Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
xD4DDYx wrote:
"
zalfargia wrote:
I run maps with 179IIQ/463IIR. If you invest 20-30 chaos and countless alts/augs into a map and find no decent maps or can't make back even the initial investment, you're at a pretty huge loss every 79+ maps you run.

4 chisels, 1 alch, anywhere from 1-10 chaos on rolling the map, then another 12c for ambush, then let's say you have a few unlucky maps where you don't find a map above level 75. You've just wasted a ton of currency. This happens to me and countless others all the time, where you spend a ton rolling the map and get nowhere near the cost of the map plus the initial investment back.

You're not at a loss, you're paying currency for experience. IIQ doesn't effect map drops by the way.

I don't understand why people complain about map investment. Probably for the same reason they complain about T1 uniques being expensive and the game being too difficult.

Careful guys, you all keep demanding a casual game and the Path of Exile that you've all come to love will no longer be Path of Exile.

quote edit:

paying the cost for the experience of the map. not everyone gives a fuck about experience from a map if you dont even get the maps back to run more of them. fact is more maps you can run of same level and that drop from the map you are running is called sustaining them. I would and as i have read lots of post if you can sustain your pool of whatever your running from the maps. then you can keep running those maps and gain the exp. as long as your not dying that is the same grinding theory so as i said i would rather it take more xp to get there if the fun of playing the game is there. if you have to waste 1 ex to buy 7 77 maps and spend even half an ex rolling each one and not getting a fucking map back because me and a few others used to do it that way and got shit in return. doesnt gaurantee your method means to sustain a map pool and after wasting currancy and time to get nothing. At the current for experience and still no fucking map returns just buy white and roll them with alterations get packsize and rare/magic packs then if you want then you can also chizel them when white and then regal them after getting ones u want. i have tried both and for experience it doesnt really matter also the harder it is gives you more drops meaning anything that effects the drops for items magic or rares and uniques that people get iir and iiq on gear. most who gear up over 400iir and 80q already know that it dont effect map drops at all. again when a game becomes to stressful and no fun to play is when the majority of people will fall off especially the ones who casually play the game and the ones who have no life will always benefit no matter what the changes are, because they have no life and can play it all day long.

we dont want it to become boring we want more balance. If the change to decrease experience from maps or to increase what you need to hit the next level is changed, so that more maps or it being more balanced for them to sustain then that is a fair price.

If you can play the stuff you want more often rather then not playing and being frustrated while playing the game there is no fun to it.

the d3 comment actually it can go back to d2 where people before bots were leaked by a traitor named paul. that people would do manual baal runs to hit level 99. yes people did it. even doing 4k baal runs wouldn't even get you from 98-99. that grind was real and legit and it was fun for consistancy and playing with friends. which this game should either play as solo or with groups. the game is about fun not about having to stress because you have to spend most your time just to do an end game. end game needs to be challanging but also consistant and fun
rawrawr
My takeaways from OP:

-Overall increased drop rate of maps
-Map difficulty balanced on low-mid tier maps
-Colors to easily identify what tier map
-Map tiers 1-15(confusing now but maybe serve a purpose later)
-Made it harder to get from 99-100(if map pools are easily sustainable it won't feel as bad)
-Working ground effect issues

All in all good changes, people should stop complaining until testing has begun(even though unmet promises have left everyone feeling dissatisfied).
Making the game more difficult and more grinding, to satisfy the 0.01% of nolifers who reach lvl 100 in two weeks?
This is bad.

Time to take another year-long break from Path of Exile. Check out what else is out there. Go back to World of Tanks may be.

Path of Exile is becoming less and less attractive for casual players.
Map tiers ?

gnääääää -.-
> An unexpected disconnection occurred.

-.-
We want CHALLENGING CONTENT that feels REWARDING (note: BOTH challenging AND rewarding).
Hi

Ground effects: GGG could y'all also look at how much ground is spawned as an effect, I have done some maps and they have had over 80% of the area covered in a ground effect that is too much, specifically this tends to occur in building oriented maps,ex: crypt, aqueduct...

PS: Please no knee jerk reactions to these players reaching lvl 100, its bound to happen sooner or later, especially if streamers showcase how good their builds are so others can make that build also.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
darkwolf7786 wrote:
People enjoy progress. Leveling up a new character feels like progress. Grinding in maps does not feel like progress, and slowing it down even more as you're proposing and you're basically just killing any interest to level.

Amen to that.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I'm completely exhausted by ggg, it like they are just pulling random solutions out of a hat. How many map "fixes" are we on now?
Xp nerf for what the whole 60 ppl that got to lvl 100?
Why even have a level 100 if you don't want ppl to get their?
So tiers instead of levels for what? So you can hide some more game mechanics?

Well at least the ground fx are being addressed. Flashback is gonna be the last chance im giving this game. Playing poe right now is like playing a game in alpha, there is zero consistency from ggg what so ever.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
"
I'm completely exhausted by ggg, it like they are just pulling random solutions out of a hat. How many map "fixes" are we on now?
Xp nerf for what the whole 60 ppl that got to lvl 100?
Why even have a level 100 if you don't want ppl to get their?
So tiers instead of levels for what? So you can hide some more game mechanics?

Well at least the ground fx are being addressed. Flashback is gonna be the last chance im giving this game. Playing poe right now is like playing a game in alpha, there is zero consistency from ggg what so ever.

Spot on.
um casual is casual. meaning to grind to 100 for max level isn't for casual players, so no casual players should expect to hit level 100. I understand that. Those changes are fine and should be understandable. casual play is for casual fun. There just isn't no fun to casually play a end game system that relies on rng. with low chance to be able to play the game.

People who complain they are causual players should always understand getting to max level in a game is pointless and if it is made to then the ones who do play more will reach it faster. There just needs to be a balance and if the balance is lower experience for end game and harder to reach, but also can run more maps and have fun playing the game for casual players that should be fine.

People think since there casual they should be able to hit max level and that is horse shit. I won't ever strive to hit level 100 until game is finished by being a casual player. i would rather be able to run more of the content that it gives then complain about how i cant reach max level.

for the casual players in this game complaining about hitting max level should just also be complaining about the map drops less maps means less exp anyway. If you cant sustain 79 maps then there is no point to complain about getting to level 100. If the maps fall more consistant and you can run 82 maps without stressing finding them or having to buy them. Then you can run more of them and not have to worry about getting to 100.

People will always have more fun playing the content then just to strive to get to level 100.

It is about wanting to play a game and having fun.
rawrawr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info