a lvl 19 Dual Strike even with the viridian jewels.

Only difference is that Dual don't need a AOE gem, and double need it.

Hey Say, maybe you can add a B option for the build, since the dmg is noticeable.

(and to the last go to post)

double strike and multistrike suck for situations where you really want to focus on a single target but a secondary or tertiary target comes into ranges. double strike is still one of the highest, if not THE highest, single target skills out there. my scion build uses it but you really have to know how to play it with bosses and such. you could surely just swap in melee splash but then you'd be negating the damage.

i used to run dual strike with melee splash and it was great but dual strike also benefits from certain mechanics of using both weapons.

so remember, this is just a guide. you can swap many skills in if you like certain ones better. people have done blade flurry with this guide, full lightning strike, full frost blades, etc.

you could check life recuperation numbers on POB for a true single target with double strike and see how it fares. worst case, keep double strike in your 6 socket chest, swap it in for bosses that don't have adds if you think it'll be a little better for you.

generally speaking, i like to just fucking cruise with no changes and only really mess with that for <1% of circumstances
this league, in case you guys are pseudo-following, i am running the build as a raider as the major change. i may also swap to herald of ice soon to get some extra AOE. can also use HOI to get power charges but i've been using frost blades with assassin's mark to do that for now. also helped kraityn and using stone golem for attack speed buffs.

just took my last major dps node (aside from optimized jewel sockets) and i believe i was at roughly 157k sitting in my hideout without blood rages or charges. keep in mind this is game tooltip, which doesn't account for ruthless. this is also with 2x wasp nest.

compared with assassin class, i miss the extra damage and culling strike the most. the total speed is f'ing nuts though and i haven't even spec'd into extra frenzy charges yet.
Whadya think of Herald of Purity?
"
SoZIr2stromk wrote:
Whadya think of Herald of Purity?

best herald for DPS. ash gets you good DPS and some AOE, ice would get you the most AOE.
love this build, thank you for the great guide. i haven't played in about a year, and wondered if you could give me any tips on my build in standard.
"
ReddFox wrote:
love this build, thank you for the great guide. i haven't played in about a year, and wondered if you could give me any tips on my build in standard.

will do if you unhide your characters (privacy setting on the forum)
Done, thank you!
"
ReddFox wrote:
Done, thank you!

IMO Rat's Nest isn't really necessary since we are critting 24/7. I would go with Starkonja's for the life and little bit of crit.

Your amulet is your crappiest piece of gear. could get a lot of flat famage on that and also crit or some resists, etc. Belt could also have a third resist on it. Both of these items would free up slots on other gear pieces for DPS.

Enchant those gloves at least too.

Gear is fine, I mean, just a matter of how much currency you want to dump into it. Your claws are far and away your best items. That offhand is insane. Has old leech on it but with your Acuity it doesn't matter.

also if you want less attack speed but more damage, swap faster attacks for maim in your chest

and your jewels suck too. get a 15% might and influence and get two real jewels that have life and 2-3 damage/attack speed/crit multi stats
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 8, 2019, 7:03:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info