Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
OK, well that manifesto got better towards the end.

As for the time to 100.

When the difference between super long and super quick lies exclusively in currency, you won't ever have a 100 race that fits the time GGG want without completely screwing 99.9% of the playerbase.

I know you have this ideal that map system = currency sink, I know you have this ideal of an economy pyramid, but having content be exclusive to those at the top of an economical pyramid is ridiculous.

Crafting is a good enough sink, it's only under utilised because content demands the orbs while not providing them.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Lol, how pissed is Ghudda right now? He made an absolutely amazing post on Reddit detailing the problems with maps, especially with Zana mods, got a response from Chris praising the feedback and saying changes were coming... and then the announced changes do fucking nothing to address anything Ghudda said. What a colossal joke.

The tier name change is just the worst idea ever. First, you have the directionality wrong--in every discussion of tiered things in PoE, whether it's affixes or uniques, T1 means highest, not lowest. Second, as others have said, it creates confusion rather than alleviating it. And third, it's not even logically consistent with non-map zones, since many of those are also much harder than their level would indicate. Merciless Harvest is level 70, but does anyone actually think it's appropriate for a level 70 character?
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
What GGG need is to remove Cruel difficultly & scale the Acts again.

Normal = level 1 to 40
Merc = 40 to 70 with only -30% resist. (but all the resist gear only buff half of what there are now, a +40% resist ring become +20%)

level 70-90 = maps.
level 90+ very hard to level up

Currently there is NO fun in playing the game Acts, because not many are doing public parties.
Even there is 1-2 public party, u usually found out that most of the time u cannot do the quest they are doing because u havent done the one b4 that one.

The fact that I can rush Normal difficulty with nothing but lvl 10 gear is a joke.
"
Baww wrote:
This has probably been said before, but really?

Just because some people can no-life all the way to 100 super fast means the casual player has to suffer? Some people actually work for a living.

I do get this guys point. You shouldn't balance a game around the top 0.01% of players. It should be balanced around the average player.

Thing is there's really no reason to complain, with 80-82 maps it'll still be faster than before 2.0, because the highest level map before was 79, or 80 if you count uber.

Either way, GGG probably won't listen to people who act toxic. You have to give constructive criticism, not just criticism.
Last edited by zalfargia on Sep 24, 2015, 7:00:24 PM
ok continue being afk
Last edited by Lelouchzqy on Sep 24, 2015, 7:01:57 PM
"
Lelouchzqy wrote:
GGG you suck

Nice constructive criticism. GGG won't listen if you guys just say, "lol GGG sucks so bad".
The changes make sense to me, and those are the kind of changes that I like to see in order to make the game more logical for new players.

Sure for veterans not much has changed here, people were aware of the power spikes etc. but even then there are QoL changes here like more easily seeing the high lvl maps in your stash and also slightly increased map drop rates.

I like it! Thanks for another great free update :D
My 2 Cents:

Been playing WB exclusively since start. Approximately 30/week. By no means am I an elite player, I am passably good at best. I do not worry about xp/hour. I am here to have fun playing a game that I thought I loved. Here is what I have accomplished:

lvl88 templar
lvl71 scion
lvl53 witch

ONE exalt drop.
2 Divines
One Daresso's chest. One Andvarius ring.
NO GG gear AT ALL.

ONE lvl 78 map drop ONE
ONE lvl 76 map drop ONE
THREE lvl 75 map drops THREE

To me it seems there is NO incentive to play. Playing through Norm/Cruel/Merci over and over and over again gets to be a bore. Bashing my head against a wall to FIND decent gear drops in a map pool that nets me 1-4% xp per map is utter shet (running 74/75 maps that i have to consistently trade up for). I never expected to get up near lvl 100, but I DO want to experience, at least once, what content is available in maps 76+, and that is dang near impossible to do.

So I am forced to try and grind currency, to trade it up, to then trade for gear to make my character viable for 76+ maps, to people that want 20+ exalts for one piece of gear. Now I am broke again. Tell me to mastercraft then? Sure, I would IF I COULD GET THE CURRENCY TO BEGIN WITH (between STD and WB ive played 900+ hours, with ONE natural exalt drop)

The MAJORITY of your players GGG are NOT eliteist playes/streamers reaching lvl 100 too fast. They are players that have limited time and resources to play a game that used to have HUGE potential. But has turned into a slogfest, both from lvl 1-60, and 61-90, with little to no reward, except to reroll alt toons over and over again in the hopes that they find ONE that is enjoyable to play, only to have to still slog thru the same shet over and over again.

Wishes.

I wish there was a way to skip to lvl60 on a character. Ive run the Norm/Cruel/Merciless playthroughs enough already. But I do not think this will ever happen.

I wish it was MORE rewarding to try and level a character past 80-85. Maybe a standardized MTX for accomplishing lvl85/90/95/100. Some sort of skin, or maybe a pet. But that would never happen as it takes away funds from a free game, and yes GGG, i REALLY DO THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS GAME FREE.

I understand you will never make everyone playing this game happy. But you do need to maintain your player base to stay working. So who do you cater to? The 60 players that got a lvl100 toon? Or the 100k+ players that enjoy the skill customization, passive tree customization, and joy that comes from ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO KILL MASSIVE MOBS OF MONSTERS and STILL FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE, that your character doesnt have to be scrapped because it just cant run 75+ and enjoy fully what this game offers.

Please give us more quality of life improvements. Please continue to tune skills in the hopes that more builds are End-game viable. Find a way to encourage party play (iiq, iir, incxpgain is nice, but if you get 6 portals for 6 people, and one build is subpar, there go your portals, and even still, each character only gets one toon inventory to take loot out,so you end up leaving MORE rare items on the ground than you can take out, in essence THROWING UR CURRENCY AWAY)

Dang. my 2 cents turned into 2 dollars. Best exchange ive ever gotten in this game.
POE seems to be run and periodically re-worked to cater to a very small number of its' ultra-dedicated rabid players. It appears NOT to be in any way a Democracy. I would love to see statistics which show what % of POE players have characters that have reached lvl 80, lvl 90, lvl 95, and lvl 100. I've played a LOT since POE's inception (approx. 3,000 hrs) and do not yet have a character over lvl 90. Maybe that's because I get bored with the never-ending grind for exp and frustrated with the catastrophic loss of 10% exp when I die from bad internet connection, lag, freeze, de-sync, etc.(or just from careless play technique). When I hear that leveling must be made harder because it's too easy to reach lvl 100, I think "WTF are they talking about?" Not even having a lvl 95 character doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when GGG (a great bunch of people who I admire and thank for making such a great game) caters to the 0.1% of its' top players and repeatedly nerfs the game or certain skills or character types to appease the few players who think POE is getting too easy or "unbalanced". Why not take the time to find out what ALL of the players want from Path of Exile? Send a comprehensive questionnaire to EVERY player by email and ask how they feel about various aspects of the game and what they would like to see done. Only in this way will GGG actually know what ALL of their loyal players want from POE. That is, if they really care to know.
3 months in and 30 people in tempest and 59 people in warbands are lv 100.... I think this doesn't help your argument much. Bex or Chris, can we see the data that supports your decision? We can't see any on this end and transparency would be your best friend with this sort of change. If overall league retention drops after 100 is reached then that warrants either changing to have it take slightly longer 3-4 weeks as your change indicates or to create other end game content to create retention.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info