Split Arrow

I feel forced to take LA because SA is just so bad ......
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
SA wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so plain looking hehe.

Just looking at your character using it just makes you feel weak
PM me here is best way to contact me.
Last edited by ArchersBane on Nov 2, 2013, 12:00:11 PM
"
Could/should SA be programmed to ignore the closest enemy when calculating its spreading arc?
Thus, for instance, a fast rare running at your heels wouldn't make the arc open up to 180° with the outmost arrows then hitting nothing at all.
Permantently having to use QS flask just to gain a little space from those fast ones for a decent SA spread angle is an unnecessary heavy drain, I think.

Split arrow spreads based on what you are targeting like other multiple projectile skills. If you target a monster that is running toward you and hold down the attack button, it will continue to target the monster, increasing the arc as it gets closer. If you cast the skill repeatedly behind the monster and it will continue to fire in a smaller arc.
"
Dracobane wrote:
Anyone understand how this skill is good? Not trying to complain, but learn. Is there any reason to use it over another skill like lightning arrow?

It's very easy to compare this to lighting arrow, with the right combo of support gems.

LA + GMP vs Split Arrow + Chain

Both fire 5 projectiles that chain twice. Damage effectiveness is better on split arrow 40% (.8 * .5 for chain) vs LA which is 35%. Looking good, until you note that SA needs to be level 17 to have 5 arrows, which means 19 mana vs LA's 15 mana. Then there's the gem bonus to damage: SA is bonus physical damage, while LA is bonus projectile, which is way better since it adds damage to any items, auras, and even it's own converted lightning damage a second time.

Please say there's something I am missing. It's not unique or cool in any way. Shotgun effect would be too powerful, but at least give it something cool like a snare, knockback, or homing. At the very least, reduce the mana cost to be inline with LA and increase the number of arrows by one so they can't be so easily compared. Then people can decide if they want more elemental damage or more arrows.

You are playing Split Arrow wrongly.

It should be played as: Split Arrow + Pierce not chain. Quality Pierce gem with the 35% pierce node in bow node area = 100% pierce chance.

Split arrow setup with something like Split Arrow - Pierce - Faster Attacks - Power charge on crit - Increased Critical Damage - Added Fire damage does not need to go blood magic or mana leech.

You can get enough mana by just either getting 2% mana leech node near shadow area or % mana leech from gear and enough life leech through amulet, rings and gloves.

Due to 50% dmg conversion of lightning arrow, they have a much harder time getting enough life leech just from gear, since life leech from gear does not work on converted damage.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Split arrow says it does 80% of base damage. Is this 80% of base physical damage which would exclude any elemental damage?
Also if I have a bow with 100 damage and a passive with +30% physical bow damage, would I calculate my damage as 100*0.8*(1+0.3) = 104?

I have a similar question for chain.
Last edited by TheChampion862 on Dec 5, 2013, 4:19:18 PM
"
Also if I have a bow with 100 damage and a passive with +30% physical bow damage, would I calculate my damage as 100*0.8*(1+0.3) = 104?

That is correct.
The base damage factor's all damage in though: That of your weapon and any added damage from the rest of your gear and support gems.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, Split Arrow is actually my favorite bow skill. Not because of its damage (which is very sub-par), but its utility. It has a built-in Greater Multiple Projectiles, which can maximize use of other gems such as Cast on Crit, Curse on Hit, Blind, Life Gain on Hit, Knockback, etc. against packs of monsters. I currently use Split Arrow with Curse on Hit/[Insert Curse] and Blind, and it works wonders.

In addition, the mana cost for using it is rather low, making it ideal for builds that revolve around the use of Quill Rain. When coupled with Clarity, Split Arrow can be spammed like crazy, thereby further maximizing the mods of the aforementioned gems. This gem's damage sucks - I'll agree to that. But its usefulness is not based in its damage output, at least from my point of view.

Love this skill!
Last edited by kaype on Jan 18, 2014, 11:47:45 PM
GGG please give SA a weapon animation! it's so boring to look at.
"

+1

"

+2

I think people don't play it because it looks so boring...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info