Rain of Arrows

I use shift-click (shoot without moving) liberally as a ranged class.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but when holding shift you can't fire Rain of Arrows.

EDIT: Happens with all spells with keybinds on the numpad.
Last edited by Orez on Mar 31, 2012, 2:35:16 PM
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
darkcoug wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It's fixed in 0.9.7

Why would Rain of Arrows work with Point Blank? Regardless of whether it even makes sense, it takes away a tactical advantage of using Rain of Arrows in synergy with other skills that actually make sense with with the point blank keystone.

One Poison Arrow and Rain of Arrows spam at your feet- what's not to love? I would never take this keystone without it affecting Rain of Arrows, and can't wait to try it after 0.9.7!

I couldn't get a message from Lo4f for this combination: RoF + Point Blank if it was a successful xp or not. So if anyone here tested this it would be nice if he/she shares on here.
============================
Point Blank Shot: Whats the exact distance to be stated on its phrase line "very close targets" ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Whats the exact distance to be stated on its phrase line "very close targets" ?
0-10 range is full +50% damage, from there it drops down to 100% at point x, then drops down to 0 at the max distance the arrow goes I think (either that, or the distance to the corner of a typical screen)

I'm also curious what would happen if point blank was used with rain of arrows with something like +200% AoE (which I know is impossible). If a shot was made in the 0-10 range, but a monster was hit outside that range, would it deal full +50%, or less?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Apr 4, 2012, 2:35:27 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
I'm also curious what would happen if point blank was used with rain of arrows with something like +200% AoE (which I know is impossible). If a shot was made in the 0-10 range, but a monster was hit outside that range, would it deal full +50%, or less?
It's done for each target based on where that target is, not where you targeted the centre of the burst.
lvl 40++ Poison Ranger. Currently my skills on my bow

(Accuracy) +15
(Poison Arrow)
(ADded Critical strike)
(Lesser multiple arrow)

Hoping to get a Greater Multiple Arrow

Rain Of Arrows work well in caves, dungeon like some of you say. It works pretty well in corners or hallways. However, poison arrow or even split arrow does a pretty good job too.

The cast animation takes too long and at the same time the arrows take a while to drop. Another problem is that if you get it your arrows are gone. Basically, RoA needs a lot of fixing.

-IDEAS-
Cut down the cast animation, increasing the cast animation speed
Make the Arrow and the cast animation a separate entity
Leave it the same, further increase the damage of each arrow

If none of the above ideas work, you would really want to take out the skill completely.
I would make a skill a ongoing Skill. U know where u Cast the skill until u release the Button like D2 Inferno or Arctic Blast.

So the "Rain" of "Arrows" would not stop until u Release the Button, it takes 1sec after the First Arrow hits but after this there will be always a Rain of Arrows.

Have no Idea if u all know what i mean ^^
IGN: kReiZy
I get what you mean, it's also known as a 'channeled' skill.

That might work. Would be interesting to test.
Oooo if the game adds channeled skills then

1) yea I can see this skill getting turned into a channeled skill, where the animation is just your character frantically shooting massive amount of arrows into the air and having them fall down

and

2) I can imagine some sort of tanky channeled "fortify" skill where it prevents your character from moving or attacking but increases defenses immensely. (perhaps you could still curse/taunt/shout)

hmm.. cool thoughts
What the heck were you guys thinking by not buffing this skill? It's the best looking and sounding skill in the game imo and it's also one of the WORST skills in the game, and that's not a debatable conclusion -- it REALLY is that bad. How hard would it have been to buff the damage a little bit and add a slight snare or slow? I don't get it.

Quite a few skills have been completely ignored with the balance changes in the new patch, along with some seriously "wtf" changes like buffing Discharge and Hatred. You guys been living under a rock?

Edit: Re-read my post and the tone of it sounds harsh and inflammatory but it's not intended that way (hard to convey that sort of stuff over the Internet in text form). I'm just disappointed.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on May 8, 2012, 7:00:07 AM
I suggest to snare the monsters that gets hit but there is a split-second delay so that it cannot be spammed instead you use other skills that have a faster casting speed
Last edited by durzey on May 12, 2012, 11:04:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info