[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

https://imgur.com/a/ERSn3mX
Okay. I died because I couldn't move from the caustic cloud during the lag spike.

Overall, league doesn't seem bad for melee as people are memeing, atleast for the full Frost blade variation.

Don't lag. It's a tilting death :D

Also I advise to level up CWDT setup with Immortal Call higher, if you use the Endurying Cry. Otherwise endurance charges blow up almost instanly and it feels not rewarding to use the Enduring Cry. You can't make use of endurances charges and duration increase from lvl 1 Immortal Call is low. I mentioned this too late actually and didn't fix in time.
also im the retaded guy who used blasphemy temporal chains on the frost blade character to lvl 90 until I realized how bad it stacks and blamed myself for a hour or smth
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jan 8, 2019, 10:55:47 AM
Hey, so I should start this by saying that I'm brand new. This is my very first character ever, and so my grasp of the game is somewhat limited.

I have one character currently, a level 63 that is following this build exactly. I'd love some feedback for gear, and some guide as to what to do to most effectively progress the build further.

I've got a BoR stashed for once I hit 67.
Last edited by SilverK29 on Jan 8, 2019, 5:32:55 PM
What are your thoughts on Daresso's Defiance?

I swapped out BotB and have been using Daresso's Defiance for the endurance charges, onslaught, and extra evasion and Armour. My HP did drop from 5K to 4.5K since I lost out on the 39% inc max HP with Botb, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my survivability much thanks to the higher physical damage reduction.
"
SilverK29 wrote:
Hey, so I should start this by saying that I'm brand new. This is my very first character ever, and so my grasp of the game is somewhat limited.

I have one character currently, a level 63 that is following this build exactly. I'd love some feedback for gear, and some guide as to what to do to most effectively progress the build further.

Character is hidden. Change the privacy settings
"
MKU wrote:

I swapped out BotB and have been using Daresso's Defiance for the endurance charges, onslaught, and extra evasion and Armour. My HP did drop from 5K to 4.5K since I lost out on the 39% inc max HP with Botb, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my survivability much thanks to the higher physical damage reduction.

Belly of the beast prevents some random one shot, which you can get with low HP. Fortify, mobility from Whirling Blades and your kitting skill - Frost Blades or Lightning Strike already make your monster clearing good and safe, so your chest should improve boss fightning, so here Belly (or Loreweave) is the best option.

You can get endurance charges by linking warlord's mark - curse on hit with Herald of Ice or using Endurying cry, elder boots works too.
"
MKU wrote:

500 life is a lot, i would still go with belly but DD is not a terrible option and it is probably a lot cheaper
"
"
SilverK29 wrote:

Should be unhidden now, thanks!
"
SilverK29 wrote:
"
"
SilverK29 wrote:

Should be unhidden now, thanks!

slowly work on getting your flasks right

gloves and belt need to go for good rare items, which will help with resist. these two categories first.

your weapons and helm are obviously good. your right ring (unset) is also good until you start really dialing stuff in. same with boots.

amulet you could also outpower with a good phys roll and get more life while you're at it so maybe do that after gloves and belt and left ring.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
SilverK29 wrote:

slowly work on getting your flasks right

gloves and belt need to go for good rare items, which will help with resist. these two categories first.

your weapons and helm are obviously good. your right ring (unset) is also good until you start really dialing stuff in. same with boots.

amulet you could also outpower with a good phys roll and get more life while you're at it so maybe do that after gloves and belt and left ring.

First off thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a specific gem that's supposed to go into the unsets? Am I just missing something massive by not using those gem slots correctly?
"
SilverK29 wrote:
First off thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a specific gem that's supposed to go into the unsets? Am I just missing something massive by not using those gem slots correctly?

I would put blood rage in there because you don't need to support that with anything. If you end up with two unset rings and you are still using the BoR, you would put your vaal skill in the 2nd one.

Having a 6L chest and 4L helm as opposed to the BoR opens up a bunch of other options.

edit: technically speaking, you could also put hatred in there for the same reason, or even the herald, especially if it is annoying for you to get certain colored sockets.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 9, 2019, 3:10:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info