Raise Zombie

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
aethernox wrote:
Mark, are there any plans to make minion statistics visible? PoE obviously caters to players with an interest in highly specific numerical information, so it doesn't make much sense to hide information that's so core to a fairly common character archetype.

If there *are* such plans, is there any chance that you could post the information anywhere for the time being? Knowing how much base armor/HP/resistances/damage/attack speed my zombies have would prove extremely valuable for summoner theorycrafting. That information would be especially relevant now that minion HP has been adjusted at various gem levels, not to mention the ability to overlevel minion gems via +skill affixes.
That information isn't hidden, it doesn't exist. Ideally we'd like to make it exist and be visible eventually, but this a) requires implementing entirely new systems for skills to be able to show stats that aren't in the skill, and b) requires those stats having actual values we can read somewhere.
We've got a temporary solution for Zombie life numbers, which need updating any time any balance changes modify what those values are, but it's simply not viable to make that a large-scale solution.

This post confuses me. The game has to have values somewhere for their to be any actual interaction in the game. When a Zombie hit's something, it has to have actual numbers to run the calculation and reduce the targets life. Similarly for a mob hitting a zombie, there has to be some internal calculation to decide how much life the zombie loses. It's possible that those values are protected and aren't accessible by the main program, but it seems like you could have some sort of function that dumps all the minions stats and points it to the specific spell page. I have no idea how it's written, but the same factors that allow you to display information for any other spell should more or less work for minions too.

On a somewhat related note, since it appears that getting the game to tell us what minions do, can you give us a chart of the base values of a zombie per skill level. Us theorycrafters can add in all the bonuses, but at least knowing what the raw data is, can give us theorycrafters something to work with.

Edit: I had to throw a quick edit in because something else I was reading said the data of a zombie is based on the level of the monster it's summoned from. If this is indeed true, could we get a chart of zombie data per monster level? If the skill gem effects those values in any way, could you give us the mod value per gem level as well? we'll do all the math on our own, but that information would really help.
Last edited by notalltogether on Feb 9, 2013, 8:53:54 AM
Improve zombie AI, its horrible at current stage. The aggresion is so bad that you must use skill in order to get zombies attack target (could be fixed easy by increasing aggresion range).

I really hope, that in future patch zombies get AI improvements. Summoner build is quite weak without fixing AI. Like on/off switch - defence/aggressive.
Last edited by naturalcookie on Feb 9, 2013, 12:49:27 PM
Does my gold rings or ammys increase the rarity of drops even if the zombies are the ones that get the last hit?
yes
Are we any closer to having damage/Armor/etc statistics for Zombies/Skeletons/Specters?

Its hard to choose between adding Minion Damage Support or adding something like Add Lightning Damage when I don't know how much damage Minion Damage actually adds.
well if you're using minions for thier explosion on death, you definitely won't be using added lightning...
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
well if you're using minions for thier explosion on death, you definitely won't be using added lightning...

True enough, but still being unable to see how effective a gem is ... is annoying to say the least.

The only stat you get on zombies and skeletons is life and that is simply not enough to make an informed decision.
"
HollowedOnes wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

True enough, but still being unable to see how effective a gem is ... is annoying to say the least.

The only stat you get on zombies and skeletons is life and that is simply not enough to make an informed decision.
oh yes it is. life is automatically updated for you on tooltip mouse-over and math of 33% *(1 + minion damage%) = % of life in AoE damage, is all you need to know what you're getting. also i forgot if the 33% is actually 1/3rd or literally 33%...
a 60% minion damage boost is 0.33 *1.6 =52.8% of max hp as fire damage. hp is already listed so...
No, it isn't; Minions deal damage with things other than Minion Instability. You get that, right? They actually have their own DPS via their auto-attacks, and those autos aren't negligible. Being able to see those stats and how certain gems affect them (for example, faster attacks or LMP) would be very useful.

"
aethernox wrote:
No, it isn't; Minions deal damage with things other than Minion Instability. You get that, right? They actually have their own DPS via their auto-attacks, and those autos aren't negligible. Being able to see those stats and how certain gems affect them (for example, faster attacks or LMP) would be very useful.
this thread is about zombies gem, not the other minions. yes even these have thier own dps/damage that isn't listed but for most people, these are the ones that are most important for the explosions. thier damage isn't a joke if supported well with passives.

although i suppose if it helps, the "minion damage" is an all damage increase. so anything given to zombies will be boosted. added lightning will be more viable for those that happen to want thier zombies to not be focused about the explosion passive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info