Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

i guess you will soon have to change the name of your company from Grinding "gear" games to Grinding Map games

since all gear will be cheap and easy to obtain, but maps on the other hand.....

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Are these items game world, map only, or high level map only? If the latter and you cannot get to the required high level maps, your drop rate is still zero.

You can find both mjölner and shavs against vaal in merciless even... Mjölner requires level 60 to drop, shavs level 62.

Edit: By level I mean that the mobs have to be that level in order to be able to drop it.
Sweaty_ballz - Lv 1 solo - Leveling is too easy - Twilight strand for life :)
Last edited by schebab7 on Sep 1, 2015, 2:47:27 PM
Rip all my currency I just spent to get end game uniques. Honestly this change is terrible. Its already easy enough to obtain end game uniques playing casually by just farming low currency and trading a little.
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 1, 2015, 2:55:04 PM
It's not like shavs and kaom's etc were already cheap enough with people obtaining multiple of them around 1 week into a 3 month league, now it's going to be even easier to obtain these high end items yay... FREE SHAVS FOR EVERYONE!!
Last edited by Littsint on Sep 1, 2015, 2:51:26 PM
Hopefully the balance changes in 2.0.3 involve bringing back spellcasters otherwise everyone is going to be playing cyclone spinning their way to 100 with kaom's hearts and lightning coils in hardcore
Some ideas that need considerations:

Prices will drop even further. So you wont be able to gather currency that easily. That would actually make HARDER to get acuity, or league specific gear. Thats quite an unpleasant change since to actually farm uber you will need pretty good rares. Even on the card changes (wich will be "more farmable"), no good rare comes easily from cards.

Im betting card changes will modify economy in a way greater deal than those uniques do. Maybe that's the idea for money making: force players to buy cards.

But think it over: rich people will do uber, and craft for amazingly overpriced stuff. To the point that you will have to sell 10 shavs to buy a great ring.
Im not sure it wont actually kill farming even more, for those who trade. Ofc self found got a boost, but thats like 1% of player base?

Hard to say. They could just lower prices for crafting or raise currency drops. Would make more sense.
I see the next generation of farmers as: top iiq card farmers.
"
Chris wrote:
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Ty. finally i may be able to get one of those too. I've been playing since before 1.0.0 release on daily basis, and I NEVER dropped neither mjolners nor shavs or legacy kaoms and so on. My highest drop was a legacy windripper long ago.

With the absurdingly small drop chance of those and the resulting high prices i never had the chance to try out certain builds and had to stick to trading day in and day out to get somehow the chance to try those ..

like ventor said - finally

with the high density of items on standard and the huge overflow of items it is natural for prices to drop. at this point it doesn't even matter anymore since people that were already rich will stay that way whilst others might have the chance to finally try some items they had no chance to acquire before.
ig: rokki_xXx
Last edited by rokki82 on Sep 1, 2015, 3:12:08 PM
"
Hopefully the balance changes in 2.0.3 involve bringing back spellcasters otherwise everyone is going to be playing cyclone spinning their way to 100 with kaom's hearts and lightning coils in hardcore

As opposed to everyone playing spellcasters in 1.3, and no one playing melee? How quickly we forget.

Anyway, I'm spellcasting these days. Seems to work fine.
"
arherter wrote:

But think it over: rich people will do uber, and craft for amazingly overpriced stuff. To the point that you will have to sell 10 shavs to buy a great ring.

Sellers can only sell for what buyers are willing to pay. Have some discipline and don't buy an overpriced ring. Self found, self crafted, or 1c ring is enough to do any and all content in the game.
"
Manator wrote:
I could care less about top uniques. What makes me sad that all mediocre uniques are total crap and not even worth considering using. Maybe few of them aka build enabling lol.

Also other thing that bothers me most is ridiculous rare crap drop. Seriously. 99.99% are vendor SHIT.

Make them drop less, but make it so players will eventually pick them up. Nobody gives a damn about rares nowadays, its sad to see people completely cba and don't even bother to pick up or identify.

Also ridiculous if you're playing like 75+ maps and get like 10 lvl affix rolls on items.
It seems that only decent items are coming from crafting. That's bullshit.

Fix that shit.

This guy understands the real issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info