Raise Zombie

"
pelife123 wrote:
By any chance you guys could change zombie's DEFENSIVE AI to animate guardian's AGRO AI? I'm getting sick of watching my 11 zombies walking around a whole pack of mobs and not hitting a single enemy...

Now that is the part someone show up and say, "use arc or other skills to lead them, simple". Yea, that is another issue... i'm already doing this and what happens is that they all focus at the same target. It is quite common all of them trying to find a spot to hit that single enemy completely ignoring the rest of the mobs around them, so they end up doing nothing.

In the other hand, animate guardian that is mostly used as a support minion (leer cast, dying breath, zahndethus...) have that AGRO AI making it run solo into packs of mobs and if you don't take care he eventually dies.

Right now i barely feel any diference in my clear speed with or without 11 (eleven!) 5L zombies, maybe that's why everyone is doing raging spirits now...

That's what I was thinking because it's so frustrating to see your guardian go ham into a group of enemies forcing you baby him all the time. Having the guardian and zombies switch AI would make playing a summoner bearable. Please GGG you need to consider this. Also, like Starwood said, sometimes zombies wouldn't attack anything. I recreated this 3 times in mudflats letting mobs smack me.
What are the armour values for zombies? - Why is this never stated? Same goes for skeletons too!
"
Rusery wrote:
What are the armour values for zombies? - Why is this never stated? Same goes for skeletons too!

Minion Stats Spreadsheet, slightly outdated but the armour should be accurate.
It's not stated in-game for "technical reasons". Hopefuly someday that changes.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
I'm a minion arc summoner with 7 zombies. But they die v. Fast in boss encounters. Are they going to be buffed (they need it)
My question is - is Aegis necessary for a strong summoner build and is it worth giving them the shield advantage and losing it yourself.
Also is it possible once you have the Aegis node to 'switch' between using Aeigis and not using it?

Tldr zombies and all minions die too fast in boss fights (I have 5L zombies)

Ty for reading.
zombies really need some better AI, i mean they are clearly meant to be a reasonable damage source (evident by the existence of montreguls grasp), but your clear speed is literally capped by the zombies retarded ai, they could have a trillion damage per hit and you would still clear agonizingly inconsistent. their ai, if nothing else, makes them a horrible experience to use for damage.

i am currently trying to do some 66 (66!) maps using a lvl 20 zombie gem in a +2 helmet, with all the damage on the tree picked, using montreguls, haste and hatred, spamming flesh offering and vaal haste. You'd expect the clear speed to be at least decent in a friggin 66 map, but no, the zombies have other concerns to worry about apparently, like watching the scenery (that is, me being attacked)
Zombies will attack whatever is in the general vicinity of where you are clicking, and if your using the right support gems, auras and curses will quite quickly vaporize whatever used to be in that general area.

They perform even better now in 2.0 since they gained about 50% more health and have several new support gem options. my lv21 zombies went from 8.5k life to 13.6k life with the update, which is handy since the bosses area dealing that much more damage now.

I use arc to direct traffic with the following supports, I picked up the extra curse near the specter on the skill tree. I have hatred +haste running as offensive auras, and elemental equilibrium so monsters take more damage from ice/fire attacks. zombies supported by minion damage, multistrike and melee splash. this setup is compatible with evangelists, sentinels or those ice spitting spiders from A4.

Last edited by Asmosis on Jul 14, 2015, 10:35:22 AM
Really wish zombies did more damage and had better AI. Often times they do nothing but sit there making clear speed bad. Even with the buff to them in 2.1 summoning is a joke.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Hahaha. A year later and the AI is still dumb as bricks.
"
Tyroki wrote:
Hahaha. A year later and the AI is still dumb as bricks.

Pretty much this.
I quit after the last League ended and came back for Talisman. I started with a Summoner/Chaos Hybrid and switched to Summoner/SRS after mapping a bit.

The Zombie AI needs work. I remember back in the day, they were super aggressive and sometimes it was a pain to tell them to focus a single mob. However, now with Convocation, it's possible to reposition your entire undead infantry. I also remember they were horrible with doorways...

Now, they're much too passive. I can sit still in a map and they won't attack anything unless it's close enough to do my makeup. Anything 50% close to the edge of the screen is just a deadzone. A skeleton archer can shoot you from maximum range and they won't do anything about it. Aside from that, they're too easily positioned. Any spell, curse, totem, or skill that you cast will re-prioritize their attacks. They can be on a boss and you're trying to take care of adds, then they all jump off the boss to attack whatever you're attacking. Pretty frustrating.
This is even more annoying when you're scouting a room by throwing a totem in and they all rush in to take needless damage. Goddamn that's annoying.

The AI needs a definite rework. This is part of the reason I can't play a pure summoner build - Zombie AI makes me want to rip my eyes out.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
the AI, OMG the AI.
OK, its bad enough that even though I had 4 types of minions out - 7 Zombies, 3 Specs, Golem and AG, but NOT ONE of them react to 3 mobs beating me. Even when I purposely run through the mobs, if I dont do anything, they won't do anything either.

At first, I thought, well, the zombies surely dumb, they were corpse, with brains juice leaking. but not only zombies, other minions just the same, what a shame!

ok, thats bad.
other times, two mobs beating one of my zombies to death, and that bastrad do nothing either! got beaten to death! omg! how f up is the AI?

OK, another :
I hauled my minion by Arc, and if my Arc doesn't reach any particular mobs in a pack, my minions won't touch them either. often I Arc few times, then run through, only to find one or two mobs still chilling untouched by my dumb followers. of course, I could have use other aoe skills, but..well... I hope they can just clear a pack without much hassle =.=
Last edited by draygourn on Dec 30, 2015, 6:54:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info