Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
reboticon wrote:
I find it interesting that the majority of the people who do not like this change play in permanent leagues, where saturation is eventually going to occur regardless. You are all free to reroll in the temporary leagues if you feel that other people having good items decreases your enjoyment of the game. On top of that the parent leagues already contain legacy items that will never drop again.

☑ permanent hc league player
☑ dislike elitism/trade gates
☑ happy with changes

=> conclusion: I am strange.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
I find it interesting that the majority of the people who do not like this change play in permanent leagues, where saturation is eventually going to occur regardless. You are all free to reroll in the temporary leagues if you feel that other people having good items decreases your enjoyment of the game. On top of that the parent leagues already contain legacy items that will never drop again.

☑ permanent hc league player
☑ dislike elitism/trade gates
☑ happy with changes

=> conclusion: I am strange.

Has some nice items. Want moaar. Happy with changes.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
Mainly Self-found HC league player. Love the proposed changes.

Now fix the maps, they always have and still do suck.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
More than anything, I trust that the dev team knows more about what they're doing than I do; leagues more, in fact.

Still, I urge GGG to not fall into the trap of a certain other popular ARPG which recently released a substantial update, that trap being making 'rare' items too common.

I recently played this unnamed game, and decided I was finished after just about 2 days, as I had acquired all the gear to take my build far into the late game, and there was simply no where else to go from there.
"
MosesXIII wrote:
So basically you're going to throw the concept of item scarcity out the window [Removed by Support]

This is a clear example of why it's important to design for your intended audience, not your audience. This game clearly has gotten more "accessible" over the years, increasing the audience, and increasing the screams for more garbage changes like these. "Wah wah I want more maps! I want more items!" These are the cries [Removed by Support] who don't understand that the longevity of the game depends on most people not getting to level 100 or having top tier builds, ever. And GGG is listening to them.

Consider Diablo II, the game whose footsteps you have followed so well. Do you know what killed off the long term population of that game? Duping. Once the previously super rare high runes were made to be common, everything became more accessible and the scarcity of the top tier of items made progression a joke. People suddenly found that they'd done everything, tried every meaningful build variant that had any appeal to them.

The only reason I can see for GGG to make a change so contradictory to the game's original design is money. These changes obviously serve to draw a wider audience. A wider audience means more money for GGG, both from new players and from players who previously liked the game, but didn't like it enough to spend money on it. This change to the core of the game itself, and at the expense of its original audience feels like more of a money grab than any cosmetic effect or supporter pack ever could. Please, GGG, please reconsider.

Progression is important. Item scarcity is important. Striving towards an item that very few players around you have is important.
Loled.

"This game clearly has gotten more accessible".

No it hasnt, why are you complaining when league drops make things accessible to even starter players to begin with ? Someone who just started the game can play a new league and come out with just as much currency as someone whos been playing the game for a long time, thats how leagues have pretty much always been.

The entire reason people play new leagues is to get GG items for cheap and to trade in a fresh economy.

"Oh no endgame uniques drop slightly more often! GGG fuck you my game is ruined!"

Meanwhile free loot in new leagues, people getting handfuls of 6L items and all that in tempest. Your argument is beyond redundant.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
4 x impossible is still impossible. It's kind of like 4 x 0% is still 0%. This increase shouldn't make people flip out, it's not as big of an increase as one might think.

And besides, those players bitching and complaining about increasing T1 drop chances might want to show a little empathy towards those that have never found one. Even though, like me, they've been playing since the first fucking closed beta and never found one. I have a feeling that a lot of the complaints come from flippers or those lucky to have found 1 or more of these items. So I guess I should pay them no heed.

This is probably the only change that they could have made to make me stay. I was already leaving to play the new Diablo expansion even though I have been very loyal to this game. I may give PoE another shot with these changes though.

Well done GGG. And while I'm at it, thank you SOOOOO MUUUUCCHH for having orbs created by crafting shards auto stack! Best QoL change ever.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
Good.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Wealth is easy to obtain and maintain within PoE > All you need to do is PLAY THE FUCKING GAME!

Anyway, the problem aint that the gear gates people. Gear can be achived, easy as that. Myself is a proud father, with a 9 - 5(Dolly "pattyPatty" Party) work, and i manage to maintan this gear level.

I fail to see how more dropps will help players reach higher maps, when it´s the maps that are the problem itself.

Fuck, Etup even did the easiest build there is and managed himself to 100 IN TEMPEST(HC) BEFORE The SC players had a chance at even come close to him.

Did you see his gear huh?
Yeeeeeah, really really top of the line stuff yea? Shavs/Void Battery etc? No?... Oooh... He was Cyclone :3

HE DID PLAY THE GAME! SO SHOULD YOU!

I chould care less about the fact that my items dropp value now, that do not bother me a single bit, But fix the fucking problem instead of trying to work AROUND it!

zzZzzzZzzZz
Last edited by Tzaina on Sep 1, 2015, 1:47:25 PM
"
Drakkon1 wrote:

Having said that notice that I want my drops and builds hard and rare and satisfying unlike D3 excessive loot but when a game is so thoroughly unrewarding even hardcore players that really love it will quit sooner or later, and it's THESE PLAYERS that most play and promote the game (and support it) that GGG shouldn't want to lose.

Perfectly stated. This is exactly why my core group of 8 has started to dwindle. We were hitting maps regularly in 1.3 but 2.0 has felt so unrewarding with low drop rates of maps, items and cards. We were really hoping cards would add a sense of progression that is missing in POE.

These changes, I hope will give us a more rewarding experience as we're pretty hard core playing almost nightly, but I can sense some growing ready to move on which isn't a good thing for GGG or POE.
So i read the announcement and dev manifesto like evryone else this morning and it was weird as i had conflicting emotions. I can understand GGG increasing drop rates to make it more attractive to new and/or self found players.. Though this popped into my head straight away...
"
Why the name Grinding Gear Games?

You grind for gear in our games.

But it doesn't really make any change...... like a thousand peeps said already.. Even if shavs has a 1% chance of dropping (i think some people are forgetting that 1% applies when a occultist vestment drops not a 1% chance overall), so say 5 vestments drops in a map you have 5 goes at rolling a shavs trying to hit 1 number out of a hundred (1% is very generous imho too). Now you have a 4% chance (when a vestment drops) to roll shavs. Odds are still so horrible.

My theory is that ggg are trying to stabalise the economy in standard somehow. Lets be real this change has no impact on temp leagues what so ever. You want shavs or mjon in temp you either A) get ridiculously lucky and have one drop or B) you spend first 2 weeks of league grinding for chroms and fuses and you buy one.

I have 3.5k hours logged on poe. Take away 500 for trading and wasting time in town. So 3000 hours and i have seen 1 shav drop. It wasn't mine either lol. Yet the fastest way to get tier 1 uniques is still to buy them. To all the peeps who are whooping and cheering about t1 drop rates, IT'S STILL QUICKER TO BUY THEM. Invest in some stash tabs, learn how to setup and manage a shop and boom your half way there.

Though i do think drop rates for div cards is a good thing though i cant understand how people inflate prices for them. For example if you need x amount of cards to get mirror, then the price of mirror div cards should be : Average price of mirror divide by x ..

TY GL HF
Razza

edit (shav drop % rate purely for demonstration purposes.. i beleive it is lower than this )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info