Lightning Warp

"
RaffoBaffo wrote:
I get a lot of crashes while using this skill, it basically happens in an kind of different situation and on different characters.

Same here .
It's known, GGG said it happens especially when you fight archers, so try not spamming it against them.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Well... If I hadn't read the 5 pages here, I wouldn't know how to use this skill...

I tried it with a melee witch.

I got this skill in Cruel (not sure I could get it before), the level req is 24, but the damage is ridiculously low at the time I got it.

And it seems not to be an utility skill due to cast time and delay.

The cast time + delay was too slow to close the gap with the enemies, and most of the time I missed them completely because they move toward me. I don't have a lot of movement speed (shield and armor, -11%) and cast speed.

As for evading enemies, with the delay, I wonder if it's possible. Ice Nova would do a better job...

You should also add in the description you can reduce the delay with increased movement speed...

I guess we'll have to wait the dex/int class with the flicker combo to see if it's really useful, or if we have to create a build around it to use it.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
What is this skill intended to be? Both the Str and Dex movement gems are better mechanics for a caster than this skill.
Leap Slam: Leave the spot you were a immediately after casting delay, arrive at your destiation faster than walking speed.
Phase Run: Monster response time delay allows you to not be hit by mobs as you walk past them.
Lightning Warp: get pounded on by mobs that caught up to you during the casting time, arrive at your destination no faster than you could have walked there.

The only time i have found this skill usefull is when running through wide open areas (cast in one direction and run in the other). If this isn't intended to be an escape skill for casters one should be added.
We do what we must
because we can.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
This fixed yet? Didn't see the bug fix mentioned in the patch notes about this crashing your game if you have an arrow in your knee..
"
sanddemon wrote:
This fixed yet? Didn't see the bug fix mentioned in the patch notes about this crashing your game if you have an arrow in your knee..

Not yet, but it's at the top of our list now that we've got 0.9.7 out. Hopefully we can find a solution soon!
Balance & Design
This skill has great potential, but I think it could do with some changes, unfortunately I'm not sure those changes can even be implemented in this game.

In my mind a skill like this should allow for more twitchy gameplay, to evade enemies or reach archers rapidly. It should be instant, or near instant cast. Ideally with a cooldown to prevent abuse, but afaik there are no skill cooldowns in this game. This skill could use it however.

At the very least the delay should not be variable depending on the range you use it. Waiting 3 seconds to get to a archer pack, you might as well walk over to them since the damage itself is negligible.
IGN : Jovial
As this being the only reasonable "teleport" spell for Rangers or Witches, it would be ideal to have it be A LOT faster in terms of casting delay.

I understand that you don't want to make this spell for faster travelling, but the time it takes to cast is WAY too high. As a ranged character it would be amazing to have something like this that can be cast as fast as Projectile Weakness. The time it takes to cast at the moment, is pointless to use because even in a slightly faster paced combat situation this pretty much stops everything and I am left in a worse situation than I would be by just running away.

I wouldn't even mind having it go off faster, since it takes a lot of mana and burning through potions isn't a good idea for just travelling. If you want to travel faster for a period of time, you should be prepared to not have your potions ready, it would balance out somewhat.

I hope there is some other equivalent teleport-spell that is useful for a Ranger in the released game.
Last edited by MythzFreeze on Apr 1, 2012, 3:22:05 PM
The problem with decreasing the delay is that it opens an opportunity for people to keep this gem at level 1, and spam it to warp around the zone. Imagine that in PvP.

Just my opinion.

I would like to see the radius increased on the damage AoE.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info