Changes to Past Leagues at Zana

It would have been really nice if GGG made it possible to run more zana mods on a single map, to make the map more difficult and rewarding ---> more fun.

I hope that they will do it someday.
I don't get what is "interesting" about having certain league mods not be accessible for zana for 3 months straight.
Last edited by PritzlPoppers on Feb 23, 2016, 9:37:24 AM
"
Jerle wrote:
I also think season resets for zana mods are way too long. It's interesting in principle but the wait is simply too long. I feel a biweekly or monthly rotation is more reasonable. There is no need to tie in zana mods changes with league changes.

10000000%

They should create new "League Seasons" similar to racing. Separate from the leagues. Because 3 months is honestly way too long.

Of course, this entire manifesto could've been written in two words,

"Because economy"

Overall, I dislike the turning off of mods because I guarantee that Domination is going to be super rare and super expensive.
Team Won
"
I don't get what is "interesting" about having certain league mods not be accessible for zana for 3 months straight.

"
phmn wrote:
This idea is really bad. Sure not all people were running all the old league mods, but having the option to do it is crucial.

So you are expecting people to just wait month and months until they can play the content they want? Do yo u really believe that people have nothing better to do than waiting forever until they can see one day a league that has a mod they want enabled?

I think that the only reason people aren't making a fuss about this is because it is a feature that isn't used so much because of its cost. But limiting the options the players have because you find it more amusing, this is just bad.

In addition you have spend so much money in making these leagues and now you are disabling some of them from time to time? I understand the problem of incorporating them into the main game but having them in Zana was a good idea for anyone to access all the content of the game if they wanted to.

This is ridiculous. Most companies do everything they can to have a bit more content so that their game is a bit richer and it can be a bit more attractive. And you already HAVE the content, but you are throughing it away because you think torturing people by making them wait forever until their favorite content is remotely available even at a high cost is amusing.

Imaging doing this for other parts of the game. Disabling some uniques because you want some people focusing on some uniques only. Disabling some maps because you want people playing some maps only. Disabling some item bases because you want people focusing on some builds only. Or disabling part of the tree because having all the options is not fun.

Having them in Zana was a big compromise to begin with because accessing that content is very expensive and not anyone can enjoy it. Limiting the content completely to your whim and give no option is just bad and arrogant design. I would not blame you if this feature wasn't available and you had to implement it. But this feature is already implemented and you are making it worse.

"
Loreweaver wrote:
This...This is a terrible idea.

One of the reasons Zana is so popular is that she gives access to content that players love but you didn't incorporate into the main game, and that's not just the league mechanics; we're talking about the league uniques, as well. These things are difficult to obtain, but not impossible--until now.

You're not improving Zana, despite the cosmetic change to her prices and bonuses. You're gutting her, and removing a massive amount of content.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"

+1 What this guy said.
Removing content for such long periods of time seems unnecessary. This approach seems as if they don't have the time or resources to get it done/balanced and included. If it was on a schedule it would add more interest and player retention. Changing the available mods on a regular basis throughout a league would keep people looking forward to and planning for it.
Its a shame they remove large amounts of content (warbands/tempest/shrines/talisman) that they worked hard on and was a focus for entire leagues or gate them off to expensive mods.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
"
Chris wrote:

Level 6: Beyond, 5 Chaos Orbs, 15% Beyond Chance, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity

What is 15% beyond chance?

when you kill enemies close together is will bring beyonder....

and will beyonders drop maps this league?

it must have a chance with the risk....
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Feb 23, 2016, 11:08:22 AM
"
higarra wrote:

Chris; my name is Serge...

I love this game but one thing drives me crazy. You insist that I keep making new characters over and over again; I call it trite. I have tried Talisman league and I loved the writing in it but I could not endure. So I play standard and for the life of me I cannot understand why you(the team) do not unlock all previous leagues to me(us) for free. Why cant you make it so that each map I enter randomly generates a previous league; why must I pay hefty price?

Are you sure this is a game you're making or is it a trading simulator? I just want to adventure; I want events.

+1

I can't understand this content gating. You GGG put so much love and work into all of this and then you prevent most of your player base to experience it. I can understand doing it in temporary leagues where competition takes place and hardcore players, no-lifers and streamers need challenges. But for most of us it's impossible to level masters to 8, grind enough ilevel 75+ Talisman, reach tier 10+ maps,... within 3 months. We could do this however in permanent (Standard/Hardcore) leagues where we have all the time we need to experience, enjoy and appreciate all the amazing content you have created. Please reconsider, stop gating content and give us the chance to work toward and experience it. Thank you!

PS, consider this: in a temporary 3 months league I have no use for 10+ stash tabs or additional character slots. If I want to go after the challenges or high tier uniques I have to focus everything on 1 or 2 characters. When I eventually get them the league ends leaving no time to try builds around them because of course I don't want to miss the next league. I have almost no reason/incentive to buy. In permanent leagues however I do because I will keep all the good gear I find for future toons (I even stash multiple copies of the same unique for 6-linking and/or with different socket-coloring). But my collection can only grow if I have access to the content and all the league specific uniques.
Last edited by fae76 on Feb 23, 2016, 1:01:54 PM
I think we should disable classes from the core game from time to time. Rotate them.

June can be Templar month.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Domination gone, Ambush nerfed. Looks like more direct hits to streamers who level their 100's in a matter of days, with me and probably many others being nothing but collateral damage.

I'm not happy.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
I dont think I ever used Zana mods or ever will tbh. I prefer to keep my chaos orbs, not everyone is rich to spend choas/exalts.
Closed Beta Member.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info