Punishment

Life based cyclone with blood rage. It is an option now. And that means it is at least viable.

It is not mandatory at the same time (the 'melee' part makes it unusable for.. well.. non melee players). I like this skill now. And a lot.

Situayional. Powerful. Yet difficult to cheeze like cwdt-ec-ic.

Im so sad now that there is no corruption on gloves with 'punishment on hit'..
I play in Garena servers, so I am sorry for my poor English ;-P

New Punishment is surprising.

the 20/20 can give a 35% more Physical Melee Damage and 19% Increased Attack Speed.is powerfull.

but when i use the Curse on Hit + Punishment, I can't get buff with Cyclone or normal melee attack.

why i can grant the buff,when i only use Punishment, but can't do that with Curse on Hit.

isn't a bug? Can I grant the buff just with the Cyclone, is a melee skill too.
You do know the enemies have to hit you after they are Cursed, right? You don't hit them to get the Buff, that would be far too powerful.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 18, 2015, 3:22:12 PM
Ha good to know that Vipermagi. I read that wrong too and wanted to ask something with Groundslam, because Punishment irritated me. I thought i can't get the buff with Groundslams AOE damage and suspected it don't beeing a melee hit and don't getting increased by support gems like melee phys dam(something like lightning strikes projectiles).
I really like the new punishment and its mechanics, but I have 1 problem. 4 seconds is not enough! I think its a good starting point, but I think it should either increase as the gem levels up, or there should be a way to scale the duration of the buff. Perhaps with curse effect or curse duration or maybe temporal chains, I don't know. But I do know that 4 seconds isn't enough for me. Am I missing something?

Let me explain why. I am a summoner trying to really beef up my zombies with a lot of "more" multipliers and "extra" damage, like punishment, hatred, minion damage, etc. Now, when I curse a pack with punishment and send my zombies in to terrorize them, I probably get 2-3 zombies with the punishment buff, and it lasts for exactly 1 attack if I'm lucky. That means the only benefit I'm getting is 1 zombie attack that has extra damage. Perhaps it is only my build that has this problem and I should try a different curse, but I feel this skill should be able to work for me if I try!

I just want to add that the starry effect from punishment feels really good and it makes the zombies feel like a superboss. Imagine the whole pack having it! I don't expect it to last forever, but having just 1 second of my whole pack feel like that would be amazing.
Last edited by Eww on Sep 2, 2015, 4:47:16 AM
''Punishment is a curse that causes enemies to grant a buff to anyone they hit with melee attacks.''
Why only hit with melee attacks? This curse can be used only against some trash mobs and trash bosses.
Last edited by Tihi1982 on Sep 9, 2015, 6:43:16 AM
I will switch Punishment by Vulnerability in my templar. I think that will be more usefull.

I hated this change made to Punishment. Reflect Damage was far more usefull before patch 2.0.

Why monsters can reflect damage and the player not? Is this another "philosophy" of GGG to force the player to acquire Unique Items to achieve reflect damage?

I really hated this change. Aborting Punishment by now!
Just making sure, but how does Punishment interact with curse "resistance"?
The old phys reflect punishment curse, was the only way summoners (SRS mainly) could keep remotely competitive in pvp against ranged opponents (bow, EK) before. Not sure why it was changed. I guess phys reflect didn't have much utility outside of pvp?

My SRS used to one shot with reflect, crit bow builds back in the day. Was fun. :)

The reflect from necro aegis with Thousand Teeth Temu shield (1 - 1000), barely tickles people.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You do know the enemies have to hit you after they are Cursed, right? You don't hit them to get the Buff, that would be far too powerful.

Fun fact: it depends. With lockstep some parts of 'cause/result' chain got mixed.

In case of this curse you need to be hit ONCE. That hit procs cwdt and at the same time applies the curse effect to you. It is a bug and unwanted interaction but ive used it for entire 2.0 and was able to reproduce it 100/100

It is the same stuff that prevents one cwdt proc to both create corpses with desecrate and offer them with offering. It works properly in desync mode. But with lockstep there are few quirks like these.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info