Shield Charge

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Hey Marc,

Could you explain, why you at GGG want to work this skill only with melee weapons? In its current form, this skill is barly used, which is a shame imho.
Is there a possibilty that you make the skill work with unarmed and wands too? That would offer so many possibilitys to use it.

I clearly understand how this skill is working at the moment - the damage is caluclated from your weapon and + add damage modifiers. So it should be possible to make such a change relativly easy.
You do a melee strike at the end of the charge. You can't use wands in melee, so that doesn't make sense. Unarmed is a possibility at some point, since it is melee and we could probably get away with using the same animations as the claw version.

Thank you for your response!

Ok at the moment you perform a melee strike at the and of the charge - thats the intention i guess. Wands can't be used in melee, right - but in my opinion:"charging with a shield infront of an enemy, then stop rapidly and perform a normal melee attack" doesn't make any sense either :) (and many people in this thread argree with this opinion) - no offense

Shield Charge shoul'd realisticly strike with a the shield itself, and not with a melee weapon.
(regarding graphical animation: the animation seems fine for me, you can barly see that a melee attack is even performed at the end of the charge)

Suggestion to make this skill more viable/interessting and fun:

- make NON-weapon specific (so it works only, if you are using a shield)
- make the damage be calculated from the weapon and the +add damage modifiers (so leave it as it is)
- take block/stun-recovery into effect instead of performing a melee attack at the end of the charge

Result:
A more fun and also viable skill to use, which is more realisticly performed - its a nice movement skill too, if you have a shield - you are able to travel faster and through enemies (nice for leveling a new charakter).

Shield charge in it's current forum reminds me more of "phase run" --> run quick at the enemy and hit them.

Please Marc and guys from GGG consider this and give shield users more love - thanks.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Nov 6, 2013, 7:20:33 AM
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
[...]in my opinion:"charging with a shield infront of an enemy, then stop rapidly and perform a normal melee attack" doesn't make any sense either :)

Of course, that's not what it does either so whatever. You slam into the monster with your shield, stunning it. Then you hit it with your weapon, dealing damage.
(or rather, simultaneously, but you get the point)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 6, 2013, 11:07:27 AM
@ Vipermagi

Sure, i got that :)

But the damage seems instantly aplied, when you hit with your shield at the time (it isn't i know - it's aplied, when you hit with your weapon after charging) - but it isn't realistic at all, sry.

Many people before me wanted this skill to be improved in a way, that actually the shield hits the mob. Shield Charge should be a "shield-skill" and not a weapon specific skill imho - thats my point.

Its such a nice skill with many possibilitys to integrat in a build, if you are using a shield.
After testing out the skill a bit I seem to not be seeing any kind of attack animation from the weapon at all, so why does the skill even require weapon?

The point of the skill is to bash your shield into an enemy to cause damage, in which case the damage should be based on the stats of the shield, not of the equipped weapon. I understand that in the description it denotes that you're hitting it with the weapon after the shield bash but in terms of how bashing with a shield actually works, it doesn't make much sense.

Personally I believe it should function either like a spell, having flat damage that increases as it's leveled, having it scale based of the strength score, or by dealing damage based on it's armor/evasion/ES values.

Both in the animation and the idea behind the skill, involvement of the weapon seems... unapparent, but the skills description tells us it's the weapon doing damage and not the giant wall of steel smacking into the enemy at high speed.

The way the skill deals damage in the description compared to how it's animated or the concept just doesn't make sense.

IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
I'm leveling a Shield charger, elemental based, with the new Avatar of Fire Keystone, the bonus damage at max range is awesome for massive burns.

I find it a very rewarding skill to use, it's not easy to target mobs, but after a while it becomes natural (at least for me)

i'm level 50 right now and i've started using it at level 10 or so...

Here's how i run it:

I'm using double curses with Windscream (Ele Weakness and Flammability)... mobs just explode/burn without hope or mercy.

Lightning warp is very useful to get away after a charge to try another one at maxed range (the teleport delay really helps a lot).

I'm really having a lot of fun with this skill... here's the build if someone is curious about it:

(it goes up until 55 or so)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxJpFE0XHBhdGYUaOBpsI00kqjKJNsU26TwFQDZEckbXTdhX4lnzXcZmnnF5cql35XrmfNl9U4FvgpuExIuMjHaQVZ2unjyf36IApwinhKyqr420-baGwBrUfNgk3fPeweFz42rkredq7DjtIO988B_60jbYKo2XhexV

Is the end animation when you hit affected by attack speed?
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
Krabbsatan wrote:
Is the end animation when you hit affected by attack speed?
the "reuse" speed is what is affected. if you are constantly using this in melee without the movement part, its rate would be your attack speed.
I have a question to those using shield charge. If you don't travel (ie. You're standing next to your target already), do you still apply a stun of a very short length? Or, does no stun occur at all?
will give shield charge + melee spalsh + endurance charge on stun multiple endurance charges or just one?
EC on Stun is binary; either you Stun and you get a Charge, or you do not. That's all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info