Punishment

Hi Rory? This gem is completely useless. Please update it
So to my understanding punishment was originally a curse that made monsters take reflected damage. Then it was changed to if you take a melee hit you get a great buff, but only from melee hits.

Idea 1: % of damage taken is added to your attacks/spells as reflected damage. Almost like a reverse impale where taking damage builds stacks on you, that you expend on your next attack/spell. The outgoing damage can't be modified because its reflected it encourages a dangerous risk reward play style as the more damage you take the more damage you deal.

Idea 2: you make Vulnerability just physical/bleed

You make punishment for all the other "physical" ailments. Like blind, maim, impale. Thematically it works as all those things definitely fall under punishment. A
just remove this gem already

i do not know who thought this version of this skill is better than the original one but.. world is strange i guess

major issues with this:

- works when hit by MELEE enemy. melee enemies just like melee players are rare and dying breed. most endgame enemies have very limited melee abilities and most of their moves are spells.

congrats, this skill is 100% useless in these fights

- 33% more melee damage and -20% enemy armour vs hits. first one is nice, second is.. mostly worthless with how much damage players deal and how little AR monsters have. the attack speed bonus is not worth mentioning.

for a melee character it is rare to have more than one curse (if at all). Assassins Mark that you can apply via ring or Vulnerability you can apply via gloves beat this curse EASILY. if you have two curse slots.. then AM + Vuln is the best combo by far (with Temp Chains as a third pick).

- im sure there are some degenerative setups when you get auto-hit and auto-something via some obscure setup. cool. these mechanics look cool. but.. like seriously, dont waste curse gems just to make them seen. not to mention that the cost of going trough the hurdle of such setup easily outweights the opportunity cost: getting 35% more damage nowadays is surprisingly easy and cheap. no need for magic auto-something setups

i know there is no going back to reflect-based curse. powercreep made damage values comical, the game pace is absurd and anything that works only after being hit..

just how is anyone planning to use this curse vs "Die" beam?
Deleted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info