Lightning Warp

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
The problem with decreasing the delay is that it opens an opportunity for people to keep this gem at level 1,
I haven't really used this. I suppose the cast time goes down with level?

Leap slam can be kept at lvl 1 as a teleport, so I don't see why they should be imbalanced (would make good sense for leap slam to gain faster attack speed with higher levels)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
The problem with decreasing the delay is that it opens an opportunity for people to keep this gem at level 1,
I haven't really used this. I suppose the cast time goes down with level?

Leap slam can be kept at lvl 1 as a teleport, so I don't see why they should be imbalanced (would make good sense for leap slam to gain faster attack speed with higher levels)

Leveling up the gem only increases dmg.

I think leveling up should increase travel speed, like +2% speed / level, at lvl 20 you would be 40% faster. Maybe the mana cost / level should be increased to discourage extensive spamming.
Add to this skill 4 seconds cooldown and make it to be instant move skill.
Useless skill, it cannot do anything better than other skills.

1. Can't go through walls, not a real teleport, it's really a leap slam with different animation.

2. Low damage, i mean you literally have to wait for seconds to get low aoe low damage.

3. The delay/cast-time, WHY. As it is now, in addition to being useless in every league, it's FATAL in hardcore league. The mana cost itself should prohibit players from repeatedly spamming this skill, why add some arbitrary useless delay between cast and actual jump (yes i call it a jump).

Doing something about any (not all) of the above mentioned issues might make it a viable skill.
Last edited by Khodar on Apr 17, 2012, 11:54:09 AM
I welcome a balanced form of teleport in an ARPG... instant teleport really dominated Diablo 2, both before and after Enigma.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The cast time is short, but the spell doesn't teleport you immediately when cast, it just sets up a marker at the target location. The delay between casting the spell and the teleport going of is based on how fast it would take you to move there...

Does this mean movement speed modifiers (like on boots or Phase Run) will affect the duration of the delay?

I can imagine stacking some movement speed would be an interesting build for increasing this spell's responsiveness.
"
Squidgyxombie wrote:
I welcome a balanced form of teleport in an ARPG... instant teleport really dominated Diablo 2, both before and after Enigma.

As i mentioned in my post, they don't have to make it instant for it to be viable, they can either make it a real teleport (goes through walls) and/or give it better damage.

They could just move the delay from before the actual jump to after the actual jump, so that when you cast it, you instantly appear in the other location, but you're "exhausted" or "ending the cast of the spell" for a second or so. I wouldn't mind being incapacitated AFTER teleport. Right now i'd rather leap slam out of danger than wait for this spell to take effect while mobs are whacking me around.
Last edited by Khodar on Apr 18, 2012, 2:27:31 PM
beautifull skill!
one of my favorite as it is, with it's actual contengencies and drawbacks.
you just have to learn how it work for good... and i don't want to say more.
it's my hint ;)...
... nothing
It's an interesting skill and it's definitely not a defensive one: more of a offensive mobility skill it seems.

It's very hard to use effectively though. And when you do use it effectively, you're mostly rewarded with just looking cool. I wonder if it could give a bonus to your next spell, kind of like Phase Run does.

I'm lvl 41 atm with the lightwitch, I'll keep trying to get used to it but so far definitely seems weak. Setting up novas simply by running around is much more consistent and effect (at least with my proficiency with this skill).
Last edited by aimlessgun on Apr 21, 2012, 9:17:17 PM
one test and try by Uristmacdwarfy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qIHFWUOjI
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info